Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2012 offseason FA/trade rumor thread
Balta1701-B
post Jun 18 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Start off with this one. Sam Smith saying the Celtics will make a run at Asik.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 21 2012, 12:36 PM
Post #2

Bench

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 109

It all depends on the money. I"m sure as hell not paying Asik 5 million bucks, but if it's in the range of 2 or 3 I'll probably do it. Pax said on the radio they intend to get to him as soon as they are allowed to sign him to try to pre-empt any other offer sheets. Apparently they think Asik's agent is an idiot.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 21 2012, 02:10 PM
Post #3

Superstar

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21 2012, 02:36 PM) *
It all depends on the money. I"m sure as hell not paying Asik 5 million bucks, but if it's in the range of 2 or 3 I'll probably do it. Pax said on the radio they intend to get to him as soon as they are allowed to sign him to try to pre-empt any other offer sheets. Apparently they think Asik's agent is an idiot.

Asik will absolutely get the full MLE from someone given that he's "Tall".

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 21 2012, 02:11 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Here is an article from Sam Amico at FoxSports talking about the possibility of the Bulls trading up: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/15/12/NBA-...amp;feedID=3725

Also mentions a couple of potential free agent targets.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 21 2012, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 21 2012, 04:11 PM) *
Here is an article from Sam Amico at FoxSports talking about the possibility of the Bulls trading up: http://www.foxsportsohio.com/06/15/12/NBA-...amp;feedID=3725

Also mentions a couple of potential free agent targets.

It'll be near impossible for the Bulls to do all 3 of these:

Keep Asik
Avoid the Luxury Tax
Sign anyone for any fraction of the MLE

Unless they can move one of their big contracts or they let someone like CJ or Korver with an option walk.

+Quote Post
WHarris1
post Jun 21 2012, 02:17 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 21 2012, 03:15 PM) *
It'll be near impossible for the Bulls to do all 3 of these:

Keep Asik
Avoid the Luxury Tax
Sign anyone for any fraction of the MLE

Unless they can move one of their big contracts or they let someone like CJ or Korver with an option walk.

Right. The choice they face is either, move Deng, get rid of pretty much the entire bench, or pay a substantial lux tax.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 21 2012, 02:29 PM
Post #7

Bench

I don't mind saying goodbye to CJ or Brewer or Asik, and even Korver if need be. I stated these in the order that I'm willing to let them go.

We'll have to keep in mind which bench players we let go when we draft, however. Dropping CJ puts the pressure on to get a PG, Brewer to get an SG, Asik a C.

I'd prefer we drop CJ and see if we can get an Andre Miller type as a FA

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 21 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 21

There is no way the Bulls let Asik leave.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 21 2012, 03:19 PM
Post #9

Bench

I think he is probably overvalued, but not that easy to replace either.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 21 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #10

12th Man

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 21 2012, 04:19 PM) *
I think he is probably overvalued, but not that easy to replace either.

This...well the first part anyway. He'll never develop into more than a good defensive player. With Thibs as the head coach I think they can grab most any young big and turn them into Omer Asik. It's not like Omers a high motor, athletic 7 foot (like Noah) so I think he's def replaceable.

+Quote Post
Quinarvy
post Jun 21 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #11

Bench

Member No.: 1,962

From other boards, the Bulls apparently really want to move up to nab Beal or Barnes.

The problem is, if they get Beal, there's a big whole at SF.

+Quote Post
2nd_city_saint78...
post Jun 21 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #12

12th Man

Member No.: 183

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 21 2012, 08:32 PM) *
From other boards, the Bulls apparently really want to move up to nab Beal or Barnes.

The problem is, if they get Beal, there's a big whole at SF.

It'd be Ronnie Brewer/Kyle Korver for a year and then hope Butler can step up for the future.

If they decide to amnesty Boozer next year and CJ/KK/RB are all gone they can sign a SF...Could you imagine Josh Smith, Taj Gibson, and Joakim Noah in the same starting lineup???

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 22 2012, 06:42 AM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jun 21 2012, 11:01 PM) *
It'd be Ronnie Brewer/Kyle Korver for a year and then hope Butler can step up for the future.

If they decide to amnesty Boozer next year and CJ/KK/RB are all gone they can sign a SF...Could you imagine Josh Smith, Taj Gibson, and Joakim Noah in the same starting lineup???

Especially if Rose is going to be out for most of the year, there's no reason why you can't give the time to Butler starting the year off if you move Deng.

Oftentimes, the single most important thing you can give a developing kid is playing time. They have to make mistakes to learn from them, and that just doesn't happen in practice.

+Quote Post
Jake
post Jun 22 2012, 08:13 AM
Post #14

Bench

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 22 2012, 07:42 AM) *
Especially if Rose is going to be out for most of the year, there's no reason why you can't give the time to Butler starting the year off if you move Deng.

Oftentimes, the single most important thing you can give a developing kid is playing time. They have to make mistakes to learn from them, and that just doesn't happen in practice.

The talent evaluators at be will have to decide whether Jimmy's talent is worth those growing pains. I honestly haven't seen nearly enough of him to know, but I'd imagine the coaching staff has a pretty good idea. One thing I would say that encouraged me is that Jimmy showed poise on the court, never seemed to let it show that he was overwhelmed (or perhaps he just wasn't).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 22 2012, 08:16 AM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 22 2012, 10:13 AM) *
The talent evaluators at be will have to decide whether Jimmy's talent is worth those growing pains. I honestly haven't seen nearly enough of him to know, but I'd imagine the coaching staff has a pretty good idea. One thing I would say that encouraged me is that Jimmy showed poise on the court, never seemed to let it show that he was overwhelmed (or perhaps he just wasn't).

Even if they don't have a lot of confidence in him...what's the real risk? This is, as far as I'm concerned, a busted season. Even if they stand pat, the team gets more expensive, older, and may darn well miss the playoffs with Deng missing 1/3+ of the season and Rose maybe the whole thing.

This is a great year to play the kids, and even if you don't like where one is now, maybe there's a lightbulb that goes on with playing time.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:50 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home