> wtf Noah suspended??!!
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 11 2008, 11:26 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Yahoo! -
Chicago forward Joakim Noah was suspended by the team for Friday's game against the Sixers for what interim head coach Jim Boylan called an "internal disciplinary measure."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives...s_suspend_noah/
Chicago Tribune -
The Bulls placed Joakim Noah on the inactive list for Friday's game against the 76ers after the rookie forward engaged in an angry exchange with assistant coach Ron Adams at the team's morning shootaround.

Two team sources said Noah kept forgetting plays and blowing assignments during the walkthrough, then snapped when Adams kept riding him.

Asked about the incident after the Bulls' 100-97 victory, Noah at first declined to comment. When pressed further on whether he regretted the incident, the rookie launched into a lengthy answer.

"Yeah, I regret it because it was stupid," Noah said. "I mean, honestly, I like the coach a lot, but I felt like he disrespected me and I went back at him and maybe I shouldn't have done that.

"We spoke about it. It's so stupid because I was just talking about how fortunate we are to be in this situation and things like that. I don't want people to think I'm somebody who takes advantage of people because that's not at all who I am as a person. At the same time, it happened. It's a learning experience.

"Maybe next time if I have a problem I can say it in a bad manner instead of just blowing up. I let my emotions get the best of me."

"It really, really [stinks]; that's all I can say," Noah said. "I'll learn from this and get better."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 12 2008, 02:41 AM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

I'm getting sick of this organization. Joakim's not the type to get pissed about nothing, whatever happened happened and I'm sure he had every right to be pissed.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 12 2008, 10:33 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Lol Ron Adams, what a frickin tool! Our assistants are about the biggest joke of coaches that ne body has.. Fire them all!

+Quote Post
Sense-A
post Jan 12 2008, 12:00 PM
Post #4

NBDL

Member No.: 204

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jan 12 2008, 11:42 AM) *
Lol Ron Adams, what a frickin tool! Our assistants are about the biggest joke of coaches that ne body has.. Fire them all!

You blame the organization? My first speculation is that Noah is a young guy on a young team and he probably has a lot of maturing to do both as a person and a player.

but then i think who cares. This year is already sacrificed. Right now the best thing for this organization is to take chances. try a whole new playbook or try different players or coaches whatever. Try to make these players appreciate why and how they got there. fans show support that we still go to the games we still support the bulls every season no matter what.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 12 2008, 12:03 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

how can you say its the coaches fault? you wernt there you dont know what happened, i think noah has alot of maturing to do and he probably did blow up and lose it. i personally dont care if he plays or not, i like what gray and tyrus are giving right now.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jan 12 2008, 07:00 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Nah I just like to make fun of Ron Adams. Dude looks like a retard.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jan 13 2008, 02:20 PM
Post #7

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Players vote to sit Noah one more game

By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter

January 13, 2008, 12:34 PM CST

ATLANTA -- In a players-only vote, Bulls players decided to lengthen Joakim Noah's discipline for his emotional outburst at assistant Ron Adams on Friday in Philadelphia.

Bulls players voted to make Noah sit for his second straight game, Sunday's 1 p.m. tipoff in Atlanta. Previously, interim coach Jim Boylan had said Noah's discipline, which landed him on in the inactive list in Philadelphia, would last only one game.

A shell-shocked Noah struggled to find answers when asked about his teammates' decision.

"I mean I just have to accept it," Noah said. "What do you want me to say? I'm a rookie. It is what it is. I have to move on. There's nothing I can do about it."

Asked if he felt his angry exchange with Adams at Friday's morning shootaround warranted another stint on the inactive list, Noah paused for several seconds before answering.

"Ask the players who made the decision; I don't know," Noah said. "Do I agree with it? That doesn't matter or make a difference. I respect my teammates and respect their opinions and stuff like that. I just have to deal with it and move on."

Veterans Adrian Griffin and Ben Wallace called for the players-only vote following Saturday's practice in Atlanta.

