IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll on ESPN, Who will win more games?
VenomSox
post Jul 17 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 26

Bulls or Pistons
Bulls 60%
Pistons 40%
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 17 2006, 05:15 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

DA BULLS, but I do think the Pistons are still going to be a potential title contender if all goes right for them.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 17 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 23

All that matters is which team gets to 4 first.

+Quote Post
Waffles
post Jul 17 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #4

Rookie

Member No.: 201

We completely crushed that poll nation wide. The only states that thought the Pistons would have a better record is Michigan and Alaska.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 17 2006, 06:49 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I personally think this will be pretty close. Detroit still has 4 All-star caliber players. Their defense will take a bit of a hit going from Wallace to Mohammed, but McDyess playing more will improve their offense. I think they have a better starting lineup, but the Bulls are definitely deeper.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2006, 06:52 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Waffles @ Jul 17 2006, 07:39 PM) *
We completely crushed that poll nation wide. The only states that thought the Pistons would have a better record is Michigan and Alaska.

Hey, don't diss Alaska. smile.gif

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jul 17 2006, 07:56 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17 2006, 06:08 PM) *
DA BULLS, but I do think the Pistons are still going to be a potential title contender if all goes right for them.

i think that they took a few steps back this year like the bulls did last year so i think that we are going to be alone in the central division by a least 10 game by the time it is all done. they did lose "the heart and the soul of the team".

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 17 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jul 17 2006, 08:49 PM) *
i think that they took a few steps back this year like the bulls did last year so i think that we are going to be alone in the central division by a least 10 game by the time it is all done. they did lose "the heart and the soul of the team".

I seriously doubt that it's that big a difference. We finished 23 games behind them last year. Ben Wallace alone doesn't make that big a difference. He's their only major loss, and I don't see our new role players making THAT big an impact on the standings. Even if Detroit loses 14 games off their record (which is quite a bit), we'd also have to improve by 10 to pass them, and another 9 games to get 10 games up.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 17 2006, 08:11 PM
Post #9

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

That is a tough call. I mean, the Bulls have improved tremendously, but the Pistons are still the Pistons minues one player (although an important one at that). They still have lots of talent 1-4 in Chauncey, RIP, Tayshaun, and the "other" Wallace. I think we have a much better bench, though, so that will help keep everyone fresh and allow us to not wear down by season's end.

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Jul 17 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 161

The Bulls will be better. Losing Ben Wallace was huge. People seem to really underrate him because he plays more defense then offense but wut some people seem to forget is that defense wins u games more than just playing offense. Ben Wallace was the heart and soul of the Detroit Pistons and now he is n Chicago.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 17 2006, 08:23 PM
Post #11

All-Star

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Jul 17 2006, 09:07 PM) *
The Bulls will be better. Losing Ben Wallace was huge. People seem to really underrate him because he plays more defense then offense but wut some people seem to forget is that defense wins u games more than just playing offense. Ben Wallace was the heart and soul of the Detroit Pistons and now he is n Chicago.

It's not like their other 4 starters are defensive liabilities, and Mohammed is pretty solid as well. Their D will suffer, but they're not suddenly going to drop to the middle of the pack. They'll still be better than average.

I think it'll be pretty close. Detroit clearly isn't going to win 64 games again, but I don't see them going under 50 either. That's roughly the same place I see the Bulls in. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Jul 17 2006, 09:43 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17 2006, 06:08 PM) *

Im flattered by your support, but I'm not on the poll.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 17 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ Jul 17 2006, 08:36 PM) *
Im flattered by your support, but I'm not on the poll.

So we have a wise guy ehhh fight.gif

cheers.gif Drinking.gif

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 17 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #14

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 17 2006, 10:49 PM) *
So we have a wise guy ehhh fight.gif

cheers.gif Drinking.gif

You know what we do with wise guys, right? Ship 'em to Siberia or Burbank. Whichever is determined to be worse... On one hand, you'll be alone and cold, very cold. On the other hand, you'd have to probably hang out with Jason. I don't know what would be worse. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Jul 18 2006, 12:47 AM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 22

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 17 2006, 08:16 PM) *
It's not like their other 4 starters are defensive liabilities, and Mohammed is pretty solid as well. Their D will suffer, but they're not suddenly going to drop to the middle of the pack. They'll still be better than average.

Yeah, Tayshaun is an elite perimiter defender, and Rasheed Wallace is a very respectable defensive presence in the post. Rip is a defensive liability, and Chauncey is mediocre at best, but those guys are major assets if we're talking conservative offense.

They have nice balance, but they are no longer a championship contender.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:59 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home