> Trade chatter, not specific enough for its own thread
sport1016
post Feb 12 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

This is from ESPN's Chris Sheridan:

• The Chicago Bulls are being described as "all over the map" in their trade talks. In addition to trying to move Ben Wallace, one source said the Bulls are now "as open as they've ever been" to trading Ben Gordon. Discussions recently broke down between the Bulls and Hornets over a deal that would have sent shooter Rasual Butler to Chicago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Feb 12 2008, 01:35 PM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

Good. At least this means Pax wants to blow this spiff up.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 12 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Wait, did I just read that right? Rasual Butler was going to come over in a Ben Gordon trade? Holy spiff if Paxson ever did that he would have a bounty on his head and every Bulls fan would be after him. What the hell is that kind of trade? Maybe a future allstar for garbage?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 12 2008, 03:59 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 12 2008, 03:48 PM) *
Wait, did I just read that right? Rasual Butler was going to come over in a Ben Gordon trade? Holy spiff if Paxson ever did that he would have a bounty on his head and every Bulls fan would be after him. What the hell is that kind of trade? Maybe a future allstar for garbage? jesus

That's not exactly what it said, at least not as written. Those were two seperate thoughts in different sentences in a blurb talking about the Bulls being involved in a lot of different deals. I seriously doubt Pax is going to give up one of his best players for a bench player at best.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 12 2008, 04:00 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Feb 12 2008, 04:08 PM) *
That's not exactly what it said, at least not as written. Those were two seperate thoughts in different sentences in a blurb talking about the Bulls being involved in a lot of different deals. I seriously doubt Pax is going to give up one of his best players for a bench player at best.

I'm hoping that is the case but the way it was written it looked like it was Gordon for Butler.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Feb 13 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #6

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Feb 12 2008, 05:09 PM) *
I'm hoping that is the case...

That has to be the case. There's no way Paxson would ever deal Gordon for a 28-year-old SG/SF-type shooting 35% in 18 mpg. I know a lot of people are upset with Pax for not getting any deals done for a guy like Kobe or Gasol (including myself), but there's no way he'd make that bad of a trade.

I'm sure it would have more likely been a deal like Duhon for Butler or something like that (which, btw, I still wouldn't have been a fan of).

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Feb 14 2008, 05:47 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 61

Take this for what it's worth from the InsideHoops forum:

Gordon to the Hornets. Bulls asking for Rasual Butler, Julian Wright and #1 pick in return.
Apparently the Bulls are looking to made the trade bigger and are lobbying to get Hilton Armstrong as well and will send more than just Gordon to the Hornets

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 14 2008, 07:08 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 14 2008, 05:56 PM) *

Gordon to the Hornets. Bulls asking for Rasual Butler, Julian Wright and #1 pick in return.
Apparently the Bulls are looking to made the trade bigger and are lobbying to get Hilton Armstrong as well and will send more than just Gordon to the Hornets

That'd be pretty lame. Their pick is going to be pretty low, and why would we want Wright or Armstrong? That's a serious rebuilding step, and barring Deng heading out too, which I kinda doubt they do as attached as they've been to him and as young as he still is, we don't really have any room for either of those guys with Deng, Tyrus and Noah getting 30 minutes a piece or more if we make a move like that (and of course Gray as well, and potentially still being stuck with Wallace, and still dealing Noc and Smith somewhere). I would hope that in any trade they do they either add young backcourt players or get a legit post scorer, that deal accomplishes neither. That, and all of the players we'd be getting are worse than what we currently have at the position.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 14 2008, 07:09 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Wanne @ Feb 14 2008, 06:56 PM) *

What the hell? How big of a logjam do we want to create at SP/PF? Deng, Nocioni, Thomas, Wright, Butler, Griffin, Noah, and Smith...and possibly Armstrong. And New Orleans has one of the best records in the league, that 1st won't get us anything spectacular.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Feb 14 2008, 08:00 PM
Post #10

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 14 2008, 08:18 PM) *
What the hell? How big of a logjam do we want to create at SP/PF? Deng, Nocioni, Thomas, Wright, Butler, Griffin, Noah, and Smith...and possibly Armstrong. And New Orleans has one of the best records in the league, that 1st won't get us anything spectacular.

That's what I was thinking. Unless, of course, we were acquiring players for another trade. I think that would have to be the case. No one would get the PT they deserve with all those guys competing.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Feb 14 2008, 11:36 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Feb 14 2008, 09:09 PM) *
That's what I was thinking. Unless, of course, we were acquiring players for another trade. I think that would have to be the case. No one would get the PT they deserve with all those guys competing.

I think that's pretty much the gist of it right there IMO.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 15 2008, 06:14 PM
Post #12

Superstar

You see, he also forgot to mention that New Orleans also has Chris Paul coming in the deal ph34r.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:07 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home