"It's a situation we felt got out of hand," Wallace said. "Our big thing is regardless of what happened a coach and a player, it should never get to the point where you don't respect a grown man. You have to always respect that fact."

Boylan applauded his players' decision and said the message sent to Noah was a cumulative one that also addressed Noah's habitual tardiness.

"We talked about the team taking some ownership in their group and they have," Boylan said. "They came to me and expressed some hesitation as far as letting Joe just have one game to sit. They felt it deserved more. I backed my team and the decision they made and appreciate the leadership they have shown."

kcjohnson@tribune.com

I'm glad they are focusing on punishing teammates. And not focusing on trying to beat their next oponent.

+Quote Post
allbullz
post Jan 13 2008, 05:35 PM
Post #8

Draft Pick

Member No.: 139

First, these bums get Skiles fired, now they discipline Joakim because he had a disagreement with an assistant coach? Where the hell is Borland? That's his job to hand it out, not the players. God, do I want all of them (Coaches and players) gone! All of them are completely weak-minded.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jan 13 2008, 10:08 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

it sounds like his exchange with adams was bigger than they are making it out to be if the players feel he should sit another game. it is what it is, noah will learn from it and it probably wont happen again.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 14 2008, 08:40 AM
Post #10

I'm fresh.

Inmates running the asylum?

link

Noah is given peer penalty by Bulls
Bulls vote to sit rookie extra game after tirade
By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter

January 13, 2008, 10:26 PM CST

ATLANTA -- In a stunning move, Bulls players voted to increase Joakim Noah's discipline for verbally abusing assistant coach Ron Adams at Friday's morning shootaround in Philadelphia, forcing the rookie to miss Sunday's 105-84 loss to the Hawks.

Several Bulls, speaking on condition of anonymity, said the vote was unanimous.

A shellshocked Noah, who, according to sources, snapped when Adams kept riding him for forgetting plays, paused several times to compose himself while discussing his teammates' decision to urge coaches to sit him for one more game.

"I mean, I've just got to accept it," said Noah, 22. "What do you want me to say? I'm a rookie. ... I mean, it is what it is. I've just got to move on, and there's nothing I can do about it. So ..."

On Friday in Philadelphia, interim coach Jim Boylan said Noah's punishment would last only one game. Noah said his teammates' decision to lengthen the penalty wouldn't affect his relationship with them, but he talked around whether he agreed with it.

"Ask the players who made the decision," Noah said after sitting behind the Bulls' bench in street clothes for the second straight game. "Do I agree with it? That doesn't matter or make a difference. I respect my teammates and respect their opinions and stuff like that. They told me what I did was unacceptable. I just have to deal with it and move on."

Veterans Adrian Griffin and Ben Wallace called for the vote, which took place after Saturday's practice at Georgia Tech. Several players said Griffin, a quiet leader who served as a Bulls captain in the 2004-05 season, was particularly unhappy over the incident.

"We have a chance to salvage this season and we just need everybody on page," Griffin said. "We believe he's on page with us. It's one of those things that I believe will bring us closer. We just have to move on.

"Everybody on this team knows what Joakim can do. The players are supportive of each other and supportive of Joakim. We look forward to getting him back on the court."

Wallace has had several high-profile run-ins with coaches, including refusing to re-enter a game for Flip Saunders with the Pistons and last season's defiance of the Bulls' rule banning headbands. Yet Wallace said Noah's transgression crossed the line and demanded teammates' action because it became personal.

"I understand frustrations with coaches," Wallace said. "But you can never take it to that level where you overstep the coach-player relationship and talk to a grown man like that. I might not like you as a coach, but I have to respect you as a man.

"We have to be responsible for each other. We're together all the time. We feel we're becoming a close-knit group and a family-type atmosphere. It's up to us to hold everybody accountable for his own actions."

Noah's actions include habitual tardiness, for which he has been fined. Boylan acknowledged that the players' decision addressed a host of transgressions.

