IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Which guard to deal in the off season?
guard trade
This off season, which, if any, guard should the Bulls trade?
Ben Gordon [ 11 ] ** [68.75%]
Larry Hughes [ 2 ] ** [12.50%]
Kirk Hinrich [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Thabo Sefolosha [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
None, they will need the depth [ 1 ] ** [6.25%]
Total Votes: 17

madisonsmadhouse
post Feb 22 2008, 07:20 AM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

What say you TalkBulls? With the new found glut of guards for next year, who should the Bulls trade, or should they stand pat?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Steve9347
post Feb 22 2008, 08:55 AM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Get Gordon out of here.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Feb 22 2008, 04:03 PM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Feb 22 2008, 09:04 AM) *
Get Gordon out of here.

I hate you Steve. How about we all quit hating Gordon and start hating the other guys who have dramtically underperformed this year (Hinrich & Deng). I personally am tired of everyone bashing on Gordon. Get Gordon a true post option and if he still struggles then ship him away. But I don't think that will be the case.

As for Thabo & Kirk, they both combined don't have the game that Gordon does and I'm tired of all this bs. Thabo is taller and a better defender but who on our team can hit the jumper as well as Gordon? Larry Hughes will be a good scorer and could make it seem like we don't need Gordon but who the hell on the Bulls will be hitting 3's if Gordon is gone? It won't be Thabo and it won't be Hughes. Yes Gordon leaves a lot to be desired on defense but I don't want him gone. I guarantee if you put him on a team like Orlando he'd dominate and put up better #'s than Rashard Lewis. The problem is that Chicago hasn't had that post threat.

Anyway, if we were going to trade him and get top value for it we needed to do it last year. This summer we won't be able to squeeze anything meaningful in a trade involving Gordon unless we include another young player in the deal. I personally would try and offer him the same contract he turned down and hopefully we can lock Gordon up long term. And even then I wouldn't trade him unless we for sure were getting a star player.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Feb 22 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #4

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Feb 22 2008, 04:12 PM) *
I hate you Steve. How about we all quit hating Gordon and start hating the other guys who have dramtically underperformed this year (Hinrich & Deng). I personally am tired of everyone bashing on Gordon. Get Gordon a true post option and if he still struggles then ship him away. But I don't think that will be the case.

As for Thabo & Kirk, they both combined don't have the game that Gordon does and I'm tired of all this bs. Thabo is taller and a better defender but who on our team can hit the jumper as well as Gordon? Larry Hughes will be a good scorer and could make it seem like we don't need Gordon but who the hell on the Bulls will be hitting 3's if Gordon is gone? It won't be Thabo and it won't be Hughes. Yes Gordon leaves a lot to be desired on defense but I don't want him gone. I guarantee if you put him on a team like Orlando he'd dominate and put up better #'s than Rashard Lewis. The problem is that Chicago hasn't had that post threat.

Anyway, if we were going to trade him and get top value for it we needed to do it last year. This summer we won't be able to squeeze anything meaningful in a trade involving Gordon unless we include another young player in the deal. I personally would try and offer him the same contract he turned down and hopefully we can lock Gordon up long term. And even then I wouldn't trade him unless we for sure were getting a star player.

Gotta love those SG who want to make $12 mill - $15 mill per season who can't score unless they have a post option. Why should we pay a guy that much money who has been completely worthless all season long? It seems quite ridiculous.

Gordon can't even start in the NBA, but he wants to get paid almost max? This is a joke. I know you LOOOOVE Gordon, but of the three (Hinrich, Deng, Gordon), Gordon is by far the most one-dimensional and the least valuable.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 05:19 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home