Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The end of a great season
ChitownMan
post May 17 2007, 09:11 PM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 245

Now that the season have come to an end, what do we do for next year. Does P.J. Brown get resigned? Will Pax get someone that even the commentators were talking about, a post player who is able to score and play with his back to the hole? There are a lot of questions that still need to be answered however, I am glad that we were not just one and done in the playoffs this year. At least beating Miami proved that we improved a little. Now we need for Pax and company to figure out how to get over the top. What do you all think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 17 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

This was really a bad loss tonight. If we shoot better, this would have been a blowout victory. A tale of 2 halves for sure. Piss poor shooting from 3 and from the FT line.

No one really deserves any credit except for PJ's 1st half. The man wanted to win, and it's a damn shame he couldn't get on the floor in the 2nd half. Kirk did a great job passing and penetrating, but his shooting was way off. I would have liked to see him go to the bucket and try tos score a bit more, but you can't really complain about anything he did, except shooting. Gordon continues to prove that he is the most inconsistent player alive. He scored 19 but he never really got aggressive. I was begging for him to take over in the 2nd half but he never did. And that turnover with about 30 seconds left is what ended it.

Deng was quiet, but still had 17 and shot 50%. He just didn't get the ball much and he had a spiff-load of no-calls. Ben battled his injuries and played OK, but he just couldn't stay on the court. You can really see it was bothering him. He didn't have that power and explosiveness on the boards.

As far as Tyrus, ugh. He pissed me off so much. Silly, stupid, idiotic turnovers. There was no energy there. He had the block, but it was a foul. One of the only good calls tonight.

Speaking of calls, the officiating was unbelievably terrible. Rasheed probably could have had about 4 or 5 technicals tonight, but the ref's didn't want the crowd to get into it. So many no-calls on our end, while Billups gets breathed on and it's a foul.

And why in the fish could we not stop Tayshaun Prince? Jeez, he could have dropped 100 on us had they went to him all game.

Bad shooting is what lost us the game. They had nothing in the 2nd half. Detroit didn't even play that well. The only positive I can take out of this game is the learning experience the team went through. I am very proud of this team. They are still relatively young, and they can only grow and improve. To take it to Game 6 with the way they played in game 1-3 was encouraging to see. Go get em next year boys.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 17 2007, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 17 2007, 10:14 PM) *
This was really a bad loss tonight. If we shoot better, this would have been a blowout victory. A tale of 2 halves for sure. Piss poor shooting from 3 and from the FT line.

No one really deserves any credit except for PJ's 1st half. The man wanted to win, and it's a damn shame he couldn't get on the floor in the 2nd half. Kirk did a great job passing and penetrating, but his shooting was way off. I would have liked to see him go to the bucket and try tos score a bit more, but you can't really complain about anything he did, except shooting. Gordon continues to prove that he is the most inconsistent player alive. He scored 19 but he never really got aggressive. I was begging for him to take over in the 2nd half but he never did. And that turnover with about 30 seconds left is what ended it.

As far as Tyrus, ugh. He pissed me off so much. Silly, stupid, idiotic turnovers. There was no energy there. He had the block, but it was a foul. One of the only good calls tonight.

Speaking of calls, the officiating was unbelievably terrible. Rasheed probably could have had about 4 or 5 technicals tonight, but the ref's didn't want the crowd to get into it. So many no-calls on our end, while Billups gets breathed on and it's a foul.

And why in the fish could we not stop Tayshaun Prince? Jeez, he could have dropped 100 on us had they went to him all game.

Bad shooting is what lost us the game. They had nothing in the 2nd half. Detroit didn't even play that well. The only positive I can take out of this game is the learning experience the team went through. I am very proud of this team. They are still relatively young, and they can only grow and improve. To take it to Game 6 with the way they played in game 1-3 was encouraging to see. Go get em next year boys.

Kirk played piss poor in the second half. I agree that his shot was off all game but in the first half he played great even though he couldn't hit his shot. However, in the second half he was horrible. He came out thinking he was Kobe or something. He didn't drive to the basket. He didn't create easy shots for people like he did in the first half. He had 4 fouls including the horrible foul on Billups for 3.

As for Gordon, yeah he didn't dominate the game but he was the only one getting doubled. And it wasn't his turnover that ended the game it was that dumb ass pass by Tyrus in the corner that ended the game.

I agree that nobody really deserves credit b/c nobody had a super game. PJ was dominating and bad coaching led to him not being effective in the 2nd half. By bad coaching I mean Skiles not putting him in the game. No much you can do from the bench.

Bad shooting is definately what lost us the game. Detroit played very good and we still were in it the entire game. All we had to do what shoot a decent percent from the arc and the field and we would have won easily.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post May 17 2007, 09:30 PM
Post #4

Bench

Member No.: 14

This series exposed the Bulls true weakness. No low post threat. You cannot rely on all jump shooters. If PJ Brown does not score 20 in the first half, this is a blowout loss. Wallace could not hit free throws, and there were too many costly turnovers late in the game. I understand Wallace is a bad FT shooter, but come on. I don't play basketball and I can go up to a FT line cold and easily hit 50%. Why can't he practice and get some type of routine?

Either way, Detroit was the better team.

