Closed TopicStart new topic
> Wizards @ Bulls, Dec. 2 Gamethread
Chisoxfn
post Dec 2 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #16

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

This is by far the best the Bulls have played since opening night. Our transition game is looking amazing as is the defense. You got to love this!!!

Oh and I'm starting to think Noc may just be our best player.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 2 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #17

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Wow Tyrus Thomas just flew over everyone there.

+Quote Post
chilord
post Dec 2 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #18

Bench

Member No.: 182

Four in a row!!!!

Gotta keep this streak going!

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 2 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #19

All-Star

Thomas had a hurt wrist for a second but I guess he's alright. Wow I'm really loving the development of Thomas. He's had back to back quality games and things really start to be slowing down for him (he's still a long long ways off, but he's starting to let the game come to him and thats the first step).

+Quote Post
hinrich fan
post Dec 2 2006, 10:02 PM
Post #20

12th Man

Member No.: 162

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 2 2006, 09:44 PM) *
This is by far the best the Bulls have played since opening night. Our transition game is looking amazing as is the defense. You got to love this!!!

Oh and I'm starting to think Noc may just be our best player.

Noc is definately in the zone...could be the "go to guy" were looking for...

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 2 2006, 10:04 PM
Post #21

All-Star

QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Dec 2 2006, 07:55 PM) *

Ya between him and Kirk we have two guys that show up ever night playing stellar defense (and Ben Wallace will be that now that he's starting to get a bit more comfortable).

I also love how Ben Wallace is playing a bit more aggressively on the offensive end because it frees up the rest of the court and gives the Bulls a better opportunity at spacing the court (something they excel at).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 2 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #22

Superstar

QUOTE (hinrich fan @ Dec 2 2006, 09:55 PM) *

Only problem is we have a guy in Luol Deng who is also a small forward. Nocioni I dont think can start his whole career as a power forward. He isnt a franchise guy obviously and im sure the Bulls are looking for that franchise Power forward that would take them to the top. Im sure there hoping for a guy like Greg Oden to fall in their hands.

Nocioni when he is hot can carry this team.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 2 2006, 10:07 PM
Post #23

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 2 2006, 07:59 PM) *
Only problem is we have a guy in Luol Deng who is also a small forward. Nocioni I dont think can start his whole career as a power forward. He isnt a franchise guy obviously and im sure the Bulls are looking for that franchise Power forward that would take them to the top. Im sure there hoping for a guy like Greg Oden to fall in their hands.

Nocioni when he is hot can carry this team.

I still say screw it and play the other at the 2. I realize at time they won't have the footspeed to play the 2 but at the same time I think we are good enough defensively that it doesn't matter. That and I have no problem splitting up the minutes on the bench so that one of Noc/Deng is always on the court. We got enough minutes to go around if we ocassionally play Noc at the 4 and Deng at the 2.

I just love how Noc and Hinrich never miss layups and things like that. Noc is so efficient when he goes to the hoop and reverses and now he's been showing a bit of a giant killer as of late that will really complete his offensive arsenal. In terms of Deng I think his jump shot keeps getting better but as soon as he develops into a better passer (cause right now he's a pretty awful one) we'll see him really elevate into a great player.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 2 2006, 10:14 PM
Post #24

Superstar

I like that Idea Jas. Sooner or later were going to have to dump some of our talent like either Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, or Michael Sweetney because Thabo will start at some point in his career which makes it hard for Deng to play the 2 spot because thats the position Thabo plays his most minutes at. Ben Gordon wont be off the bench his whole career either and IMO I think the Bulls will search to trade him in the near future. Here is how I see the Bulls Lineup to look like in the future.

PG Hinrich
SG Thabo
SF Deng
PF Thomas
C Oden biggrin.gif (Omg that would be soooo sweet!)

Also on a sidenote, did it look like Tyrus has put on some weight or is it just me? He looks a little bit thicker than in preseason. He is on the right track and has looked great the last two games. Hopefully Skiles sees that and plays him more than usual.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 2 2006, 10:20 PM
Post #25

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 2 2006, 08:07 PM) *
I like that Idea Jas. Sooner or later were going to have to dump some of our talent like either Ben Gordon, Chris Duhon, or Michael Sweetney because Thabo will start at some point in his career which makes it hard for Deng to play the 2 spot because thats the position Thabo plays his most minutes at. Ben Gordon wont be off the bench his whole career either and IMO I think the Bulls will search to trade him in the near future. Here is how I see the Bulls Lineup to look like in the future.

PG Hinrich
SG Thabo
SF Deng
PF Thomas
C Oden biggrin.gif (Omg that would be soooo sweet!)

Also on a sidenote, did it look like Tyrus has put on some weight or is it just me? He looks a little bit thicker than in preseason. He is on the right track and has looked great the last two games. Hopefully Skiles sees that and plays him more than usual.

Tyrus looks the same to me, but I could see maybe 5 or so more pounds of muscle. He seems to be pretty strong and I think he has the type of body type where he'll be able to be pretty strong but at the same time quick. I wonder about Sef being a starter cause I could see him being the type of guy that gets a lot of minutes at the 1 and 2 positions but doing it off the bench and very well.

Either way I don't anticipate Thabo or Tyrus being in our starting lineup anytime this year or next year (unless there are injuries). I think 2 years from now is the timetable of when we start to expect those type of roles and obviously Thomas has the ability to be a superstar but right now I like how Skiles is preaching him as a defensive force for spurts (because mentally it lets him relax offensively and stop trying to force things which actually makes him a better offensive player).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 2 2006, 10:23 PM
Post #26

Superstar

Yep I agree in about 2 years I can see Thomas being a starter unless he has a breakout year next season and starts by midseason or something but I like the way things are going now. Gordon has found his game again off the bench and Luol Deng continues to impress. If we play even remotely close to this game every game we will be hard to beat come playoff time even despite our lack of size and lowpost scoring.

+Quote Post
hinrich fan
post Dec 2 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #27

12th Man

Member No.: 162

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 2 2006, 09:57 PM) *
Ya between him and Kirk we have two guys that show up ever night playing stellar defense (and Ben Wallace will be that now that he's starting to get a bit more comfortable).

I also love how Ben Wallace is playing a bit more aggressively on the offensive end because it frees up the rest of the court and gives the Bulls a better opportunity at spacing the court (something they excel at).

For sure those two bring it game in and game out...the circus is gone...and oh dare we say da Bulls are back...the next six weeks will be crucial for the Bulls...21 of next 30 are at the UC till end of Jan.; and then another gruesome 7 game trip starts...Let's start stringing 'em together!!!

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 2 2006, 10:54 PM
Post #28

Superstar

Member No.: 12

As long as I'm making gamethreds, we have nothing to worry about.

+Quote Post
soxfan101
post Dec 3 2006, 02:05 AM
Post #29

Bench

Member No.: 56

Deng is starting to become a reallly good player in my opinion. Also I still dont think this team is at the point where we can afford to lose Gordon. Nobody on the team can score at will like he does at times and he is also the only player that can knock down the open 3 almost all the time.

Also it wasnt out there for a long time but I really enjoyed the lineup of Kirk, Gordon, Deng, TT, and Wallace.

+Quote Post
mmmmmbeeer
post Dec 3 2006, 09:55 AM
Post #30

NBDL

Member No.: 327

It seemed last night they made a conscious effort to score in the paint. They can get by without a big acquisition if the current cast can continue to be aggressive in the paint. I mean, there's no one that really possesses the ability to be a true post player, but driving to the hoop and making great passes underneath like we saw last night, will help to offset that post deficiency.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:13 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home