> Thabo Sefolosha, a SG version of Andres Nocioni
maggsmaggs
post Apr 13 2006, 08:30 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=280

He seems like he would be a good pick for our second 1st round selelction, assuming we make the playoffs and it's in the mid-teens. At 6-7, he plays shooting guard and is terrific defensively, willing to take a charge and can rebound. He seems just like Noc, but more athletic. We have all seen how Noc has helped carry this team the past month, one more Noc type player would be sweet. I think he could possibly be a very good addition for us and his buyout is an easy one according to the draftexpress.com. I really like Thabo and of course I will be criticized for reading a profile online based on a basketball fan's perspective and basing my opinion of actual film of him tongue.gif , but I don't care, I am on the bandwagon. Thoughts and opinions? Am I off my rocker?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 13 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 13 2006, 08:23 PM)
http://www.draftexpress.com/viewprofile.php?p=280

He seems like he would be a good pick for our second 1st round selelction, assuming we make the playoffs and it's in the mid-teens. At 6-7, he plays shooting guard and is terrific defensively, willing to take a charge and can rebound. He seems just like Noc, but more athletic. We have all seen how Noc has helped carry this team the past month, one more Noc type player would be sweet. I think he could possibly be a very good addition for us and his buyout is an easy one according to the draftexpress.com. I really like Thabo and of course I will be criticized for reading a profile online based on a basketball fan's perspective and basing my opinion of actual film of him tongue.gif , but I don't care, I am on the bandwagon. Thoughts and opinions? Am I off my rocker?

i was actually looking at his report and i was thinking the exact same thing and he is 6'7 and is olny 19 years old so he san still develop in our system and get use to it. he is like a Brandon Roy but a little taller then him andi think would also be a good addition if roy is gone with our pick.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Apr 13 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 41

Doesnt sound too bad but none of us have seen him play to be convinced but hes someone to keep in mind.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 13 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

If Jerry Krause were still managing the team, I'm almost sure that we'd take him. However, Paxson seems to prefer experienced college players.

So far, this guy is projected as a second round pick, so we'd be reaching a bit.

That's actually one of the harsher profiles I've read on draft express. It sounds like he's a poor shooter with bad mechanics that doesn't get the shot up fast enough. They also seem to think that he will struggle a bit more to get to the basket in the pros and needs to add some strength. If draft express is that rough on him, we probably don't want him.

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Apr 13 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 24

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 13 2006, 08:54 PM)
i was actually looking at his report and i was thinking the exact same thing and he is 6'7 and is olny 19 years old so he san still develop in our system and get use to it. he is like a Brandon Roy but a little taller then him andi think would also be a good addition if roy is gone with our pick.

He is 21. Also, have any of you actually seen the guy play? Because I would sooner trust Jay Mariotti to give an unbiased/honest evaluation of a player than draftexpress.

I'm not easy to convince about Euro/foreign players because there is usually too much hype built up around there name by people who have not seen them dribble a ball. However, Rudy Fernandez looks like a good player from this short video.

Rudy

He looks like a pretty atheltic guy despite his wirey frame. Supposed to have a real nice J.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 14 2006, 01:33 PM
Post #6

Guests

We better not get him. If I were Paxson I would take Thomas with the Number 1 and then Trade BG to move up in the draft and get Rodney Carney.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 14 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #7

6th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 14 2006, 01:26 PM)
We better not get him. If I were Paxson I would take Thomas with the Number 1 and then Trade BG to move up in the draft and get Rodney Carney.

thomas is another tyson and we do not need that and carney is not as good as Roy which would be a better pick form the start

1. Draft Roy with the first pick.
2. Draft O' Bryant with the second pick
3. Trade BG and sweets and the 2009 second round pick to the pacers for Jermaine O' Neal(for the people that want herrington he is another deng but older) that will fill our post presence and that would also get rid of the under sized guard.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 14 2006, 06:41 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Apr 14 2006, 02:54 PM)
thomas is another tyson and we do not need that and carney is not as good as Roy which would be a better pick form the start

3. Trade BG and sweets and the 2009 second round pick to the pacers for Jermaine O' Neal(for the people that want herrington he is another deng but older) that will fill our post presence and that would also get rid of the under sized guard.

I'll put it this way...

The supposed going rate for O'Neal before he got hurt was Hinrich and the Knicks' pick. I doubt it's going to drop that much. They're going to want more immediate help than most teams, and Gordon doesn't cut it.

+Quote Post
bschmaranz
post Apr 14 2006, 08:03 PM
Post #9

Bench

Member No.: 59

You do realize that someone with half a brain wouldn't make that deal? Nice lil pipe dream buddy. Keep reaching for the stars!

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Apr 14 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #10

6th Man

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Apr 14 2006, 07:56 PM)
You do realize that someone with half a brain wouldn't make that deal? Nice lil pipe dream buddy. Keep reaching for the stars!

i know but that is what i want to happen i will proballt not happen but it would be nice.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Apr 14 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #11

Guests

Roy would be a good choice if we pick him with our 2nd pick but I doubt he'll be there. Also.. You know as I know that the NBA DRAFT Is ALL BASED ON POTENTIAL! And who has the most potential you tell me. Carney or Roy? Its Carney easilly. I also think hes flat out better IMO.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Apr 14 2006, 10:35 PM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ Apr 14 2006, 01:26 PM)

why would you trade gordon for a crapshoot with an unproven college player? Remember the last time we made a trade like that...How did that work out? Elton Brand is playing like an mvp and chandler has more fouls than points again.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Apr 14 2006, 10:37 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 65

Trade gordon and a pick to a division rival...that's a big no!!!!

Then to even think of Jermaine Oneil on this team makes me sick. He is often injured and is a well known team cancer. I would rather have harrington than Oneil, plus we don't have to give anyone up to get him!!!

+Quote Post
maggsmaggs
post Jun 27 2006, 02:51 PM
Post #14

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 19

Sorry to bump this, but I really think Thabo is becoming a real possibility. Ya guys like him at 16, if we get a big at 2?

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 27 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #15

Guests

jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:59 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home