That will change next year as they will really start to get old. This is probably their last run. I see the Bulls and Cavs taking over the East next year.

Still a great season by a very young team that is growing. Hard to complain at losing 4-2 in the 2nd round, especially coming back from 0-3.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 18 2007, 07:50 AM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I am glad the Bulls rallied to win two games in this series, and made the Pistons work hard to win the last one. The Bulls made a lot of progress this season, dispite having zero low post presence. They are literally one player away, and that is really exciting. I can't wait for the draft.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 18 2007, 08:10 AM
Post #6

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I wouldn't say a great season, id say a good season.

Hopefully next season is even better!

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 18 2007, 10:43 AM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 17 2007, 10:14 PM) *

Deng was quiet, but still had 17 and shot 50%. He just didn't get the ball much and he had a spiff-load of no-calls. Ben battled his injuries and played OK, but he just couldn't stay on the court. You can really see it was bothering him. He didn't have that power and explosiveness on the boards.

If you thought that was a foul on Tyrus you are dead wrong. Go back and look at the replay and you'll see it was all ball. I was watching the game with a few people at the hospital and they all thought it was a BS call. That foul was laughable, but whatever.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 18 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 18 2007, 11:36 AM) *
If you thought that was a foul on Tyrus you are dead wrong. Go back and look at the replay and you'll see it was all ball. I was watching the game with a few people at the hospital and they all thought it was a BS call. That foul was laughable, but whatever.

To SoxFan1 only Kirk doesn't commit fouls. Everyone else that gets called for a foul actually committed the foul.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post May 18 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 18 2007, 11:39 AM) *
To SoxFan1 only Kirk doesn't commit fouls. Everyone else that gets called for a foul actually committed the foul.

So I see that whole being the bigger man, dropping things, and showing respect to others lasted a long time...

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 18 2007, 06:59 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 18 2007, 11:36 AM) *

No, it was a foul. I did watch the replays. Linsey Hunter made a veteran play by slowing down and putting his left arm out to draw contact. Tyrus got him with the body, not hard, but it was definitely a foul.

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 18 2007, 11:39 AM) *

Of course. I'm sure Tyrus could play the same defense against the likes of Billups and Wade.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 19 2007, 12:47 AM
Post #11

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ May 18 2007, 12:28 PM) *
So I see that whole being the bigger man, dropping things, and showing respect to others lasted a long time...

Your right. It doesn't last when SoxFan1 still tries to show me up and continues to insist that Kirk played phenomenal when he stunk it up in the second half.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 18 2007, 07:52 PM) *
I'm sure Tyrus could play the same defense against the likes of Billups and Wade.

No but Sefolosha could. Anyway, that's not the point. You try and act like Tyrus brushing up against someone is a for sure foul but Billups doing the veteran thing by stepping back and drawing contract on Kirk is not a foul. What's the f-in difference? Oh, I know. One involved Kirk and one involved Tyrus. So obviously Tyrus committed a foul while Kirk gave away 3 points on a bad call.

Last I checked, Billups had 15 points in the second half and no turnovers for the game on Kirk's phenomenal defense. That aboy Kirk! Keep up the excellent work. Kirk should hit the weight room hard this offseason so that Billups doesn't bully him so badly next year.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 19 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

Billups = man

Kirk = boy

I was getting really tired of people just looking at the numbers... Kirk's assist total was up, didn't really matter. His shooting was woeful. We lost because of his multiple, missed, wide open shots.

I'm not that concerned, I'm glad we made Detroit work for it, and next year they are one year older (and hopefully sans Billups.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 19 2007, 07:55 PM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 19 2007, 01:40 AM) *
Your right. It doesn't last when SoxFan1 still tries to show me up and continues to insist that Kirk played phenomenal when he stunk it up in the second half.
No but Sefolosha could. Anyway, that's not the point. You try and act like Tyrus brushing up against someone is a for sure foul but Billups doing the veteran thing by stepping back and drawing contract on Kirk is not a foul. What's the f-in difference? Oh, I know. One involved Kirk and one involved Tyrus. So obviously Tyrus committed a foul while Kirk gave away 3 points on a bad call.

Last I checked, Billups had 15 points in the second half and no turnovers for the game on Kirk's phenomenal defense. That aboy Kirk! Keep up the excellent work. Kirk should hit the weight room hard this offseason so that Billups doesn't bully him so badly next year.

Dude. Wake up. Billups had 12 points on FT's in the 2nd half. About 6 of which were FT's in the last minute when the Bulls for fouling on purpose. freaking a.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post May 20 2007, 03:20 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 56

That was a foul on Tyrus assuming Im thinking of the right play. Was a clean block but he fouled him with the body. As for Kirk he played great defense on Billups, just he didnt show up offensively.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post May 20 2007, 07:07 PM
Post #15

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (eddog2 @ May 19 2007, 09:30 AM) *
Billups = man

Kirk = boy
I was getting really tired of people just looking at the numbers... Kirk's assist total was up, didn't really matter. His shooting was woeful. We lost because of his multiple, missed, wide open shots.

I'm not that concerned, I'm glad we made Detroit work for it, and next year they are one year older (and hopefully sans Billups.

I don't think I posted this. I'm pretty sure it was my buddy Steve.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:34 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home