> Boylan Named Interim Head Coach
DutheDoduhon21
post Dec 27 2007, 02:31 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

DEERFIELD, Ill. (AP) -- Jim Boylan was promoted Thursday to interim head coach of the Chicago Bulls, who fired Scott Skiles on Monday after the team's disappointing start.

Boylan was in his fourth season as an assistant under Skiles and has 14 years experience in the NBA but none as a head coach at the pro level.

"Jim has paid his dues as an assistant coach and has his own ideas on the way he wants us to play," Bulls general manager John Paxson said in a statement.

Assistant coach Pete Myers was in charge of the team during Wednesday night's 94-79 loss at San Antonio that dropped the Bulls' record to 9-17.

The 52-year-old Boylan also has been an assistant in Cleveland under Mike Fratello (1993-97), Vancouver under Brian Hill (1997-2000), Phoenix under Skiles (2000-01) and Atlanta under Terry Stotts (2003-04).

He also coached in the Continental Basketball Association and in college, including stops at Michigan State as an assistant under Jud Heathcote (1986-89) and as head coach at New Hampshire (1989-92).

As a player, Boylan helped lead Marquette to the 1977 NCAA Championship. He was later drafted by the Buffalo Braves in the fourth round of the 1979 NBA draft.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 27 2007, 02:49 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

So, what kind of job do people think he needs to do to earn a shot at staying on next year? Playoff birth? .500 ball the rest of the way? 2nd round?

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 27 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Like I said before, he better not look like Skiles or Meyers or we'll have the same results. I hope he does well, for his sake.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Dec 27 2007, 03:14 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 61

He's earned it I guess. Really not much choice when you think about it.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 30 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Well its confirmed, Boylan is just as scared of Wallace as Skiles was. 20 minutes so far in the New York game and he's gotten a whomping 1 REBOUND!!!! Play him more, god forbid put in Tyrus Thomas.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Dec 30 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i think boylan has done everything right so far, but he needs to get tyrus in the rotation.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 30 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Boylan has been good if Tyrus Thomas didn't exist..

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 30 2007, 09:07 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 30 2007, 01:25 PM) *
Well its confirmed, Boylan is just as scared of Wallace as Skiles was. 20 minutes so far in the New York game and he's gotten a whomping 1 REBOUND!!!! Play him more, god forbid put in Tyrus Thomas.

I'll take 6 points, 10 boards (5 offensive, which is huge), 2 steals from Ben just about every game. Randolph shot 8-23, Curry 2-9, Balkman 0-4...what more do you want?

Seems to me that your posts are consistent with 2 things:

1.) A praising of Tyrus or a call for more PT for Tyrus.
2.) A ripping of Wallace/Hinrich unless they have All-Star type games, and when they do play well, you say little.

Interesting. You look at things at to much of an individual perspective. Tyrus didn't play, Wallace was spiffy, Kirk underperformed, etc. Last I checked, basketball was a team sport.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 31 2007, 12:08 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 30 2007, 09:16 PM) *
I'll take 6 points, 10 boards (5 offensive, which is huge), 2 steals from Ben just about every game. Randolph shot 8-23, Curry 2-9, Balkman 0-4...what more do you want?

Seems to me that your posts are consistent with 2 things:

1.) A praising of Tyrus or a call for more PT for Tyrus.
2.) A ripping of Wallace/Hinrich unless they have All-Star type games, and when they do play well, you say little.

Interesting. You look at things at to much of an individual perspective. Tyrus didn't play, Wallace was spiffy, Kirk underperformed, etc. Last I checked, basketball was a team sport.

O really? Well I haven't really ever ripped into Hinrich all that much. I was one of his supporters in the early part of the year where he was struggling. It seems now that he's playing a dual PG role with Duhon his play has picked up, but lets see some consistency. And btw, Wallace didn't really play well either. Tyrus gets more rebounds per minute than Big Ben and he doesn't play. The only reason you are saying these things are because your so anti-Tyrus. Generally when someone doesn't like another they always look for the "worst" things to say about them and kind of shrug off the things that are good. I get you don't like him and everyone knows I do so let it be man, let it be..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:23 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home