Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Botchin' Ben Gordon
AirScott
post Mar 31 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

OK, I had to start a thread about this. Ben Gordon is an awesome scorer, came up big a lot of times in the fourth quarter...but we HAVE to stop giving him the ball on final possessions. this is getting ridiculous. he missed how many game-winners in a row? he made one against Indiana, but he botched four chances today. FOUR CHANCES! why not Hinrich? why not try to get Deng the ball at 15-17 feet? why does it HAVE to be Gordon?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
bschmaranz
post Mar 31 2007, 04:58 PM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 59

It's not really the fact of giving Gordon the ball, it's that he cannot create for himself. Skiles needs to draw something up for BG, not isolate him with a guy who has 6 inches on him (LeBron) is guarding him.

But yeah, giving him the last shot and chance to win the game four times today was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Mar 31 2007, 05:18 PM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

Half the fans on this site are rediculous. It's not Ben Gordon or Scott Skiles. I'm actually happy Skiles still showed faith in BG (because he hasn't always). There is nobody on the Bulls team more capable of hitting a game winning shot. The problem is that teams know BG is going to get the ball and almost always try and trap him or double him. That's why a play should be drawn up where Hinrich drives and kicks. But the problem with that is that Hinrich doesn't ever kick the ball out. He wants to be the "man" and he throws up some aweful runner in the lane instead of kicking the ball out.

BG is not good dribbling out of double teams. Not many players are but with his height it makes it even more difficult for him to make decisions when he does get doubled or trapped.

I'll take the Bulls losing w/ BG getting the final shot over giving the final shot to Kirk. I wouldn't mind Kirk getting an open 3 or Luol getting an open jumper for the last shot but if you want someone to create their own shot Gordon is the one to do it as long as he's not doubled.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 02:13 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home