Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is Lebron holding out for Chicago
eddog2
post Jul 6 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

I had been thinking this all along but I finally heard someone else talk about it on the radio.

Maybe Lebron hasn't signed his extension and won't because he wants to go to a bigger city where he can maximize his advertising. A caller called in and said that reportedly Lebron's nike contract pays him twice as much if he lands in a city like New York or L.A. and three times as much if he lands in Chicago (the house that Michael built). I could definately see that being the case. Anyway the kid really doesn't need to sign a deal just to have a max contract in Cleveland. Lebron is already rich.

So he might make history and be the first player to reject a max extension. I have a tough time believing the Cavs would trade him (that would be about as bad as trading away Babe Ruth) but if he goes into his last year with no extension and the team knows he is leaving they would have no choice but to trade him and get something in return.

Paxon has something else big up his sleeve and that is why he didn't take the Troy Murphy, Pietrus deal from Golden State. He wants to use that $8+ million expiring P.J. Brown contract for something. That something might be Lebron or it might not. If it is then you can simply hand us the title when it happens because Lebron ascends to Jordan stature and maybe even better by bringing six titles in a row. Hopefully he isn't planning on paying Hinrich $10 million next season because Hinrich isn't worth that much. (Yes I said it).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 6 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 11:37 PM)
I had been thinking this all along but I finally heard someone else talk about it on the radio.

Maybe Lebron hasn't signed his extension and won't because he wants to go to a bigger city where he can maximize his advertising. A caller called in and said that reportedly Lebron's nike contract pays him twice as much if he lands in a city like New York or L.A. and three times as much if he lands in Chicago (the house that Michael built). I could definately see that being the case. Anyway the kid really doesn't need to sign a deal just to have a max contract in Cleveland. Lebron is already rich.

So he might make history and be the first player to reject a max extension. I have a tough time believing the Cavs would trade him (that would be about as bad as trading away Babe Ruth) but if he goes into his last year with no extension and the team knows he is leaving they would have no choice but to trade him and get something in return.

Paxon has something else big up his sleeve and that is why he didn't take the Troy Murphy, Pietrus deal from Golden State. He wants to use that $8+ million expiring P.J. Brown contract for something. That something might be Lebron or it might not. If it is then you can simply hand us the title when it happens because Lebron ascends to Jordan stature and maybe even better by bringing six titles in a row. Hopefully he isn't planning on paying Hinrich $10 million next season because Hinrich isn't worth that much. (Yes I said it).

No.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 6 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 65

LeBron will be an all time great, but he's not the next MJ, no one is. His game has many similarities, but they are also very different.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 6 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I really see this as wishful thinking, and a bunch of people speculating because there's nothing else to talk about. It just doesn't make that much sense. He's going to make a ton of money and be in a ton of commercials no matter where he goes.

I really don't think he'd switch teams just for endorsements. If he does it, it'd be because Cleveland sucks and they aren't going anywhere. There's definitely no way he goes to New York with the mess that team is in, and I can't see him playing with Kobe.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 6 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6 2006, 10:45 PM)
I really see this as wishful thinking, and a bunch of people speculating because there's nothing else to talk about. It just doesn't make that much sense. He's going to make a ton of money and be in a ton of commercials no matter where he goes.

I really don't think he'd switch teams just for endorsements. If he does it, it'd be because Cleveland sucks and they aren't going anywhere. There's definitely no way he goes to New York with the mess that team is in, and I can't see him playing with Kobe.

My point exactly. What has Cleveland done to get better? I think Lebron wants to be a winner and he may understand that Cleveland is the wrong situation for him. Out of the teams you listed Chicago has the pieces to win now and in the future. They have tons of young talent. He wouldn't have to wait years to win a championship and he would make more money with all the extra advertising he get. MJ made more and continues to make more through advertising then he ever did as a player and the same will be the case for Lebron.

Winning championships means making more money and being happier. If I am Lebron I do whatever I can to get out of Cleveland. The team his is set up around isn't getting any younger or any better. They don't have the salary cap room after the signings of Hughes and Ilguaskas and Gooden. You can't tell me that you really think he will win it all with those players.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 6 2006, 11:01 PM
Post #6

All-Star

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 6 2006, 10:51 PM)
My point exactly.  What has Cleveland done to get better?  I think Lebron wants to be a winner and he may understand that Cleveland is the wrong situation for him.  Out of the teams you listed Chicago has the pieces to win now and in the future.  They have tons of young talent.  He wouldn't have to wait years to win a championship and he would make more money with all the extra advertising he get.  MJ made more and continues to make more through advertising then he ever did as a player and the same will be the case for Lebron.

Winning championships means making more money and being happier.  If I am Lebron I do whatever I can to get out of Cleveland.  The team his is set up around isn't getting any younger or any better.  They don't have the salary cap room after the signings of Hughes and Ilguaskas and Gooden.  You can't tell me that you really think he will win it all with those players.

