IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rate the Bulls Moves
Rate the Bulls Moves
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 14
Guests cannot vote 
Balta1701-B
post Feb 19 2009, 08:06 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

The Bulls were pretty much the most active team at the deadline this year. Complete overhaul of everything except the starting lineup, moves to clear cap space, moves for more depth, adding picks, etc.

How did Pax do this round? Did he satisfy you or did he make things worse? Do you still want him gone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 19 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #2

Superstar

IMO, moves were solidly positive on paper, now we just need to make sure it doesn't cost minutes for the guys who need minutes. We got cap space, probably enough for 2010 (hopefully Pax has some semblance of what number he actually needed to get to), reinforcements for a playoff run with guys who will actually play, and an extra pick.

Pax did what I wanted him to do, he's earned a reprieve until the offseason.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Feb 19 2009, 09:02 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

We moved 2 of the 3 contracts that really needed to be move without sacrificing a huge dropoff in talent, as well as getting essentially a mulligan on Thabo.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Feb 19 2009, 09:03 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I think they're somewhere between a push and a positive. The Hughes deal was definitely one headache for another, the Sacramento one appears to be a positive but could also backfire a bit if Salmons (or Gordon, hopefully Salmons) raises a stink about coming off the bench and Miller fails to improve the frontcourt.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Feb 19 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 163

Lets look at our new team:
PG: Rose, Hinrich, Hunter
SG: Gordon, Salmon, Robertson
SF: Deng, Tim Thomas
PF: Ty Thomas, Noah
C: Miller, Noah, Gray

I think Thomas will be a great backup for Deng. Im interested to see how this Salmon guy does as well. 18 ppg is pretty solid. Miller is a smart player, good passer, decent defensively and will be a nice big man downlow for Rose. I think we are stronger today than we were 2 days ago. I also believe we will make the playoffs as the 7th or 8th seed. It will be fun to see how Rose does under the spot light.

Future: Trading Thabo for a 1st round pick is a smart move. Esspecially since we were overcrowded at the guard position. It will be nice to have 2 first round picks going into next year. Shedding Noc's contract is huge and if Salmons rejects the option, we will be in great shape to get a big name in 2010.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 19 2009, 10:16 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I think they were solid moves. I would have rather been left without Tim Thomas but atleast we got rid of the guys we needed to get rid of (Hughes, Nocioni, Gooden, Thabo). I will miss Nocioni. Despite what I've said about him before he wanted to win more than anybody else on the team, he just seemed to frustrate you all the time.. I hope Noc can go to a team like Boston and win a ring, he deserves it.

The Sacramento trade was very nice. Salmons will be a spark off the bench, and Miller is a guy you can run plays through because of his excellent passing in the post. I think he helps alot and honestly I feel like this is the type of player that can get you into the playoffs given our offensive system. Think of all the open space Derrick will have knowing Miller plays around the elbow! His defense is still pretty awful but he's 7'0 big body. Before this trade I wasn't sure about Miller but the more I think about how he can help our system, the more I like it. We didn't get Stoudemire but with the Chris Bosh news that he'll want to come here makes me think this might actually be a good thing. Alot can happen in a year and a half so we'll see smile.gif.

Our depth chart is better than it was before.

PG: Rose/Hinrich/Hunter
SG: Gordon/Salmons/Hinrich
SF: Deng/Salmons/Tim Thomas
PF: Tyrus/Tim Thomas
C: Miller/Noah/Gray

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Feb 19 2009, 10:47 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Positive/Yes. Nothing was necessarily solved, but we added a lot of good depth to the team and acquired some useful pieces, all while setting ourselves up nicely for cap space in the future. Dealing Hinrich for expirings and picks would have made it excellent.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 20 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #8

Superstar

I'm surprised at the goodwill built up for Pax yesterday.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 08:06 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home