Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gasol to LAL, Gasol to the Lakers
MB33
post Feb 1 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 477

The Grizzlies have traded Pau Gasol to the Lakers for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton and first-round draft picks in 2008 and 2010.

I think we could have made a better offer but pax is not the type of gm to pull the trigger!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cars
post Feb 1 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Rookie

Member No.: 210

Now we can take both Gasol and Kobe off of the moves to make....

Are there really any left?

+Quote Post
b-riann
post Feb 1 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 892

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3226203

now kobe wont opt out after the year, and now we wont get gasol. the grizz/lakers just killed our chances at either guy this year or next year

mecry.gif

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Feb 1 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (cars @ Feb 1 2008, 03:29 PM) *
Now we can take both Gasol and Kobe off of the moves to make....

Are there really any left?

Good. I was never really in favor of Gasol anyway. Funny how low the Griz went for Gasol.

Who's left...good question. I see Pax making a play for Arenas in the off-season...and at least inquiring about DWade. Then hopefully bringing Brand back. All very doubtful though...but like you said...what's left out there. Maybe trying to pry away one of the Suns in the offseason....but wouldn't hold my breath on that one either.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 1 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

That's pretty bogus, and I'm more than a bit annoyed. That seems to tell me that Noah or Tyrus, a couple of future picks (spiff, even this year's pick, that's got to have more value and we'll probably get another decent but not stellar player anyways) and a bunch of financial filler (Duhon/Khryapa/Brown sign and trade) would have gotten it done. It looks like when everyone got healthy you could have a lineup of Hinrich/Gordon/Deng/Wallace or Smith/Gasol and still have the other veteran big, Nocioni, Thabo, and either Noah or Tyrus coming off the bench. spiff man...

The only excuse I can think of is the Bulls/Brown/Memphis not being able to agree on a large enough 1 year deal in a sign and trade, and that seems like it'd be pretty minor.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Feb 1 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #6

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Chances of Kobe were already dead.

It's maddening that Pax didn't beat that deal. He should be run out of town at this point.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 1 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #7

6th Man

LA killed 2 birds with 1 stone they took gasol and now we wont have a shot at kobe or even a pitch because they are legit contenders with
fish
kobe
gasol
bynum
odom

and a bench that is pretty solid.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 1 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Is it possible that after a year and a half and half a year of bashing and not playing Tyrus and Noah, respectively, that other teams just don't want them any more?

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 1 2008, 04:07 PM
Post #9

6th Man

This is more of a GM thing to even not be in contention of a trade is ludacris!No one in the bulls is untouchable we do not have a star and most of our guys are outside shooters including deng who is afraid to attack the rim.Noah though is looking decent,tyrus needs to play more so he can learn the ropes.If we were to rebuild AGAIN i would keep tyrus,noah,sefolosha.Deng needs a superstar next to him to get him to the next level.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 1 2008, 04:20 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (MB33 @ Feb 1 2008, 02:16 PM) *
This is more of a GM thing to even not be in contention of a trade is ludacris!No one in the bulls is untouchable we do not have a star and most of our guys are outside shooters including deng who is afraid to attack the rim.Noah though is looking decent,tyrus needs to play more so he can learn the ropes.If we were to rebuild AGAIN i would keep tyrus,noah,sefolosha.Deng needs a superstar next to him to get him to the next level.

I'm starting to think the exact same thing about this offseason...and I'm especially interested in what we might be able to get by packaging say, Gordon, the #10 pick or so, and maybe someone like Hinrich/Nocioni for salary reasons.

If this season stays true to form, then by my count, if we resign Gordon and Deng, we'll have 7 recent high draft picks on this roster, plus Smith, plus Wallace. (Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Thabo, Tyrus, Noah, this year's pick). There's simply no way to divy up the minutes any more...we have to try to turn 2-3 of these guys into a higher level player. We have to move some depth in exchange for talent.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 1 2008, 04:29 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Definitely true we need to package a couple of those guys with picks if we dont make a move before the trading deadline.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 1 2008, 04:31 PM
Post #12

Superstar

The Grizzlies are also sending Stromile Swift to the Nets for Jason Collins.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Feb 1 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #13

6th Man

I actually think if kidd stays which i doubt he will help stromile swift be a better player!

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Feb 1 2008, 04:35 PM
Post #14

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

wow the grizz are busy. i would like to see the bulls make some moves. im glad the lakers traded for gasol, i didnt like the idea of gasol on the bulls.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 1 2008, 04:43 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Feb 1 2008, 02:44 PM) *
wow the grizz are busy. i would like to see the bulls make some moves. im glad the lakers traded for gasol, i didnt like the idea of gasol on the bulls.

I didn't either...but it's not like the Lakers gave up much here. At some point, when we've missed out on big guy after big guy moving, while meanwhile the young guys that we'd presumably move in a deal like that languish on the bench splitting 20 minutes a game, it's time for an explanation.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:14 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home