IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mr Duhon, I apologize., You are more then a back up point guard.
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 19 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #1

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Ok I haven't seen many Bulls games this year. But after watching my alma mater fight valiantly for 3/4 of a game against Greg Oden, I was able to catch the second half of the Bulls game. Duhon blew me away tonight. Took complete control of the game in the second half. Throwing out dishes, playing sick D. He completely got into Kobe's head tonight. He deserves to start on a NBA team... I also think Big Ben deserves a freaking medal for playing as well he does against guys twice the size of him.

BTW my team played Oden hard, but you absolutely can not defend him in the post. He is unbelievable. Whoever drafts him is going to win a championship.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Dec 19 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #2

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 74

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 19 2006, 10:10 PM) *
Ok I haven't seen many Bulls games this year. But after watching my alma mater fight valiantly for 3/4 of a game against Greg Oden, I was able to catch the second half of the Bulls game. Duhon blew me away tonight. Took complete control of the game in the second half. Throwing out dishes, playing sick D. He completely got into Kobe's head tonight. He deserves to start on a NBA team... I also think Big Ben deserves a freaking medal for playing as well he does against guys twice the size of him.

BTW my team played Oden hard, but you absolutely can not defend him in the post. He is unbelievable. Whoever drafts him is going to win a championship.

No, I like Duhon a lot, but he's not starter material. He didn't really "get into" Kobe's head. Kobe had a bad game. If they played again tomorrow, Kobe would probably go for 50.

And yes, Oden is somthin' special. Too bad we're not gonna get him. The Knicks looks like they'll win about 30 games. The east is that damn bad.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 19 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #3

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 19 2006, 10:37 PM) *
No, I like Duhon a lot, but he's not starter material. He didn't really "get into" Kobe's head. Kobe had a bad game. If they played again tomorrow, Kobe would probably go for 50.

And yes, Oden is somthin' special. Too bad we're not gonna get him. The Knicks looks like they'll win about 30 games. The east is that damn bad.

Sure he isn't a Nash, Paul, or Kidd... but he could be a solid second tier point guard on a team... you won't build a team around him... but he is a good piece to championship team. His D is vastly underrated and he sees the floor really well... TJ Ford and Smush Parker really aren't that much better the Du... and Kevin Ollie or Gary Payton? Please.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Dec 19 2006, 10:55 PM
Post #4

12th Man

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 19 2006, 10:45 PM) *
Sure he isn't a Nash, Paul, or Kidd... but he could be a solid second tier point guard on a team... you won't build a team around him... but he is a good piece to championship team. His D is vastly underrated and he sees the floor really well... TJ Ford and Smush Parker really aren't that much better the Du... and Kevin Ollie or Gary Payton? Please.

Ollie and Payton are starting? Yikes! I know Smush is starting, but that's by default. Jordan Farmar might take his spot soon, anyway. Like I said, I like Duhon a lot. I just don't think any team with championship aspirations can have Duhon as a starting pg.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 19 2006, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 19 2006, 10:48 PM) *
Ollie and Payton are starting? Yikes! I know Smush is starting, but that's by default. Jordan Farmar might take his spot soon, anyway. Like I said, I like Duhon a lot. I just don't think any team with championship aspirations can have Duhon as a starting pg.

I'm sure I'm just overreacting to one good game... but without Duhon tonight the Bulls don't win huh.gif

If he plays at that level for an extended period of time, he should be a starter huh.gif

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 19 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Jordan4life_2006 @ Dec 19 2006, 08:37 PM) *

If you don't think that Duhon, Thabo, and maybe to a lesser extent Kirk had a big hand in Kobe having a poor game, then you didnt' see the same game I did. Those guys did an excellent job against a tough scorer.

+Quote Post
Jordan4life_2007
post Dec 19 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #7

12th Man

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Dec 19 2006, 11:10 PM) *
If you don't think that Duhon, Thabo, and maybe to a lesser extent Kirk had a big hand in Kobe having a poor game, then you didnt' see the same game I did. Those guys did an excellent job against a tough scorer.

They all did a great job. I was just responding to tealeaf's initial post. Just because Duhon did a good job on Kobe one night doesn't mean he should start.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Dec 20 2006, 10:53 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 214

We dont need him to be a star. We need him to be a role player which he is and very well at. Im glad we still have him and he does good things on the court. Please dont my bash my impossible dream of Oden either.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 21 2006, 12:09 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 19 2006, 08:10 PM) *

People forget how good this guys defense really is. Much like Hinrich, Duhon is a smaller guard that is capable of playing tough d on taller guys. The only real disadvantage he has (much like Hinrich) is the height disadvantage that allows bigger guards to still be able to shoot over Hinrich/Duhon.

Duhon is a very valuable trade chip, but at the same time his versatility, leadership, and lead by example nature are huge parts to why the Bulls have turned into the team they have.

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Dec 19 2006, 08:10 PM) *

On a sidenote, I had no idea you were a Clone. Oh god, two ISU mods, what the hell am I going to do.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Dec 21 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #10

Skills Competitor

I wouldn't worry about it too much... us cyclone fans are about 2 years away of having anything to talk trash about regarding hoops and football...

+Quote Post
spencer958
post Dec 22 2006, 09:53 AM
Post #11

Rookie

Member No.: 299

He's a solid back-up and does what is needed.

+Quote Post
hammerhead johns...
post Dec 23 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 22

Kirk and Duhon make up what I consider to be the mot intelligent PG duo in the entire NBA. Those guys have brains, and then some.

If we had a real SG, Duhon would be a major asset off the bench. He's one of the most slept-on players in recent Bulls history.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 02:27 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home