Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "breaking news", the Bulls need a go-to guy
AirScott
post Feb 10 2007, 01:33 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 40

I was watching the second take of the GSW game at 3 a.m. last night, and when the score was 123-121 I remember having no faith the Bulls would pull through -- I just started thinking "who takes this last shot?" and not really feeling good about anybody on this team in this situation. and no, I didn't already know the outcome of the game, I fell asleep at 10:45 and woke up at 2 a.m. to look for my drunken friend, who got himself lost...aah, college life.

but if Kevin Garnett were to become available, the Bulls need to go after him, and offer the Knicks' draft choice and anybody but Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng. and if that's impossible, only one of the combo of Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng. I'd like Ben Wallace in the untouchables group, but I don't think that'd be possible.

without a true go-to guy, this team really isn't a contender. and I know this isn't news, but I'm bored, so I hope a discussion ensues.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CryptViLL
post Feb 10 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Member No.: 10

Yup, they looked awful in the late minutes, just couldnt get anything done offensively. Im hoping they trade come feb 22

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 10 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Remember when we lost in Minnesota. Garnett didnt even take the last shot. We need a low post threat, our go to, last shot taker is Gordon.

+Quote Post
AirScott
post Feb 10 2007, 02:29 PM
Post #4

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Feb 10 2007, 01:31 PM) *
Remember when we lost in Minnesota. Garnett didnt even take the last shot. We need a low post threat, our go to, last shot taker is Gordon.

I'd say if we get Garnett, Gordon is the #2 guy. actually, I'm sure of it. Garnett kind of doubles as a low post threat and a go-to. Gordon will get some final shots and maybe be more effective with KG drawing defenders.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Feb 10 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 163

KG would be a perfect fit. The problem is the T-Wolves are doing pretty well this year, so there is no chance we can get him now. We can either wait until possibly this offseason to make a deal or we can make a trade this year for Pau Gasol- a low post presence that can imediately make the Bulls a conteder in the East. The problem is, what will it cost to get him? I'm hearing it may take a Gordon, Brown, Tyrus Thomas package... im not so sure i like that.
I'm also hearing a Deng, Sefolosha and Brown package. Now i might consider that one. Because we would still have Nocioni to be our starting SF and then Tyrus Thomas can back him up when needed. Should be interesing to see what Pax will do.
All as I know, as of right now the Bulls won't get passed the 2nd round with the team they currently have.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Feb 10 2007, 03:12 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (AirScott @ Feb 10 2007, 11:26 AM) *
I was watching the second take of the GSW game at 3 a.m. last night, and when the score was 123-121 I remember having no faith the Bulls would pull through -- I just started thinking "who takes this last shot?" and not really feeling good about anybody on this team in this situation. and no, I didn't already know the outcome of the game, I fell asleep at 10:45 and woke up at 2 a.m. to look for my drunken friend, who got himself lost...aah, college life.

but if Kevin Garnett were to become available, the Bulls need to go after him, and offer the Knicks' draft choice and anybody but Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich and Luol Deng. and if that's impossible, only one of the combo of Tyrus Thomas and Luol Deng. I'd like Ben Wallace in the untouchables group, but I don't think that'd be possible.

without a true go-to guy, this team really isn't a contender. and I know this isn't news, but I'm bored, so I hope a discussion ensues.

Dang you...dang you...I saw this post from the front page and thought the Bulls had traded for Gasol. I was all giddy, but ya, it is evident that we need a big. The only question is whether Paxson feels we are best suited making the move now or waiting to see what is available in the draft and than making our move in the off-season (kind of sacrificing this year as yet another building year where hopefully the club gets a playoff series win and takes the next step with this off-season being where they acquire the final piece).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 10 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 10 2007, 01:05 PM) *
Dang you...dang you...I saw this post from the front page and thought the Bulls had traded for Gasol. I was all giddy, but ya, it is evident that we need a big. The only question is whether Paxson feels we are best suited making the move now or waiting to see what is available in the draft and than making our move in the off-season (kind of sacrificing this year as yet another building year where hopefully the club gets a playoff series win and takes the next step with this off-season being where they acquire the final piece).

I think Pax is going to wait out until the last second, but I have a real feeling he's going to do something. If he's 1/10th as smart as me, he has to realize that one of his biggest tradeable assets is PJ Brown's expiring contract, and that is an asset which disappears if we get to the summer. This year is pretty much his last chance at being able to trade for a big-named player for the next few years until Ben Wallace's contract is up, unless he wants to deal one of the young guys.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Feb 10 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 214

The economics of Garnett makes no sense. Hes a great player and would fit in well with our current team of jump shooters, but the problem is, we wold have to give up like 4 of those guys. Its not worht it for one guy. Wed have to give up like Gordon or Deng, Thomas, Brown and probably a draft pick. Hes good, but he isnt worth all that.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Feb 11 2007, 12:24 PM
Post #9

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Minnisota is not giving up KG... he is the only reason why people fill their staduim.

+Quote Post
AirScott
post Feb 11 2007, 05:08 PM
Post #10

10 Day Contract

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Feb 10 2007, 02:41 PM) *
KG would be a perfect fit. The problem is the T-Wolves are doing pretty well this year, so there is no chance we can get him now. We can either wait until possibly this offseason to make a deal or we can make a trade this year for Pau Gasol- a low post presence that can imediately make the Bulls a conteder in the East. The problem is, what will it cost to get him? I'm hearing it may take a Gordon, Brown, Tyrus Thomas package... im not so sure i like that.
I'm also hearing a Deng, Sefolosha and Brown package. Now i might consider that one. Because we would still have Nocioni to be our starting SF and then Tyrus Thomas can back him up when needed. Should be interesing to see what Pax will do.
All as I know, as of right now the Bulls won't get passed the 2nd round with the team they currently have.

I wouldn't say they're doing pretty well, but as it stands the Clippers make the playoffs with a .500 record. even Gasol might just take Gordon and Brown...seems fair to me.

with KG, you never know because McHale hasn't proven all too competent. so he could trade KG, or he couldn't. I mean, I don't see it happening, but it should.

+Quote Post
CryptViLL
post Feb 11 2007, 06:17 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Feb 11 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Minnisota is not giving up KG... he is the only reason why people fill their staduim.

Yup, agreed.
It's kinda like the "Roger-Clemons" effect in basketball. The fans fill up to see him, and the owners love it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:27 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home