IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Poll on ESPN, Who will win more games?
Rowand44
post Jul 18 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #16

12th Man

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 55

Too close to call.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jul 18 2006, 07:14 AM
Post #17

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

I would vote for Detroit...

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jul 18 2006, 07:56 AM
Post #18

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

I agree that the bulls will win more games, but it's going to be close...You also have to throw cleveland into the mix. LeBron will be better and they will probably add some more help for him.

It's going to be a 3 horse race for the central, with the bulls finishing 1st and getting the 2nd seed in the east.

+Quote Post
Waffles
post Jul 18 2006, 09:54 AM
Post #19

Rookie

Member No.: 201

QUOTE (The Dude Abides @ Jul 18 2006, 07:49 AM) *
I agree that the bulls will win more games, but it's going to be close...You also have to throw cleveland into the mix. LeBron will be better and they will probably add some more help for him.

It's going to be a 3 horse race for the central, with the bulls finishing 1st and getting the 2nd seed in the east.

Help! They haven't brought in anybody yet, in a free agency pool that was already slim on talent. Why do you think Lebron went for the 3yrs w/4 yr option? It wasn't just for bigger bucks after labor agreements.

+Quote Post
RME JICO
post Jul 18 2006, 10:09 AM
Post #20

Bench

Member No.: 14

The Bulls will win over 50 and the Pistons will be a few games back.

Remember the Bulls won their last 6 regular season games, and 10 out of their last 12. They were also 15-24 on Jan 5th, and ended the season playing over .605 ball.

Now you add Big Ben and you are going to at least win 5 more games:

.605 = 50 games + Big Ben = 55 wins

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jul 18 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #21

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

Pistons still have an awesome starting 5, and they can and will beat any team in the league. But bc of our depth I think we are a better playoff team.

Central will shape up to be VERY VERY close. We could easily be anywhere from 1st to 3rd in division bc us, pistons and cavs are all 50-58 win teams, but I really think all three steams will win around 53-56 games, with the cavs being the only on of the three who even has a chance to win less than 50. It will be tight.

But of those three teams, we are BY FAR the best playoff team. We have depth and defense, and plenty of experience with PJ, BWall, and Griff all having played extensively in the playoffs and that will take us farther than any of these other teams, regardless of the regular season standings. The pistons only added depth is flip murray along with mcdyess and the cavs barely have 5 starters. Althought not in our division, the nets are also gonna to have somewhere around 50+ wins and no depth outside of marcus williams. I am willing to bet that teams 2-5 all have very close records, but come May we will either be in the conference finals or lose in the second round to the eventual Eastern Conference Champions, which is obviously contingent on seeding.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 18 2006, 11:12 AM
Post #22

Superstar

Member No.: 73

The Bulls. Paxson sees the "Big Picture" and hes going after every piece to fit the puzzle by getting PJ Brown, Adrian Griffin and a bigger piece in Ben Wallace. Its a young team but when adding those 3 guys who bring tremendous leadership, its only going to help.

If you look at Detroit, we know they lost Big Ben in the middle and thats not a tough void to fill because there isnt alot of people that does what he can do. Muhamed will be solid but hes no Ben Wallace. What Big Ben brought to the Pistons was the Intimidation factor. His presence on the defensive side was somewhat fearsome to the other team going into the lane. They dont have that anymore and therefore Detroit will suffer and the Bulls will gain.

I like what the Bulls have done this offseason, transforming this team into a Title Contender from a team before all the moves was considered a 2nd round knock out. I cant wait to see Big Ben in Chicago opening night!

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 18 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #23

Starter

Member No.: 118

The Pistons probably will win more games than the Bulls now that i think of it...

-Pistons team mostly consists of all veterans

-Bulls added some new faces, and some rookies. That will take some time to gell, (especially on defense, like communication, rotating, and all of that good stuff)

-I still dont think the Bulls will win over 50 this season, but they should get close. I can see them making a nice run at the end of the season.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 18 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #24

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 18 2006, 12:05 PM) *
The Bulls. Paxson sees the "Big Picture" and hes going after every piece to fit the puzzle by getting PJ Brown, Adrian Griffin and a bigger piece in Ben Wallace. Its a young team but when adding those 3 guys who bring tremendous leadership, its only going to help.

If you look at Detroit, we know they lost Big Ben in the middle and thats not a tough void to fill because there isnt alot of people that does what he can do. Muhamed will be solid but hes no Ben Wallace. What Big Ben brought to the Pistons was the Intimidation factor. His presence on the defensive side was somewhat fearsome to the other team going into the lane. They dont have that anymore and therefore Detroit will suffer and the Bulls will gain.

I like what the Bulls have done this offseason, transforming this team into a Title Contender from a team before all the moves was considered a 2nd round knock out. I cant wait to see Big Ben in Chicago opening night!

I wouldn't call them a title contender just yet. They're still light on post offense, and they need to have consistent scoring. If Gordon, Deng or Noc steps up, that's another story, but it remains to be seen if any of them can do that this year. The playoffs are generally dictated by stars, something the Bulls just don't have right now. Maybe they can take the Pistons' route, but all of your guys have to be playing at a pretty high level to do that. IMO they're not quite on the level of the Suns, Mavericks, Spurs and Heat at this point, though that can change as the season goes on.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 19 2006, 12:27 AM
Post #25

All-Star

Member No.: 3

Apparently Reggie Miller was on the Dan Patrick show and said the Bulls are now the 2nd best team in the east.

All of these things are fine and dandy and they definately got me excited about the season, but you always have to remember there is a reason why you got to play the games.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jul 19 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #26

Starter

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 19 2006, 01:20 AM) *
Apparently Reggie Miller was on the Dan Patrick show and said the Bulls are now the 2nd best team in the east.

All of these things are fine and dandy and they definately got me excited about the season, but you always have to remember there is a reason why you got to play the games.

I think its cool how people think we are the second best team now and everything, but im not buying it.

-Bulls still havent proven anything by just adding some players. And the Bulls still dont have that true "go-to-player." We also dont have that consistent low post player.... Also, the Bulls have to show that they can get to the line consistently for a full season.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jul 19 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #27

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jul 19 2006, 12:16 PM) *
I think its cool how people think we are the second best team now and everything, but im not buying it.

-Bulls still havent proven anything by just adding some players. And the Bulls still dont have that true "go-to-player." We also dont have that consistent low post player.... Also, the Bulls have to show that they can get to the line consistently for a full season.

My thoughts are that we still have that low post scoring hole and that we still need to go out and prove things. We've made a lot of changes but we are only as good as our low post scoring and the overall development of guys like Hinrich, Deng, and Gordon (obviously Sef and TT fit into that picture now).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 19 2006, 09:32 PM
Post #28

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 18 2006, 06:36 PM) *
I wouldn't call them a title contender just yet. They're still light on post offense, and they need to have consistent scoring. If Gordon, Deng or Noc steps up, that's another story, but it remains to be seen if any of them can do that this year. The playoffs are generally dictated by stars, something the Bulls just don't have right now. Maybe they can take the Pistons' route, but all of your guys have to be playing at a pretty high level to do that. IMO they're not quite on the level of the Suns, Mavericks, Spurs and Heat at this point, though that can change as the season goes on.

Ya, I would agree with that. But they should atleast be considered a potential Title Contender IMO

+Quote Post
HITStheDAGGER
post Jul 19 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #29

Rookie

Member No.: 195

Of corse the bulls will win cause all the people jump on the band wagon... Be a true fan..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:41 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home