post Aug 12 2009, 09:05 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 203

ChicagoMag.com-
List Price: $1,699,000
Sale Price: $1,425,000
The Property: The Chicago native Dwyane Wade, a member of the NBA’s Miami Heat and the gold medal–winning 2008 U.S. Olympic basketball team, has bought a four-story riverfront townhouse in Kinzie Park.

Wade, whose unusual first-name was handed down from his father (it’s pronounced Dwayne), is a five-time member of the NBA’s All-Star Team. In 2006 he led the Heat to its first-ever NBA title and was named the MVP for the championship round. He played for Richards High School in Oak Lawn and Marquette University in Milwaukee, though he entered the 2003 NBA draft instead of finishing college.

Wade and his wife and high-school sweetheart, Siohvaughn Funches, have been locked in an acrimonious divorce fight since 2007. His mother, Jolinda Wade, is a former prison inmate who now has her own ministry, the Temple of Praise, in a building (at 12900 South Halsted Street) that her son bought for her.

The Kinzie Park townhouse is part of a development of former industrial parcels across the river from the East Bank Club that also includes high-rise condos. The townhouses have private yards fronting the river along a shared promenade. Wade bought a 3,900-square-foot unit with a two-car garage and a rooftop deck.

The property was on the market for almost a year, says the seller's agent, Harold Blum, and it sat vacant for a while. “But then we furnished it and we got two offers,” says Blum, who would not reveal whether Wade’s offer was the higher of the two. Wade closed on the sale in late June, but information on the deal only surfaced recently at the Cook County Recorder of Deeds. I could not reach Wade for comment.

Yes it's only logical since he's from here... but hey, need a good rumor every now and then.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Aug 12 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 781

I'll add to it i guess - there was a post on the bears forums a while ago about seeing Wade at Arena lanes in Oak Lawn.

so if he's spending his offseason here its only logical to assume that....

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Aug 12 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

This means nothing and I know you both know that. Of course he'd come home to hang out every now and then and it makes sense for him to have a house close to his family. Maybe he does not want a big house but I would think if he was planning on moving here he would have purchased something bigger than 4,000sq ft. But then again maybe he's not as flashy as some other stars. But from looking at his old house (below) it sure seems he is more flashy than what he just bought. W on the floor, a drawing of himself on the wall, pictures of himself, and flash in the pool with his number. That sure seems like he is pretty full of himself.

http://thehoopdoctors.com/online2/2008/12/...-some-pictures/

But then again, maybe he does like Chicago.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Aug 12 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

HE'S COMING TO THE BULLSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Aug 13 2009, 11:42 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 781

thats got to be the downright creepiest house ive ever seen

+Quote Post
nitetrain8601
post Aug 27 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #6

12th Man

Member No.: 25

He just loves the city actually. He spends about 90% of his free time here. I always see him in Oak Lawn at the TGIF or at Arena Lanes, and if he's not there, he's building homes in Robbins, or he's hanging out in downtown. He's a Chicagoan who just absolutely loves the city.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 02:37 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home