Reply to this topicStart new topic
> JJ redick to sign offer sheet with bulls
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 9 2010, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

Orlando Magic restricted free-agent guard J.J. Redick(notes) is close to signing a three-year offer sheet worth about $19 million with the Chicago Bulls, a league executive told Yahoo! Sports.

Redick could sign the agreement as soon as the weekend, a source said.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 9 2010, 10:56 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 781

we have a chance at being an nba team with two white shooting guards. and i'm ok with that

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 9 2010, 11:01 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Would have liked it better if we got him at about 15-16 mil instead of 19.. Still need to find a quality starter though. JJ Redick isn't a starter and neither is Korver. We need defense from the 2 spot now, I'd still go after Ronnie Brewer and possibly a big man down low that'll bang like Craig Smith or Udanis Haslem.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jul 10 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jul 10 2010, 12:01 AM) *
Would have liked it better if we got him at about 15-16 mil instead of 19.. Still need to find a quality starter though. JJ Redick isn't a starter and neither is Korver. We need defense from the 2 spot now, I'd still go after Ronnie Brewer and possibly a big man down low that'll bang like Craig Smith or Udanis Haslem.

They had to front load it in an expensive contract in order for Orlando not to match. Orlando's payroll is a little over 84 million right now with 11 players. I would be shocked if Orlando matched it and took their payroll to over 90 million just to retain Reddick. However Ric Bucher is reporting other GMs expect Magic to match.

I don't hate this contract- I think they paid a premium for Reddick, but he'll be another player who fits Rose very well. I think he's slightly overrated as a shooter on the NBA level, but underrated as a defender.

This would be another great addition to our Bullies. As for adding another big man...the Bulls are about to bring Asik over.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/chicago-bu...-omer-asik.html

The Bulls also reached agreement on a deal with big man Omer Asik of Turkey. Asik will play for Turkey in the World Championships and will not be with the team until then. The Bulls are quietly optimistic about Asik and believe he can be a high level reserve behind Joakim Noah, which reduces their concern about adding another big man.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 10 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #5

6th Man

Member No.: 781

I wouldn't be surprised if they matched... I think the magic are figuring that they will move VC or pietrus before the deadline.

a depth chart of

Rose / someone
Redick / Korver
Deng / Johnson
Boozer / Gibson
Noah / Asik

doesn't look too terrible imo

+Quote Post
MB33
post Jul 10 2010, 08:31 AM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 477

we need a combo guard i would look at Shaun Livingston or Shannon Brown!

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 10 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

i like the signing a lot as long as they dont plan on having him as the starter. i think they will trade for a SG still, someone like iguodala would be a perfect fit. but redick can really shoot the ball and is a solid defender as well.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jul 10 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jul 10 2010, 04:18 PM) *
i like the signing a lot as long as they dont plan on having him as the starter. i think they will trade for a SG still, someone like iguodala would be a perfect fit. but redick can really shoot the ball and is a solid defender as well.

Somebody has to start between Korver and Reddick. I'd still like a lockdown defender at the SG in the Raja Bell, Matt Barnes mode. Tony Allen would be a great get too. Still need a backup PG tho...

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 10 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't Tony Allen have some beef with a gang in Chicago or something? I remember in the playoffs the UC had to tighten security for him but I don't quite remember what it was.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jul 11 2010, 11:30 AM
Post #10

Leading Scorer

yes he does. i dont think tony allen will ever play in chicago for that reason.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 11 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #11

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

From what I read, the Magic actually have to pay $14 million to match the Bulls' $7 million offer because they are in the luxury tax. That makes this interesting.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 11 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jul 11 2010, 06:45 PM) *
From what I read, the Magic actually have to pay $14 million to match the Bulls' $7 million offer because they are in the luxury tax. That makes this interesting.

Yup, the Bulls front-loaded the deal to make it harder for the Magic to match.

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Jul 12 2010, 01:56 AM
Post #13

6th Man

Member No.: 256

Shrewd move by Bulls front office to make Orlando pay double if that is really the case. We could end up with a really decent shooting team if we pull this off. I had JJ on my fantasy team last season and he was good for about two three's a game. He also shot 86% from the free throw line. Nice to have on your bench to strengthen your secondary unit.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 12 2010, 11:53 AM
Post #14

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

The Magic signed Quentin Richardson today, which basically means JJ Redick is a Chicago Bull.

I sure hope that efficiency translates to starter's minutes...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:19 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home