IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Will Bulls acquire a Low post scorer, Remember when Pax said he wasnt done???
The Dude Abides
post Nov 4 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

Pax did an amazing job this offseason. However, we still dont have a low post scorer. Sometimes, like against the Kings when we aren't shooting the ball well having a back to the basket guy would be key. It slows the game down, wears down defenders and allows the bulls to get higher percentage looks.

Gordon is streaky and has been invisible this pre season. I have been completely against trading him, but if this keeps up a low post scorer would bring more value than an undersized streaky SG. Don't get me wrong, I love 7. When he's on, he's rediculous. But, it seems that he's off more than on. Gordon's value is pretty high right now....we could definitely get a quality big man in return. Considering Pax has jedi powers, I'm sure he could fleece another team for a tall SG as well in the trade....

Deng looks to be the go to guy, Then Kirk/Noch are number 2....we could use a post up scorer as our 3rd option...

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the Knicks dont make the playoffs and end up winning the lottery....
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 5 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Im pretty sure he knew this coming into this season. I guess he is hoping that PJ and Luol Deng will help solidify that.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 6 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

If it were that easy, he would have done it two years ago. The problem is Eddy Curry decided he valued money more than his potential health. Other than that any deals that Pax looks to make, have to make sure that the salary cap implications of any deal he makes, because they could lose guys like Deng, Gordon, and Noc if they add too much salary in the wrong place.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Nov 6 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 214

I dont follow basketball as much as some other sports. Do we get the Knicks pick this year too?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Nov 6 2006, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 6 2006, 06:52 PM) *
I dont follow basketball as much as some other sports. Do we get the Knicks pick this year too?

Jes.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Nov 6 2006, 09:29 PM
Post #6

12th Man

Member No.: 74

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 6 2006, 07:52 PM) *

And there's a legitimate chance the Bulls could land Oden. The Knicks are every bit as bad as they were last year. If not for a few missed ft's by the Grizzlies the other night, the Knicks would be 0-4. They're just really, really bad.

Sidenote: How 'bout that Jamal Crawford? LMAO! Dude is shooting like 19% from the field so far this season.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 7 2006, 08:30 AM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 6 2006, 06:52 PM) *

Technically we have the right to swap picks with the Knicks, which obviously will only be done if we finish with a better record than they do.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Nov 7 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 214

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 7 2006, 08:23 AM) *
Technically we have the right to swap picks with the Knicks, which obviously will only be done if we finish with a better record than they do.

Thats quite a stretch

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Nov 7 2006, 07:31 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Nov 5 2006, 07:02 PM) *
Im pretty sure he knew this coming into this season. I guess he is hoping that PJ and Luol Deng will help solidify that.

I think Pax is pretty much banking on getting another big next year (whether its in the draft or us trading our pick for one) with the hopes that the team can somehow find a way to get hot in the playoffs or match up against the right teams and maybe get a little lucky (they have the talent to do so).

Ultimately, while the end goal is always a championship, a more realistic goal is for the team to continue to gel and get a playoff series win or two before bowing out due to a lack of low post presence (unless we really gel and rock). Than next year he'll find a way to get that extra part (knowing that we are just one part away I think he may even get JR to dig deep down and shell out a little extra cash if needed).

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Nov 10 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #10

Bench

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 6 2006, 07:58 PM) *
Jes.

Is that like the ultimate yes?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Nov 10 2006, 09:05 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 23

So, after a few games it doesn't hurt to start to speculate...what can a combination of Duhon + Gordon + draft picks (2nd round or the knicks pick) bring us?

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Nov 10 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Nov 10 2006, 08:58 PM) *
So, after a few games it doesn't hurt to start to speculate...what can a combination of Duhon + Gordon + draft picks (2nd round or the knicks pick) bring us?

I wanna keep the knicks pick thingie. The idea of possibly having Greg Oden on this team makes me tingly.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Nov 11 2006, 03:45 PM
Post #13

12th Man

QUOTE (BearSox @ Nov 10 2006, 09:10 PM) *
I wanna keep the knicks pick thingie. The idea of possibly having Greg Oden on this team makes me tingly.

This upcoming draft will be EASILY the best and deepest since the Lebron/Wade/Melo draft. Even if we don't land Oden (I pray to god every night that we do), there will be plenty of IMPACT players, in particular big men. No way I'd trade the pick unless it's part of a mega-deal involving somebody with the initials K.G..

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Nov 11 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #14

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 7 2006, 08:23 AM) *

if the knicks don't finish in the lottery, then I think another team gets there pick.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Nov 11 2006, 04:06 PM
Post #15

12th Man

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Nov 11 2006, 03:51 PM) *
if the knicks don't finish in the lottery, then I think another team gets there pick.

Wrong. It doesn't matter if they don't finish in the lottery (they will). We have the right to swap picks with them. Although it would be pretty pointless if they didn't finish in the lottery.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, I'm not even sure. Like I said, though, it would be basically worthless to swap picks if the Knicks didn't finish in the lottery. This draft is deep, but not that deep.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:45 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home