Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How soon untill?
Powerhouse
post Jul 8 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #1

NBDL

Group: Members
Member No.: 206

Since Skiles is already impressed with Sefolosha. Do you think he will start? If not how long untill he does? This season? Next year? Couple years from now? Whats ur opinion?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
HoofHearted
post Jul 8 2006, 03:59 PM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 24

Right now he's got 4 guys ahead of him at both guard spots, and two very talented SG's to break through. I wouldnt take anything said about the rookie workouts too seriously, I'll reserve judgment until he plays against the real deal.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jul 8 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Powerhouse @ Jul 8 2006, 03:45 PM)
Since Skiles is already impressed with Sefolosha. Do you think he will start? If not how long untill he does? This season? Next year? Couple years from now? Whats ur opinion?

i think that he will start if kirk gets injered and then duhon will back him up at the point, but other then that it will take ben gordon leaving so one or two years.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jul 8 2006, 05:22 PM
Post #4

12th Man

Member No.: 117

Well, knowing one thing... Ben Gordon will still improve, and i have a feeling that because he now has some competion, he will be better, and hard to take off the court too. I think that he will keep on attacking the rim w/ more consistensy, because good things happen when a player keeps on attacking the rim. I think that if Ben Gordon isnt having that much impact in a game, and just setteling for jumpers, and not creating for others, Scott Skiles will look to the bench and give some1 else a try. IMO, Ben Gordon is a very competitive player, and wants to play a lot and start, not be known as a 6th man.

-Sefolosha wont be starting any time soon, unless Gordon gets traded.... Or the bulls are on a funk, and a shake up needs to happen, sending BG7 to come off the bench. ... but both seem unlikely at this point...

+Quote Post
Powerhouse
post Jul 8 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #5

NBDL

Member No.: 206

I cant wait to see him play in the summer league:D

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jul 8 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #6

Bench

Member No.: 66

I think at the soonest he will start half way into next season.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post Jul 8 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 27

How soon 'til Skiles and Big Ben go at it? ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
HITStheDAGGER
post Jul 8 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 195

Umm. Well I believe that this year will be a learning process for Thabo. I know he has alot of experince in Switserland (sp) but he still needs to play some in the U.S. were the real ballars are.

All in all I think he will get some quality minutes this year and will get more and more each years. (A starter in 2 years)

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jul 9 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #9

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

The only way that will ever happen if Skiles decides to try to prove to the world that he has all the power and decides to do something bold and unconventional. Don't expect it though, he can do that in other ways.

+Quote Post
BIGwalt
post Jul 9 2006, 03:57 AM
Post #10

NBDL

Member No.: 207

I agree that he wont start unless 1). Ben Gordon leaves, 2.) Skiles plays favorites or 3.) Ben agrees to become the next Vinnie "the Microwave" Johnson.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 9 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I don't know. But the way Skiles is hyping him up kind of reminds me of how he was "impressed" with Songaila. And it sure didn't take long for Skiles to put Songaila into the rotation in front of Tyson. Hopefully Thabo is better then Songaila because I see Skiles putting him in the starting lineup sooner rather than later.

+Quote Post
BIGwalt
post Jul 10 2006, 12:20 AM
Post #12

NBDL

Member No.: 207

That was because Songalia added more offensive to the starting unit that Chandler. Now if Thabo comes in and shoots well and plays great D at the 2, then Ben should be nervous.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 11 2006, 08:20 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

With the way that Scott messes with the line up, I have no doubts that if Thabo is even remotely ready, he will get some starts this year. As a matter of a fact, if his defense proves to be as good as advertised, I could see him getting a lot of 4th quarter time right off of the bat, shutting down a teams best scoring guard.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:02 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home