That's still taking a massive leap based on him not "agreeing" to sign an extension several days before he can even do it.

Plus we'd probably be giving up an awful lot of our players to get him in a sign and trade.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 6 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6 2006, 10:54 PM)
That's still taking a massive leap based on him not "agreeing" to sign an extension several days before he can even do it.

Plus we'd probably be giving up an awful lot of our players to get him in a sign and trade.

Hasnt Bosh, Wade and Melo already verbally agreed to max extensions?

if lebron doesnt sign his extension...I would say that chicago is a possibility, We would have to give up a lot of guys in a sign and trade...
Lebron plays SF...so I think we could put a packag together. Remember, if lebron wants to leave, cleveland would be screwed, so I am sure they would take less than fair market value.

+Quote Post
7th in '07
post Jul 6 2006, 11:04 PM
Post #8

Rookie

Member No.: 197

I think we are forgetting the Clippers.

+Quote Post
Cute Little Bull...
post Jul 6 2006, 11:05 PM
Post #9

Rookie

Member No.: 86

I think people have run out of things to talk about....
So we have Ben Wallace, Lebron James, and Kevin Garnett....damn who is next Dwade?

If Lebron wants to come here for his Nike contract, i say a big f-you...im not falling for that witness crap.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 6 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 6 2006, 10:57 PM)
Hasnt Bosh, Wade and Melo already verbally agreed to max extensions?

if lebron doesnt sign his extension...I would say that chicago is a possibility, We would have to give up a lot of guys in a sign and trade...
Lebron plays SF...so I think we could put a packag together. Remember, if lebron wants to leave, cleveland would be screwed, so I am sure they would take less than fair market value.

They have, but they can't sign it yet, so I don't really see the point.

It's possible, but it's a long way off. They still have an entire year to potentially work something out.

I'd still imagine it'd take two or three pretty solid pieces off our roster, they're not going to just give him away.

Another question: Will this even work financially? We'd need an awful lot of cap space to pull it off, and Wallace isn't going anywhere.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 6 2006, 11:11 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Cute Little Bulls Fan @ Jul 6 2006, 11:58 PM)
So we have Ben Wallace, Lebron James, and Kevin Garnett....damn who is next Dwade?

If Lebron wants to come here for his Nike contract, i say a big f-you...im not falling for that witness crap.

What? You didn't know? The Bulls 2007 lineup:

PG: Either Chauncey Billups or Mike Bibby
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Ben Wallace

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 6 2006, 11:15 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (Cute Little Bulls Fan @ Jul 6 2006, 10:58 PM)

Did you say D-Wayde. Where did you get the source from. That is awesome.

No I am just kidding. But I really do think Lebron is unhappy with Cleveland and what they have built around him. If he decides to leave what makes more sense then Chicago. Someone says the Clippers but I think Chicago with all the Jordan comparisons would be better for Lebron. The Bulls also have younger cheaper talent and more attractive picks to deal if push comes to shove.

As for Lebron playing SF who cares. I love Deng but him going in a trade for Lebron is fine by me.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 6 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Lebron could also run the point like Pippen and Jordan used to do. So we really wouln't need a great guard like Hinrich anymore.

+Quote Post
BuLLzDoMaIn
post Jul 7 2006, 12:56 AM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 105

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 6 2006, 11:04 PM)
What? You didn't know? The Bulls 2007 lineup:

PG: Either Chauncey Billups or Mike Bibby
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Lebron James
PF: Kevin Garnett
C:  Ben Wallace

Come on lets be real and grow up people eddog2 is maken great post and saying everything rite. and yet you guys are haven jokes...

Kg WILL NOT come to the bulls. And if we did a sign and trade with the Cavs Be sure players such as

Duhon
Deng
Noc
Pj
Thomas...

A combo of 3 of them will be in it. or

Deng Duhon KNICKS 1st rounder.

Onei wouldnt mind trading the knicks 1st rounder 4 james.. Even if we could of gotten Oden.

A team of

kirk
ben
james
thomas
wallace
is great.

IF lebron doesnt take that contract you will see him in Chicago or NJ. yes i said Nj..

Lebron has said he wouldnt mind playing for Jay-Z And jay-z could give him millions under the table.. so watch out for the nets goin after lebron

EDIT: I just wanna point out eddog2 i posted this topic on realgm. I wanna see what they have to say being theres people here who are taken this as a joke. I wanna see other sides of this and what others think.

+Quote Post
Giant Killer
post Jul 7 2006, 01:33 AM
Post #15

Rookie

Member No.: 110

I beleive he'll sign with the Cavs. He can't sign til the 12th so just becuase he hasn't announced anything yet shouldn't be looked into to much.

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 02:50 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home