IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls Sign Carlos Boozer, 5 years 80 million.
GreatScott82
post Jul 7 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

This leaves room for a max Lebron signing. Keeping hope alive!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Jul 7 2010, 03:19 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Not ideal by any means but since Amare and Bosh are already gone it will work as his numbers are pretty solid. I still would have personally preferred Lee but I am hopeful that this be the deal that lands us LeBron tomorrow night!

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jul 7 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Bench

You would think the Wade and Bosh signings to Miami just pretty much dares Lebron to go to Chicago. If Lebron truly wants to compete for an East title with the likes of the Heat, Celtics and Magic- the Bulls are the team to go to.

New York: Stoudemire and who else?
Cleveland: Jameson, West, Varejao, Gibson?
Nets: Lopez, Favors, Harris?
Bulls: Rose, Deng, Boozer, Noah

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 7 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

hopefully this encourages lebron to join the bulls even more, boozer said he would reach out to lebron according to espn.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jul 7 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #5

Bench

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 7 2010, 04:45 PM) *
hopefully this encourages lebron to join the bulls even more, boozer said he would reach out to lebron according to espn.

yep. those 2 were teamates back in Lebron's early days in Cleveland.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jul 7 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

Love it!!

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 7 2010, 05:52 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I don't think Lebron will sign in Chicago but I'm happy we got Boozer and that it wasn't for a max deal. That's huge. Even if we don't sign Lebron it still gives us the flexibility to add 2 more very good players.

If Lebron doesn't come we need to sign Ray Allen or Mike Miller. I'd prefer Mike Miller unless we are only signing Allen to a big 1 year or 2 year deal (with the 2nd year being a team option). That keeps us in the running for Melo next year. Then we should consider signing Sergio Rodriguez and Travis Outlaw to solidify the bench. I think Outlaw could be a starter on the Bulls in our system which could allow us to trade Deng for another combo guard and a backup center to add to our depth.

I think if we sign Allen or Miller we are a very solid team and would be capable of competing with and possibly beating any team in the East. I still think the Lakers would probably be too much for us to handle next year but they are an aging team and their windo is quickly closing.

+Quote Post
MB33
post Jul 7 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Great pick up!

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 7 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #9

6th Man

Member No.: 781

two of the best rebounders in the nba on the same team! can't argue with that

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jul 7 2010, 08:20 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 7 2010, 04:06 PM) *
yep. those 2 were teamates back in Lebron's early days in Cleveland.

Not that I know the dynamics of that...but Lebron could be pissed he stiffed Cleveland. I doubt it...but who knows with these primadonnas. As for Boozer...I would have preferred Lee as well it's not a bad get at all. If James goes back to Cleveland or wherever I'd definately go after Kyle Korver.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 12 2010, 07:11 AM
Post #11

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

I'd just like to say...Yes, this deal makes us better on paper...but I don't like it. Not a big Boozer fan, he's an upgrade from what we have but doesn't put us over the top, and in 2-3 years that contract is going to be an albatross.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 12 2010, 07:52 AM
Post #12

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 12 2010, 08:11 AM) *
I'd just like to say...Yes, this deal makes us better on paper...but I don't like it. Not a big Boozer fan, he's an upgrade from what we have but doesn't put us over the top, and in 2-3 years that contract is going to be an albatross.

Balta, the BEST thing about this contract is that it's going to be an absolute albatross near the end (I disagree with your 2-3 years statement, I think year 5 is the only one that really matters). Having a bad player on a 15+ mill contract makes him super attractive to teams that will be looking to acquire Space, Cap for the following season.

We're set!

In all reality, I'm not going to complain when the Bulls finally add a big who can score on the inside. I can't remember when the Bulls have had a frontcourt that was this deep/good with Noah/Boozer/Gibson/Asik.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 12 2010, 11:54 AM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 12 2010, 09:52 AM) *
Balta, the BEST thing about this contract is that it's going to be an absolute albatross near the end (I disagree with your 2-3 years statement, I think year 5 is the only one that really matters). Having a bad player on a 15+ mill contract makes him super attractive to teams that will be looking to acquire Space, Cap for the following season.

We're set!

In all reality, I'm not going to complain when the Bulls finally add a big who can score on the inside. I can't remember when the Bulls have had a frontcourt that was this deep/good with Noah/Boozer/Gibson/Asik.

Well, when I think that the next 2-3 years are guaranteed lost to Miami anyway, and the 2011-2012 season seems likely to be at least mostly lost if not completely lost, so I kinda am focusing on years 3-5 of the deal and thinking that looks pretty rough.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:50 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home