IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> is there even an excuse for deng at this point?
Sanitarium
post Dec 19 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

two years ago he was on the verge of being an all-star. at the start of last year he was the trendy pick for breakout player of the year. what the hell happened? i thought players were supposed to come out of slumps. BG is at least worthy of the "streaky" label... but this is ridiculous. he's regressed over the past year+ in basically every category.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 19 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

He is sooooo bad. He barely did anything against Boston's scrubs. He had a little hot streak in the middle but was piss poor all around. My frustration with him has built up to the point where I wouldn't even start him anymore and couldn't care less if he got injured and missed a couple weeks.. Its not like it would matter, Thabo comes in tonight and plays his ass off and was more valuable in the game playing SF than Deng was. It's beyond waiting it out now for me, I want to see someone else get a chance. Were in a very bad situation. There isn't a team right now that would want this guy for 71 million dollars.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 19 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

He has come out of the slump if you'd look at the stats. He got off to a nasty start that hurts his averages, but he's been slowly creeping up to his normal territory. Hell, he put up 19-7 tonight against the best defensive team in the league (not that it mattered). Yes, he's gone through some rough patches, but so has everyone else on the team. It does look like we all overestimated his upside a few years ago, and we gave him more than he's worth, but he's still a guy that's capable of regularly scoring in the high-teens while shooting a fairly good percentage from the floor. Our frontcourt deserves an awful lot more disdain.

+Quote Post
D. Rose
post Dec 23 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #4

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 1,936

I hope when Drew comes back they start Noc over Deng.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 23 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Basically, there are two options the Bulls have.

1) Change the offense

Or

2) Move Deng

That's really it. Do you want a non 3pt shooting SF for your future with Derrick Rose? I don't.

+Quote Post
D. Rose
post Dec 23 2008, 09:46 PM
Post #6

10 Day Contract

I hear ya. What happend to his talent? What happened to his dead on jump shot? Is this mental or is this still from his injuries last season? I am just baffled.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 23 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #7

Superstar

QUOTE (D. Rose @ Dec 23 2008, 09:46 PM) *
I hear ya. What happend to his talent? What happened to his dead on jump shot? Is this mental or is this still from his injuries last season? I am just baffled.

Well I don't see how Deng will ever be effective in this offense. He's not good on the perimeter and that's where he catches the ball all the time. If you change the offense to where he comes off cuts to the basket he can be effective though he is not converting inside shots the way he used to so who knows? I'm just sick of him right now.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Dec 24 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 61

I never did see the "he's on the verge of super-stardom" BS that was being spewed. He's as good as he'll ever be...and that peaked about 2 years ago. Waste. Of. Money. IMO. Personally I'd deal him in a heartbeat.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 24 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #9

All-Star

I agree with CBF to an extent, the offense isn't doing him any favors. He's really at his best coming off pin-downs or curls kind of like Richard Hamilton, not floating around at the top of the key for catch-and-shot or drive opportunities. He's been playing better of late and his interior scoring is highly comparable to the last few years, but because he's not getting his preferred plays run virtually at all he's getting fewer attempts and more games where he doesn't do a whole lot. I wouldn't say he's a lost cause, but an an actual offense would help as opposed to just waiting around for Rose to drive or Gordon to jack up a jumper. They're probably better off keeping him than getting rid of him, no one is going to give you any kind of legit talent for him right now (and it'd be exceedingly difficult to move him because of BYC status anyways).

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 24 2008, 10:52 AM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 24 2008, 02:17 AM) *
I never did see the "he's on the verge of super-stardom" BS that was being spewed. He's as good as he'll ever be...and that peaked about 2 years ago. Waste. Of. Money. IMO. Personally I'd deal him in a heartbeat.

A lot of people overestimated the abilities of a lot of players after 2006-2007 (myself included). It's amazing how much worse they're playing with a lot of the same pieces only 2 years later.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 24 2008, 08:52 AM) *
A lot of people overestimated the abilities of a lot of players after 2006-2007 (myself included). It's amazing how much worse they're playing with a lot of the same pieces only 2 years later.

That.

How does a guy get 2 years older, clearly a couple years before his "Prime age", and suddenly take such a huge step backwards? And you can add a ditto on that for a couple other guys (hinrich).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 24 2008, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Deng is playing the same minutes he was last year and all of his numbers are worst, and last year wasn't even a good year for him. John Paxson strikes again..

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Dec 24 2008, 01:47 PM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 781

and now gordon is starting to have a great year, what are the chances we keep him around :/

+Quote Post
D. Rose
post Dec 27 2008, 03:54 PM
Post #14

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Dec 24 2008, 11:30 AM) *
That.

How does a guy get 2 years older, clearly a couple years before his "Prime age", and suddenly take such a huge step backwards? And you can add a ditto on that for a couple other guys (hinrich).

You fellas think there is a possibility its coaching. Maybe some guys talents changed and their bodies changed and they needed to be coached different, If that is the case thats not an excuse cause they should be able to adjust themselves. Though I really dont think this is true but there needs to be some explanation, who hits there peak at 22? I will say one thing it does not look like it was all the contract talks for Deng though.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:34 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home