> Bulls Picks, What will they do with all those 2nd rounders
rangercal
post Apr 9 2007, 11:34 AM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

On top of the Knicks pick, Da Bulls have 3 2nd rounders

Chicago receives Denver's 2007 second round pick (JR Smith trade 072006).
Chicago receives New York's second round pick in 2009 (Eddy Curry trade 100405).
Chicago receives a Boston 2007 second round pick (JR Smith trade 072006) via Denver via receives a future second-round pick. (Leon Powe trade 062806) *Less favorable pick between Boston and Golden State's - owned by Boston.

With Names Like Brandon Rush in the 2nd rd of NBADRAFT.NET's Mock draft, these picks can fetch something nice.

Question is, what will they do with all these players?
A) Cut Them
cool.gif Developmental League

huh.gif I Still don't understand the NBA's new "minor league system"
Can someone elaborate what the likely scenerios might be?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
soxfan3530
post Apr 9 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 392

I feel a trade for a veteran coming on with these picks.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Apr 9 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

I think they will draft the same type of players that they have done historically in the 2nd rounds, and they will look at safe guys from big programs who have played for good coaches.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 9 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Apr 9 2007, 11:30 AM) *
I feel a trade for a veteran coming on with these picks.

Definitely, they already have two very young guys on the roster with Tyrus and Thabo as well as another one coming with the Knicks' pick. I don't see them taking another 3 rookies, especially since it'd be somewhat hard for them to make the roster.

I expect them to try to add a veteran big man with those picks, or possibly try to move up a pick or two in the draft if the situation arises. They should probably keep one of them though, there should be some solid talent in the 2nd.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Apr 9 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

I think it's really time for a trade where we package a couple items together to a team looking for depth. Here's my reasons.

1. Contract time. Noc, Deng, and Gordon all are at Contract time, I believe Noc is a RFA this year and the other 2 will probably be extended before next season. The salaries for all of these guys going up means that there is motivation to consider moving one.

2. Redundancy. Specifically, at the small forward position, but also developing in the backcourt. Yes, it's nice to bring Noc off the bench. But the development of Deng is gradually making it so that you just don't want to take Lu out of the game to give Noc enough minutes. And on top of that, Khryapa is just sitting around doing nothing. Similarly in the backcourt, Gordon and Hinrich are turning into a good combo, with Thabo backing them up and providing more defense, and with Griffin on top of that for added defense, which leaves Duhon sort of stuck in the middle.

There just isn't playing time and money for all of these guys.

3. Added players. Right now, the Bulls have what is to my eyes a fairly full lineup, even if you ignore things like Barret and Big Marty. The Bulls do lose some of their bigs this offseason in Sweetney and PJ Brown, but that still leaves the Bulls with 3 draft picks and presumably the mid-level $5 million exemption contract to hand out. That still puts the Bulls at having 13-15 people who could be ready every game, and those last couple honestly don't do that much.

4. Specific needs. The Bulls have a specific need of size. The Bulls have depth at other positions and lots of draft picks that can be used to help fill that hole.

I think overall, this is the offseason the Bulls have to pick one of their guys and part with them. The easy money right now says Noc, but who knows what he'd bring back after an injury-riddled season (big playoff series would certainly help). But the Bulls just have too many pieces at positions other than big men, and to much need of 1 additional big man, to just stand pat any more.

+Quote Post
DrunkBomber
post Apr 9 2007, 01:58 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 214

Well lets look at who we got.

Hinrich and Wallace are locked up so we dont need to worry about them.

Deng and Gordon are absolute keepers and need to be extended.

Noccioni is a luxery that it would be nice to keep but I could see him being a casualty.

Tyrus and Sefelosha are keepers for now.

We have Duhon as a backup PG which is fine for now.

Id say we could trade the picks or just gamble with them. There isnt much value in 2nd rounders. Hopefully we can fulfill our backup C and PF needs with the Knicks pick this year.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Apr 9 2007, 03:29 PM
Post #7

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Old AJ found TalkBulls?

+Quote Post
rangercal
post Apr 9 2007, 04:45 PM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Apr 9 2007, 09:22 PM) *
Old AJ found TalkBulls?

actually if you look at the registration dates, I found it before you. smile.gif

btw sweet sig as always

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Apr 9 2007, 07:08 PM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I think they will trade one or two of them for a veteran player. I don't see them drafting a rookie with all of their picks but if they do they'll either be cut or some will be sent to the D-League.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 10 2007, 12:07 AM
Post #10

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (rangercal @ Apr 9 2007, 12:27 PM) *
With Names Like Brandon Rush in the 2nd rd of NBADRAFT.NET's Mock draft, these picks can fetch something nice.

If we could get Brandon Rush in the 2nd round that would be sick. The guy is a great scorer/shooter. He's got great size at 6'6 and he's very athletic. Some scouts think he's closer to 6' 7' and capable of being a SF in the league.

With Rush we could use Thabo to backup Hinrich and Rush could backup Gordon. Plus, Rush could develop into a Deshawn Stevenson type player in a couple of seasons or maybe even a good backup SF which would make Gordon and Nocioni more expendable.

However, as much as it would be a gift to get him in the second round, he's likely not going to be around that long. I see him going in the 20's. Possibly around 22-25.

However, the second round will have some good players that could become impact players down the road. Plus ther will likely be some good overseas big men in the draft.

Taureen Green PG
Rashawn Terry SF (A little overshadowed on North Carolina's squad)(Potential to be the next Caron Butler)
Demetris Nichols SF (good scorer/shooter)
Mustafa Shakur PG/SG

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Apr 10 2007, 02:32 PM
Post #11

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

How about we use a 2nd rounder to finally get Gasol.

Marc Gasol, that is.

Do we know anything about him? Why not take a chance? Better than Big Marty, right? Coming from the "Gasol" name and the Spanish team that was produced some quality talent is equal to coming from a DUke or UNC or KANSAS or UCONN to me.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Apr 10 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #12

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Apr 10 2007, 02:25 PM) *
How about we use a 2nd rounder to finally get Gasol.

Marc Gasol, that is.

Do we know anything about him? Why not take a chance? Better than Big Marty, right? Coming from the "Gasol" name and the Spanish team that was produced some quality talent is equal to coming from a DUke or UNC or KANSAS or UCONN to me.

The reports make it sound like he's a poor man's Roy Hibbert. He has some post moves and is a decent passer, but he's also overweight, slow, and lacks leaping ability. It sounds like there are serious questions as to whether or not he is athletic enough to be effective in the NBA, especially defensively and on the glass. However, he has been playing fairly well this year, so who knows.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Apr 10 2007, 09:25 PM
Post #13

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 10 2007, 03:50 PM) *
The reports make it sound like he's a poor man's Roy Hibbert. He has some post moves and is a decent passer, but he's also overweight, slow, and lacks leaping ability. It sounds like there are serious questions as to whether or not he is athletic enough to be effective in the NBA, especially defensively and on the glass. However, he has been playing fairly well this year, so who knows.

That kind of sounds like Michael Sweetney's bio! And we all know how much PT Sweetney gets.

+Quote Post
ldf
post Apr 12 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #14

NBDL

Member No.: 128

i have been reading about players bio who may be there in the 2 round. the one player who i like is williams from BC. i know about i off court problems, but put him with wallace and teach him about life, he may become something.

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post Apr 12 2007, 07:17 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 66

what about Dominic James in the second? Could become a big steal, IMO.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 02:35 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home