IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wallace and Garnett to the Bulls?, A possibility.
Mike Gzar Joyce
post Jun 3 2006, 06:24 PM
Post #1

NBDL

Group: Members
Member No.: 156

I may be exposing my ignorance (in terms of salary cap and plausability), but it seems as if Garnett may not be untradeable and then Wallace of course is an unrestricted free agent. If Wallace chooses not to return to Detroit, the Hawks and the Bulls will emerge as his most likely suitors. How about the Bulls sign Wallace to a deal and then ship players (Chandler, Duhon, and Deng) to the Timberwolves for Garnett? That would give us a line-up of:

C - Ben Wallace
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Andres Nocioni
SG - Ben Gordon
PG - Kirk Hinrich

A similar deal could be proposed to acquire Shawn Marion instead of Garnett. Although, I am a bit weary of trading Deng and to a certain extent Duhon. While we're at it we could resign Antonio Davis and his wife!

I think Hinrich, Gordon, and Nocioni are the three most important/talented players on the Bulls today and if we could keep them around while acquiring the services of two all-stars, we would be championship material. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

GO BULLS!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 3 2006, 06:29 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 65

great post.

I am weary of any trades simply bc of the chandler for brand...however if we trade for kg or marion...then we know what we are getting.

Is Marion even on the trade block...last I checked things were going well in PHX...

I would definitely send chandler in a trade for KG and I think that adding Deng and Duhon would be fair as well...that way, we wouldnt have to give up any picks...

The only way I see us adding Wallace is if we trade chandler. we need low post scoring and having 1 excellent defensive player(wallace) and 1 medicore(Chandler) would not be smart....bc neither can play offense(although Wallace is better than chandler-he can catch and dunk the basketball occasionally.)

+Quote Post
BuLLzDoMaIn
post Jun 3 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #3

Bench

Member No.: 105

if anything i always said trade noc not deng. cause deng is alot younger.

And if something like this did happen, WOW

they we resign Jay wills. Being hes comen back. Get decent players in the FA.

+Quote Post
maggsmaggs
post Jun 3 2006, 07:41 PM
Post #4

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 19

QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Jun 3 2006, 06:51 PM)
if anything i always said trade noc not deng. cause deng is alot younger.

And if something like this did happen, WOW

they we resign Jay wills. Being hes comen back. Get decent players in the FA.

Doing those trades, we would effectly have very little for FAs. But we would have a bench of:

Aldridge/Thomas (#1 draft choice)
Brewer/Ager/Collins (#2 draft choice)
Sweets
Allen
Luke
FA backup PG
Songaila

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 3 2006, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Guests

Actually id rather trade Gordon instead of Deng and then we could draft Brandon Roy since we already would have 2 Allstar Forwards.

+Quote Post
JPargo
post Jun 3 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #6

12th Man

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97

I dont see this happening and i dont think i'd be for this but heres what we would have to do. Trading all of those young players for a 30 year old Kevin Garnett Doesnt sound like a good idea, But if this did happen we would have to Get Lamarcus and Then a SG or SF at 16, probably Ronnie Brewer. And then Target a big man FA. Im thinking Joel Pryz.Then trade Darius Songalia and Mike Sweetney for a SF. so our roster would look something like this...

PG-Kirk/Jay/Jannero
SG-Ben/Brewer/Jannero
SF-Andres/Player aquired from trade
PF-Kevin/Lamarcus/Malik
C-Ben Wallace/Luke/Othella

Decent depth at al postions.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jun 3 2006, 10:51 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Mike Gzar Joyce @ Jun 3 2006, 06:17 PM)
I may be exposing my ignorance (in terms of salary cap and plausability), but it seems as if Garnett may not be untradeable and then Wallace of course is an unrestricted free agent. If Wallace chooses not to return to Detroit, the Hawks and the Bulls will emerge as his most likely suitors. How about the Bulls sign Wallace to a deal and then ship players (Chandler, Duhon, and Deng) to the Timberwolves for Garnett? That would give us a line-up of:

C - Ben Wallace
PF - Kevin Garnett
SF - Andres Nocioni
SG - Ben Gordon
PG - Kirk Hinrich

A similar deal could be proposed to acquire Shawn Marion instead of Garnett. Although, I am a bit weary of trading Deng and to a certain extent Duhon. While we're at it we could resign Antonio Davis and his wife!

I think Hinrich, Gordon, and Nocioni are the three most important/talented players on the Bulls today and if we could keep them around while acquiring the services of two all-stars, we would be championship material. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

GO BULLS!

how much money will that be blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
Mike Gzar Joyce
post Jun 4 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #8

NBDL

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 3 2006, 10:44 PM)
how much money will that be  blink.gif  blink.gif  blink.gif

Enough where every other player on the Bulls besides the starting five will be modern day Dickie Simpkinses.

