IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Which UFA should the Bulls sign?
Free Agents
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 15
Guests cannot vote 
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 1 2009, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Who ya got? Personally, I'd like to see them get Von Wafer as offensive insurance off the bench.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 1 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Whoever it is...it can't be more than a 1 year deal.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 1 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 781

von wafer.

the guy was absolutely explosive off the bench.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 1 2009, 10:02 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I've always liked Matt Barnes and I'd probably prefer to sign him but I'd be very happy with Wafer. Wafers and very good athlete. He showed really good improvement last year and finally shot a respectable % from the arc. He's a high risk/high reward type player b/c last year was his first meaninful contribution as a pro. He has a lot of upside but he could easily go back to being a bust or not playing any minutes (for whatever reason. Mental?).

I think Wafer will get a multiple year MLE offer or something close to that b/c he's so young and had a breakout year in the first year in which he got significant playing time so for that reason I think we should go another direction. Now if we think we can afford to sign him after we trade Kirk for a backup PG and expiring contract and still get Wade next year than I'm all for that. He could potentially prove to be a more natural SG next to Rose than Salmons will next year and we could use Salmons to backup both SG & SF.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 1 2009, 10:11 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

Why not add Allen Iverson to the list? Think the Bulls can convince him to sign for the MLE for 1 year? He'd be our scoring replacement off the bench for BG and could do much of the 2nd unit PG duties which would make Kirk expendable.

I'd love for the guy to get one last chance. I think in the right situation he could help a team win. He will have a chip on his shoulder and wouldn't it make for a headline if the Bulls got A.I. came to Chicago and BG went to Detroit? A.I. would want to prove that he's nowhere near done. Rose is obviously our PG of the future and if A.I. was the first player of the bench primarily in a scorers role he might be okay with it since the Bulls would be winning. I doubt the Bulls even think about signing him but I would be happy with it.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 1 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

the hometown guy anthony parker

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 1 2009, 10:31 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 1 2009, 11:11 PM) *
Why not add Allen Iverson to the list? Think the Bulls can convince him to sign for the MLE for 1 year? He'd be our scoring replacement off the bench for BG and could do much of the 2nd unit PG duties which would make Kirk expendable.

I'd love for the guy to get one last chance. I think in the right situation he could help a team win. He will have a chip on his shoulder and wouldn't it make for a headline if the Bulls got A.I. came to Chicago and BG went to Detroit? A.I. would want to prove that he's nowhere near done. Rose is obviously our PG of the future and if A.I. was the first player of the bench primarily in a scorers role he might be okay with it since the Bulls would be winning. I doubt the Bulls even think about signing him but I would be happy with it.

AI already said he'd retire before he came off the bench. I doubt his ego would allow him to take that little money as well.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 1 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 1 2009, 11:31 PM) *
AI already said he'd retire before he came off the bench. I doubt his ego would allow him to take that little money as well.

Your probably right. But we should approach him with the offer toward the middle of free agency if he's still available and serious about coming back. By then, other big names will have already have signed for small offers with solid teams and A.I. could decide he has something to prove and come to the Bulls.

With a healthy team and A.I.'s scoring off the bench or starting if we want to go that route we could be a very dangerous team come playoff time. Rose & A.I. slashing to the basket and getting to the line all day long would go a long way toward helping us advance in the playoffs. I know A.I. is older but I think he's still capable of taking over games in stretches which is what we most need now that BG is gone.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 2 2009, 10:02 AM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 1 2009, 09:11 PM) *

Even if the Bulls could get Iverson on a 1 year deal and Iverson was willing to come off the bench, frankly, I don't want him at all, and here's why: the kids.

Say what you want about the work ethic of Hinrich, Miller, whatever. How many times did we hear stories about the difference that the Billups/Iverson switch made for Carmelo Anthony and to some extent JR Smith in Denver? Not just on the court, but the kids were off following Iverson to his 2:00 a.m. parties on the nights before games. They looked up to him, he was the veteran, all star, almost a legend.

I don't want Rose, Thomas, and Noah around him, quite frankly.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 2 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #10

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

MATT BARNES

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jul 2 2009, 10:27 AM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 61

I'm goin' with the homer pick Luther Head.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 2 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

we desperatly(sp?) need a 3 pount shooter now that BG is gone. who knows if the bulls will even try to sign anyone.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 2 2009, 11:02 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 2 2009, 09:58 AM) *
we desperatly(sp?) need a 3 pount shooter now that BG is gone. who knows if the bulls will even try to sign anyone.

They have some space under the luxury tax still I believe, right? I have to think they'd use that with the MLE, but I have to think it would be a 1 year deal for anyone. If nothing else, if you sign someone to a 1 year deal, then when deadline time rolls around that's 1 more expiring contract you have that you can use to balance salaries in a trade.

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Jul 2 2009, 03:02 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 392

I would like Von Wafer please.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 2 2009, 03:14 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 2 2009, 02:02 PM) *
I would like Von Wafer please.

I think someone will offer him a multi-year deal.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:15 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home