"This has been building during the course of the season because Joe has had some situations where he's been late or not doing what the Chicago Bulls do," Boylan said. "I think the cumulative aspect of this is definitely part of the reasoning for the players doing what they did.

"Joakim is a great kid. He really is. He's got a good heart and wants to help his team. He just needs to realize that this isn't college anymore. He needs to follow the rules that are set down for everyone.

"I think the veteran players, by doing what they've done, are going to help him see that. He'll make the proper adjustments because in his heart he wants to help the team. This is a good lesson for him."

When general manager John Paxson drafted Noah out of Florida in June, Paxson talked about Noah's gregarious nature and over-the-top personality injecting life into a serious, often staid team. Paxson even predicted Noah occasionally would cross the line with outlandish comments.

Earlier this season, former coach Scott Skiles said the rookie should "keep his mouth shut" on team matters. Skiles was joking, but the incident clearly affected Noah.

The question is whether Noah's third public admonishment will affect that personality.

"I don't think he's going to lose his personality," Boylan said. "In the moment, he's a little more subdued, his emotions are a little raw. I had a discussion with him about it and said if I was in his position, I would feel that way also.

"This isn't college anymore. It's the NBA, it's pro sports. You're dealing with more mature, older people. It's an adjustment period for him. The team has sent a message to him, and I think he's smart enough to know what he needs to do without losing the part of what we like about him, and that's his zest for life and his enthusiasm."

Adams declined to comment. It didn't matter. The players spoke volumes for him.

"We appreciate the way Joakim has handled it," Wallace said. "He's said he would sit out and learn from his mistakes. That's all we ask of him, just learn from what he did and know it wasn't right. He's going to bounce back because we need him out there on the floor."

kcjohnson@tribune.com

Copyright © 2008, The Chicago Tribune

I hate this freaking team.

+Quote Post
ChitownMan
post Jan 14 2008, 10:16 AM
Post #11

Rookie

Member No.: 245

This team is slowly but surely becoming the laughing stock of the NBA. Fire Skiles which I did not mind however, not bringing in a real coach is continuing to hurt us. Pax needs to get off his ass and make some personnel changes and fast. Too many chiefs and not enough engines for this team. I think Noah is a good player who has emotion and shows it and the rest of this team is just lolly gaging it and being Jakkers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something needs to be done and soon. At this point as Jim Mora Senior would say, "Playoffs? Playoffs? We're not ready nor good enough with this team. Playoffs?"

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jan 14 2008, 10:40 AM
Post #12

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (ChitownMan @ Jan 14 2008, 10:25 AM) *
This team is slowly but surely becoming the laughing stock of the NBA.

It's getting bad, but it'll never be the Knicks.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 14 2008, 10:50 AM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

So, now who have we heard about more work ethic issues with, Tyrus or Noah?

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jan 14 2008, 12:30 PM
Post #14

6th Man

Member No.: 61

Maybe they could suspend Hinrich or Gordon for not showing up most of the time this year. Man this team went downhill fast. I honestly wouldn't be upset if Wallace, Deng, Gordon and Hinrich were all gone tomorrow in some trade scenerios (and not like one for Chandler where he was just GIVEN away).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 14 2008, 12:33 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jan 14 2008, 10:39 AM) *
Maybe they could suspend Hinrich or Gordon for not showing up most of the time this year. Man this team went downhill fast. I honestly wouldn't be upset if Wallace, Deng, Gordon and Hinrich were all gone tomorrow in some trade scenerios (and not like one for Chandler where he was just GIVEN away).

Unfortunately...no one is giving you anything of value for these guys right now, so if you want them gone, they're going to have to be given away.

Hinrich: Still a BYC person, having a poor season, large contract, and now back spasms.
Deng: Banged up, not having the season we hoped for from him, and an RFA at the end of this year.
Gordon: Having a really, really poor season, RFA at the end of this year, clearly wants a bigger contract than his performance has earned.
Wallace: Yeah, we're calling him the LVP in the NBA at this page. Swap him for Kobe!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:38 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home