Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Spencer Hawes, the first one to workout with the bulls
bulls91
post Jun 4 2007, 10:34 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

This is the first of many players to workout in front of the bulls staff and try to impress them in any way that they can. Here is the link for all of the upcoming workouts(it is small for now but as soon as they find out they will post more). I presonaly like Hawes and i think that he would be good in a bulls uniform and would help this team out termendously in the low post next to wallace.

http://www.draftexpress.com/workout.php?tid=6
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 4 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

So he's staying in the draft? If so, thank goodness.

"I think I bring a rare skill in a big guy, not only being able to score on the block, which in the NBA is hard to come by, but also, being able to pass. I say with that combination of skills, I think that anybody that runs a team can see that value, especially in a big guy because it brings then a whole new angle. I don’t think I’m a great defender yet, but I’ve made great strides there, being able to block shots. I think my main skills are on the offensive end, being a big guy that can shoot it, handle it a little bit, score, and especially pass."

Just the thought of it...

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 5 2007, 06:32 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Does Hawes have a chance of falling to us at #9?

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 5 2007, 09:52 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 5 2007, 07:25 AM) *

It is highly likely (actually, closer to probable, though it's hard to predict the ineptitude of some of these teams) that he will be there unless something changes between now and then, like if he works out really well or if he performs better than expected at the athletic testing combine...

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Jun 5 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 91

So it seems he's staying in the draft.

Between him and Yi, those are the guys I want. I'd be surprised if Yi fell though. I think Hawes would be a great complement to the outside shooting young guns of the Bulls.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 5 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Personally I think Hawes would be a better fit from what I understand about Yi. He would be a nice fit if we had another banger on the block, but we don't. We need an inside presense BAD.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 5 2007, 10:26 AM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Jun 5 2007, 05:25 AM) *

The way I do it, I think the only way that one of these guys not named Noah doesn't fall to us is if no one drafts either Conley, Brewer, and Wright in the top 8.

In no obvious order:

Oden
Durant
Horford
B. Wright
Jinlian
J. Wright
Conley
Brewer
Hawes

Somewhere in there is probably most of your top 9, possibly with a Noah or a Surprise pick thrown in. So it is possible that both Hawes and Yi will be gone, but that basically requires 6 big men to go in the top 8, which to my eyes is pushing it a little bit.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 5 2007, 11:10 AM
Post #8

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

I really see Hawes dropping to us... he's a white boy, and everyone knows that tall white guys suck.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jun 5 2007, 11:16 AM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 5 2007, 12:03 PM) *
I really see Hawes dropping to us... he's a white boy, and everyone knows that tall white guys suck.

Nice!

+Quote Post
Iguana
post Jun 5 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #10

Rookie

Member No.: 91

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 5 2007, 12:03 PM) *

Longley and Wennington take exception to that.... chair.gif

+Quote Post
motownbull71
post Jun 5 2007, 04:34 PM
Post #11

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 941

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 5 2007, 12:27 AM) *
This is the first of many players to workout in front of the bulls staff and try to impress them in any way that they can. Here is the link for all of the upcoming workouts(it is small for now but as soon as they find out they will post more). I presonaly like Hawes and i think that he would be good in a bulls uniform and would help this team out termendously in the low post next to wallace.

http://www.draftexpress.com/workout.php?tid=6

I would like to see the Bulls draft this guy. He is the only player that I have heard of so far who has a polished low post game. This is what the team needs. He will have to get stronger and get better defensively. He should blend in well with the core group and be ready for a championship run in a year or two.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Jun 5 2007, 09:21 PM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 41

From the times Ive seen him play he does move well for a big man but lacks quickness. Not too good of a defender but he does get position on opponents. Hes a great scorer down low but tends to use some of the same moves. Otherwise besides that if he can bulk up Ill be interested to see his progress until the draft.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 6 2007, 10:46 AM
Post #13

Superstar

Member No.: 23

So, just out of curiosity, how would folks say that Hawes compares to a couple of other big guys around the league when they came out. I.e. maybe a Chris Kaman, or a Nene, or a Darko, etc.?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 6 2007, 12:50 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 6 2007, 11:39 AM) *
So, just out of curiosity, how would folks say that Hawes compares to a couple of other big guys around the league when they came out. I.e. maybe a Chris Kaman, or a Nene, or a Darko, etc.?

I'd take any of those 3 on the Bulls right now, especially Darko. He has everything the Bulls need. He's big, he has low post moves, he can score the ball within 7 feet of the bucket, he blocks shots pretty well, and the fact that he's only 19 means he can still get taller and get much bigger and stronger. It's a can't-miss for the Bulls, IMO.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Jun 6 2007, 01:23 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 7

Hawes has to be the most boring prospect in the draft. I really hope we just trade the pick if we dont get a chance at conley.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 04:34 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home