Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mavs @ Bulls, TNT 7:30CST
Brian
post Nov 13 2008, 10:30 PM
Post #31

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 106

Carlisle is the wrong guy for that Dallas team. No way they should be walking the ball up. They are a run and gun squad.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Nov 14 2008, 12:01 AM
Post #32

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 13 2008, 10:30 PM) *
Carlisle is the wrong guy for that Dallas team. No way they should be walking the ball up. They are a run and gun squad.

I don't know if there is a particularly good answer to fix that team right now. The last few years they've actually been a more half-court team and it worked because Nowitzki and Howard can both make plays and Terry could spot up well. They could push the pace at times, but couldn't really sustain it because their studs weren't really big runners, they didn't have a real pass-first point and their defense didn't force a lot of turnovers. Then they added Jason Kidd and really screwed things up. Even though he's past his prime Kidd can still make plays in transition, but no one is trying to keep up with him. They also can't really play a slower half-court game anymore because Kidd can't stay in front of anyone on defense and isn't an effective driver anymore. I'm sure they'll keep the team together because they're still skilled enough to be a playoff threat (though it wouldn't surprise me if they missed them), but the right answer just might be to move Dirk and/or Howard for a good package of youngsters while they still can and just let Kidd's contract expire.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:34 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home