IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rumor/Speculation: McGrady to the Bulls?
SoxFan1
post Dec 24 2007, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

McGrady worth a second look

Hinrich/McGrady/Deng/Noah/Gray? Yes please.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
scs787
post Dec 24 2007, 05:11 PM
Post #2

NBDL

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,244

"It's just speculation," Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. "You can't be giving away your best players."

That right there makes me think its not gonna happen. Sounds like its just magic johnson saying what the rockets should do.

I would love for it to happen though.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Dec 24 2007, 07:59 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 24 2007, 03:55 PM) *
Hinrich/McGrady/Deng/Noah/Gray? Yes please.

Yeah, seriously. Gordon, Wallace, and TT would be just fine with me.

Hinrich
T-Mac
Deng
Smith
Gray
with Noc, Noah, Duhon still available off the bench. That's a pretty damn good team right there.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Dec 24 2007, 08:12 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 61

All I had to do is click on the link and see Sam Smith. But hey...would probably work well for both teams IMO.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 24 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I would love McGrady to come here, he's my favorite superstar in the NBA!

a lineup with T-Mac and Tyrus is scary!

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 25 2007, 02:26 AM
Post #6

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 25 2007, 12:02 AM) *
a lineup with T-Mac and Tyrus is scary!

You've got to be kidding me. banghead.gif

+Quote Post
MB33
post Dec 25 2007, 08:23 AM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 477

Tmac gets injured too many times ill settle with a decent post player

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 25 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 43

Man, if we could do it for Gordon and Wallace sign me up now, it'd be worth it just to dump Big Ben's contract. Then factor in that you're adding a MUCH better SG than Gordon and that's a no-brainer. I gotta imagine they'd at least want Tyrus or Noah back as well though (or of course they wouldn't be out of their minds to ask for Deng).

Seems like there's pretty much no real validity to this though.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Dec 26 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I would spiff my pants if that happened. T-Mac is my favorite player ever not from the Bulls championship teams. T-Mac when healthly is the scoring of Gordon with the passing that is better than Kirk's. T-Mac to the Bulls makes them instant favorites to compete for the East Title again.

T-Mac's passing and demanding the double team would create a lot of open looks for Tyrus, Kirk, & Deng. Deng especially. I have been waiting for the days where the Bulls could get a star player. Then and only then can we see how good Deng is at what he is supposed to be, an elite 2nd option.

When Skiles got fired, the first thing that came to my mind was that changes were coming. Skiles has never been able to coach superstars and that's why I think we are going to be trying to get a superstar in some kind of trade. Whether it is Kobe, T-Mac, or any other superstar doesn't matter. But if I had to pick one I'd want T-Mac only b/c he is my favorite player. I truly think that he can be a winner. He's just been on teams that were always lacking something.

With that trade, the Bulls would be lacking down low, but Gray/Noah/Smith should be enough to service what the Bulls need. If we could somehow do the deal and not give up Nocioni, that would be even better.

I don't think T-Mac is the problem in Houston. I think it's Yao. He puts up great #'s but sucks. He doesn't win games for you. He's huge and although he gets blocks he's not a great defender. Anyway, with the Rockets struggling they may feel that they need to trade T-mac which would be great for the Bulls.

If it ever happened, I would be the first in line for a T-Mac jersey.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 26 2007, 11:20 AM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Dec 26 2007, 11:01 AM) *
I would spiff my pants if that happened. T-Mac is my favorite player ever not from the Bulls championship teams. T-Mac when healthly is the scoring of Gordon with the passing that is better than Kirk's. T-Mac to the Bulls makes them instant favorites to compete for the East Title again.

I don't think T-Mac is the problem in Houston. I think it's Yao. He puts up great #'s but sucks. He doesn't win games for you. He's huge and although he gets blocks he's not a great defender. Anyway, with the Rockets struggling they may feel that they need to trade T-mac which would be great for the Bulls.

You do make some good points, but I'll argue these a bit...

Let's assume that the deal is Gordon, Wallace, and Tyrus, since I just have a hard time believing they'd only do the first two. There are still some serious matchup problems there inside. KG would destroy us, and between Wallace/McDyess/Maxiell Detroit would likely do it to. Yeah, we'd probably be the 4th best team in the East with that lineup (Orlando is another terrible matchup with Howard), which is definite progress, but that interior problem still would hold us back from really being a threat.