+Quote Post
JPargo
post Jun 4 2006, 12:53 AM
Post #9

12th Man

Group: Banned
Member No.: 97

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 3 2006, 10:44 PM)

Well since Ben would probably ask for the max that would somehwere around 21mil a year and then i think signing KG to a 4year deal would be a good so thats somewhere around 18mil a year then the 3.7mil for andres and 3.8mil for Ben and 3.1mil. Add that all up and you got a 49.6 dollar starting lineup just for the 06-07. I dont think the bulls would do this at all. I would hate if they did this

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post Jun 4 2006, 10:25 AM
Post #10

Guests

QUOTE (JPargo @ Jun 4 2006, 12:46 AM)
Well since Ben would probably ask for the max that would somehwere around 21mil a year and then i think signing KG to a 4year deal would be a good so thats somewhere around 18mil a year then the 3.7mil for andres and 3.8mil for Ben and 3.1mil. Add that all up and you got a 49.6 dollar starting lineup just for the 06-07. I dont think the bulls would do this at all. I would hate if they did this

No, you wouldnt. This proposal I realize isnt realistic but come on... You would be THRILLED to have KG AND Big Ben on our team and I KNOW you would.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 4 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #11

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 3 2006, 08:44 PM)

If we could do it and Pax recommended it, JR would allow it. The Bulls make money and JR is more than willing to spend the money to get the players necessary to put this team over the top.

Those moves (while I can't comment on whether they are plausible or not) combined with the starters we would be keeping would make us title contenders (that said I think we'd have to give up more to get Garnett).

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 4 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #12

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I would rather give up chandler and the #2 for garnett than chandler, duhon, and deng. If we get garnett, depth and age will be more important than a young big man.

Then signing someone like pryzbilla, who will be cheaper than ben wallace, is taller and younger, would be a good defensive complement to garnett.

Getting these two satisfies EVERYTHING we wanted to do this summer. We are getting older, getting veteran leadership, get longer, and getting more athletic. We can still get our big sg with the #16 pick. IF Minn wanted that too, i'd give it to them if they gave us their 2nd round pick.

If we get garnett, you can bet pryzbilla will want to be here, bc we will be championship contenders with this lineup for at least the next 4 years.

Hinrich/Duhon
Gordon/Draft Pick
Deng/Nocioni
Garnett/Sweetney
Pryzbilla/Allen

That's a good rotation with veterans, depth, and good scoring balance. Minnesota would do this because they would be getting a top defensive big man and two potentail stars at #2, and #6. That is the right way to rebuild. They would be an exciting team that could make noise in a few years with a lineup of jaric, ricky davis, rudy gay, chandler and alididge/thomas/bargs.

A trade that works for both teams and makes us championship contenders? Sounds good to me.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Jun 4 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #13

Starter

Member No.: 118

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 4 2006, 12:02 PM)
I would rather give up chandler and the #2 for garnett than chandler, duhon, and deng. If we get garnett, depth and age will be more important than a young big man.

Then signing someone like pryzbilla, who will be cheaper than ben wallace, is taller and younger, would be a good defensive complement to garnett.

Getting these two satisfies EVERYTHING we wanted to do this summer. We are getting older, getting veteran leadership, get longer, and getting more athletic. We can still get our big sg with the #16 pick. IF Minn wanted that too, i'd give it to them if they gave us their 2nd round pick.

If we get garnett, you can bet pryzbilla will want to be here, bc we will be championship contenders with this lineup for at least the next 4 years.

Hinrich/Duhon
Gordon/Draft Pick
Deng/Nocioni
Garnett/Sweetney
Pryzbilla/Allen

That's a good rotation with veterans, depth, and good scoring balance. Minnesota would do this because they would be getting a top defensive big man and two potentail stars at #2, and #6. That is the right way to rebuild. They would be an exciting team that could make noise in a few years with a lineup of jaric, ricky davis, rudy gay, chandler and alididge/thomas/bargs.

A trade that works for both teams and makes us championship contenders? Sounds good to me.

I highly doubt Minnesota would take Chandler and #2 for KG. Chandler doesnt have much trade value right now, and has a big contract. KG is a top ten player.... If they are trading him, they want some good players in return.

+Quote Post
Mike Gzar Joyce
post Jun 4 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #14

NBDL

I agree that the Timberwolves would want a couple stars in return for Garnett, but if Garnett is unhappy (and publicly asks to be traded) they may be a bit more lenient in what they accept for him. After all, if he walks next summer, they get nothing.

I did not know this, but apparently Chris Duhon has the right to veto any trade he is involved with. This fact probably makes him off the table in terms of any possible trade scenarios this summer.

The Timberwolves had the second worst record in the Western Conference last year. What good is 22 points and 12 rebounds a game if you're still not going to make the playoffs? If they Timberwolves aren't able to secure any big trades NOT involving Garnett or sign a free agent to make the team better, I think they will seriously consider moving Garnett for the future.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 4 2006, 06:59 PM
Post #15

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ Jun 4 2006, 12:30 PM)
I highly doubt Minnesota would take Chandler and #2 for KG. Chandler doesnt have much trade value right now, and has a big contract. KG is a top ten player.... If they are trading him, they want some good players in return.

Plus, it's already a major longshot that we could add Garnett and Wallace, and there's basically no way we could also get Pryzbilla. He's going to get grossly overpaid by a team desperate for size. I'm talking Chandler-type money.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:09 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home