> OKC extends Ibaka
Balta1701-B
post Aug 18 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

OKC extends Ibaka.
Presti didn't provide details of the contract, citing team policy, but a league source confirmed to ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard that the deal is for four additional years and $48 million.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
2nd_city_saint78...
post Aug 22 2012, 10:12 PM
Post #2

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 183

Correct me if I'm wrong here but can't the Bulls go over the cap to resign their own players??

If so can they sign Harden before they resign their guys?

What I'm getting at is somehow this year get a 2nd rounder for Kirk, and amnesty Boozer, which would leave the Bulls roughly at 44 mill (DRose, Deng, Noah, Teague, Butler).

Then sign Harden at lets say the 12 mill Balta threw out there and they'll be at 56. Add in 2 rookies at a mill a piece and were at 58 with a team that looks like....

Rose/Teague
Harden/?
Deng/Butler
?/Rook
NoaH/Rook

Can they then fill those 2 gaps by resigning Bellinelli at say 2 mill and Taj at say 8 mill...or once they hit FA can the Bulls no longer go over cap to resign them.

8 mill over the cap isn't that bad right I mean there are 10 teams in the NBA with a payroll higher than that.

Next year they'd get back under with Dengs contract off the books and hopefully at that point Butler will have established himself as a starting SF.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 05:36 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home