Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Declaring for the draft" thread
Balta1701-B
post Mar 22 2007, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Considering we'll probably have a lottery pick this year, and it's going to be interesting to watch Oden and Durant declare anyway, here's a thread for it.

I'll start it off with a less-than-popular name...Josh McRoberts is on his way to the NBA.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Mar 22 2007, 12:58 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Despite the other thread, we can throw LSU's "Big Baby" Glen Davis into this thread.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Mar 22 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 43

McRoberts is picking a bad time, his stock has really slid. He probably should have gone last year, probably would have snuck into the bottom half of the top 10. Now it'd be smarter for him to go back...

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 2 2007, 10:35 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

After watching the Florida Gators repeat is is there any chance they might all want to stay and go for a 3-peat?

The main 3 are all Juniors (Horford, Noah, Brewer). Green is also a junior. The only important players they are losing are Lee Humphrey and Chris Richards. They are also supposed to have one of the top recruiting classes (assuming Donovan doesn't leave and take the players with him). Is it likely they all decide to stay and go for the 3-peat?

I could see it happening. That would make this draft class a lot weaker overnight (3 potential top 10 picks deciding to stay in school). I'm praying it doesn't happen b/c I want the Bulls to get a very good player with that pick this year.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 2 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Apr 2 2007, 10:28 PM) *
After watching the Florida Gators repeat is is there any chance they might all want to stay and go for a 3-peat?

The main 3 are all Juniors (Horford, Noah, Brewer). Green is also a junior. The only important players they are losing are Lee Humphrey and Chris Richards. They are also supposed to have one of the top recruiting classes (assuming Donovan doesn't leave and take the players with him). Is it likely they all decide to stay and go for the 3-peat?

I could see it happening. That would make this draft class a lot weaker overnight (3 potential top 10 picks deciding to stay in school). I'm praying it doesn't happen b/c I want the Bulls to get a very good player with that pick this year.

I doubt they do it. It is probably an all stay/all go situation, but Brewer needs the money more than the others and is going to be on the rise after his shooting in the Final Four. I also have a hard time seeing Horford stay when he is a potential top-5 pick. I just don't think they'll be motivated enough to stay, they already made history and clearly half-assed it for long stretches this year. Obviously if Donovan leaves they're definitely gone. Everything aligned for it to happen once, hoping it happens again is probably unlikely (though I did think the same thing last year). Most of the experts have them all as probably gone (draftexpress says that Horford is already interviewing agents).

I'm not sure they'd win again anways, motivation would be a huge issue, and a lot of these other strong teams were also heavy on underclassmen (OSU, UCLA, Kansas, UNC, Georgetown and Memphis to name a few, though it's likely they lose a few guys).

They do have a pretty strong class coming in, Calathes is a solid pure point guard, Parsons has some good length and shooting range, and Tyus is an athletic forward, though he needs bulk up. That'd help soften the blow.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 5 2007, 02:02 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Linkity.
Florida's junior starters Joakim Noah, Al Horford, Corey Brewer and Taurean Green will forgo their final years of eligibility to enter the NBA draft, university president Bernie Machen told Bloomberg Radio.

"They will announce soon that they're going to stand for the draft,'' Machen told Bloomberg Radio for a program due to air this weekend. "They thought about it and decided it was in their best interest to move on."

The four juniors were expected to make an official announcement on their futures Thursday afternoon.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Apr 5 2007, 03:27 PM
Post #7

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Noah is going to lose some money for waiting 'til 2007.

P.S. it would be awesome if Durant and Oden both decided to return to school and totally screwed the 4 or 5 teams that have been blatantly tanking for the past 2 months.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 5 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Apr 5 2007, 04:20 PM) *
Noah is going to lose some money for waiting 'til 2007.

P.S. it would be awesome if Durant and Oden both decided to return to school and totally screwed the 4 or 5 teams that have been blatantly tanking for the past 2 months.

Awesome for those teams with no first round picks this year and high picks next year. But not awesome for the Bulls whose lottery pick would suffer dramatically if those 2 aren't in the draft. The Bulls likely would end up getting someone in the 7-9 spot that probably shouldn't even be a top 10 pick.

+Quote Post
Chi-town23-33
post Apr 6 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #9

12th Man

Member No.: 120

Spencer Hawes entering draft without agent. Would be a solid pickup for the Bulls.

Draft Express

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Apr 10 2007, 07:31 AM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Kevin Durant is supposedly ready to declare, could announce it as early as Tuesday. Heres the story -

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/ne...tory?id=2831655

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 10 2007, 08:02 AM
Post #11

All-Star

Well once we get Oden declared, our top 3 is pretty well set.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Apr 10 2007, 10:17 AM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Kevin Durant officially declared. I just saw it on the bottom line.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 10 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Apr 10 2007, 06:55 AM) *
Well once we get Oden declared, our top 3 is pretty well set.

Maybe I'll be laughed out of the place for asking, but who do you have going 3rd?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 10 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #14

All-Star

I keep seeing Wright from UNC mentioned as the #3 pick.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Apr 10 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Apr 10 2007, 12:05 PM) *
I keep seeing Wright from UNC mentioned as the #3 pick.

There is a great chance it's one of the 2 Wrights, either from Kansas or UNC.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 10:56 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home