Also, I certainly won't argue that Yao is quick enough to be a decent defensive player, but history suggests that T-Mac is just as big a problem. He's never made it out of the first round of the playoffs in his entire career. Granted he had to carry Orlando, but he's had several shots in Houston with a pretty capable big guy, and even Steve Francis managed to get to the playoffs with Yao as well before the big guy hit his prime. He's a volume shooter that hits at a pretty low percentage and has a habit of coasting a bit on D, those guys don't tend to have a whole lot of success in the post-season. Maybe on a team where he's the guy again and has a good complementary player like Deng to work with he can make it work, but that remains to be seen.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Dec 27 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #11

6th Man

I think I'd hold off on that one...plus...I seriously doubt any of these teams do anything that are in playoff contention. After the season...sure...Pax will explore all options with TMac being one. Having said that...and if you are exploring inseason trades...for as dumb as this might sound...I would keep the line of communications open with the Suns in regards to Amare Stoudemire (who really doesn't want to play center). The Suns just seem to have some chemistry problems right now...along with no inside defensive presence. If the Suns current slide continues...it's not out of the question they make a move either. They have a slight window IMO...and are an aging team. That my friends is the guy I hope Pax is targeting.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 27 2007, 03:48 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (Wanne @ Dec 27 2007, 03:21 PM) *
I think I'd hold off on that one...plus...I seriously doubt any of these teams do anything that are in playoff contention. After the season...sure...Pax will explore all options with TMac being one. Having said that...and if you are exploring inseason trades...for as dumb as this might sound...I would keep the line of communications open with the Suns in regards to Amare Stoudemire (who really doesn't want to play center). The Suns just seem to have some chemistry problems right now...along with no inside defensive presence. If the Suns current slide continues...it's not out of the question they make a move either. They have a slight window IMO...and are an aging team. That my friends is the guy I hope Pax is targeting.

They are FAR more likely to try to move Shawn Marion, as he's disgruntled and due for an extension. IF they were going to move Amare, which I doubt because of their need for size, you'd need to offer Deng, Wallace (salary filler) and Tyrus to even be in the conversation, and they'd still probably be looking to get something more like Jermaine O'Neal and Danny Granger or get someone like Kobe back. He's likely staying put though, since even if things go to spiff they can rebuild around Amare and Barbosa.

They'd also still be the #2 seed in the West right now, so that'd have to be a hell of a slide...

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Dec 27 2007, 05:05 PM
Post #13

6th Man

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 27 2007, 04:57 PM) *
They are FAR more likely to try to move Shawn Marion, as he's disgruntled and due for an extension. IF they were going to move Amare, which I doubt because of their need for size, you'd need to offer Deng, Wallace (salary filler) and Tyrus to even be in the conversation, and they'd still probably be looking to get something more like Jermaine O'Neal and Danny Granger or get someone like Kobe back. He's likely staying put though, since even if things go to spiff they can rebuild around Amare and Barbosa.

They'd also still be the #2 seed in the West right now, so that'd have to be a hell of a slide...

Actually I hear of more rumblings about being unhappy from Amare... I guess because I live out here I just hear more on the sports radio and local shows. Amare DOES NOT want to play center. If...and I know it's unlikely...if they made a move this season...MAYBE theyd take Wallace...but I doubt they would want him. If it's an offseason deal I'm sure they'd want Noah instead. From what I've heard it's not as far fetched as you might think that they put feelers out in the offseason to see what they could get.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 27 2007, 05:10 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I would give a boatload to get Amare on this team. Deng + Wallace + Tyrus + 1st round Pick + Sefolosha. If that trade ever went down you would think we will be rebuilding (around Amare).

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 27 2007, 07:58 PM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 27 2007, 06:19 PM) *
I would give a boatload to get Amare on this team. Deng + Wallace + Tyrus + 1st round Pick + Sefolosha. If that trade ever went down you would think we will be rebuilding (around Amare).

Thabo Sefolosha is nothing more than a throw-in/filler right now, he has literally no value. Stop trying to randomly throw him in deals. And Wallace is absolutely a terrible fit for the Suns, who are a transition team who depend on all their players having some offensive abilities. And right now, I don't do that deal for Amare. If you're going to trade for someone to build around, the 1st dumb thing you can do is trade 1st round picks. Put the pipe down.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:27 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home