> Shaq to the Bulls?, WAAA????
AtHomeBoy_2000
post May 27 2009, 11:01 AM
Post #1

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 203

RumorPress.net
There is a possibility Shaquille O’Neal could be in a Chicago Bulls uniform next season. In a rather surprising discovery, the Phoenix Suns aoneal.jpgnd Bulls plan on engaging in trade talks that could send the future hall of fame center to Chicago, as soon as teams are allowed to talk after the playoffs. Suns GM Steve Kerr is looking to deal Shaq and is said to be interested in Loul Deng. The Suns would like to move the aging center mainly because he has slowed the up-tempo Suns down drastically. They feel Deng could bring some young, athletic energy back to the team. The Suns also feel Deng could still live up to his potential and contract if he can stay healthy.

The Bulls apparently will listen to the potential idea at the very least. However, Chicago fears that O’Neal will slow down the Bulls young, up-tempo style of play (with the Bulls already having a slow moving, aging center on the team in Brad Miller). On the other hand, the Bulls would love to get rid of Loul Deng’s huge contract, especially with the emergence of John Salmons and with their hopes to resign Ben Gordon. In addition, Shaq’s contract expires at the end of next season, freeing up even more money for 2010. The Bulls also feel Shaq could be a good influence on the young big men and could fit temporarily for one season as a low post presence. The trade would likely be O’Neal for Deng, Tim Thomas and Jerome James (assuming James exercises his player option) Look for the Suns and Bulls to at least toy around with the idea.

If those talks do not work out, the Bulls, as we all know, will likely target the Clippers Chris Kaman or Marcus Camby in exchange for Kirk Hinrich. It seems more likely that the Bulls would be interested in Camby with his contact expiring after next season. It will be interesting to see what direction the Bulls go once the off season begins, stay tuned.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 27 2009, 11:16 AM
Post #2

I'm fresh.

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 131

its brilliant. he's not very good now, we all know that... but luol deng's contract is horrible and he's signed for like 4 years after this. So we'd lose that contract and get to enjoy funny Shaq quotes for a year.

+Quote Post
AtHomeBoy_2000
post May 27 2009, 11:17 AM
Post #3

Rookie

Member No.: 203

It's all about 2010. If we could keep Gordon... which I am not in favor of, and still be able to land Bosh in 2010.. oh wow!

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post May 27 2009, 12:17 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 781

oh god DO IT PLEASE DO IT!!!! we will basically have no one on the books except gordon and rose in 2010 unless we keep hinrich

maybe noah could teach shaq how to shoot spiffy free throws.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 27 2009, 12:45 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Are we really that desperate to sell tickets?

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 27 2009, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 12

I'd be ALL OVER that deal.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post May 27 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

I've said before that I'd accept just about any spiffy expiring contract to get rid of Deng (not that I dislike him as a person/player, but his contract is too big for a guy that can't be counted on to stay healthy), but actually getting a still solid Shaq would be phenomenal. Get it done, Gar/Pax!

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 27 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (dasox24 @ May 27 2009, 09:11 PM) *
I've said before that I'd accept just about any spiffy expiring contract to get rid of Deng (not that I dislike him as a person/player, but his contract is too big for a guy that can't be counted on to stay healthy), but actually getting a still solid Shaq would be phenomenal. Get it done, Gar/Pax!

"O’Neal for Deng, Tim Thomas and Jerome James"

Thats rape. And you've got 20+ million off the books in 2010. Umm, yes please?

+Quote Post
rockren
post May 27 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #9

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

My reaction...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzYRvaD-xkQ...feature=related

This would probably be the only way to unload Deng's contract. I wouldn't blink, but I know the Suns would. I highly doubt they'd make this deal...be cool as hell to have Shaq here for what could potentially be his last season, though.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post May 28 2009, 08:51 AM
Post #10

6th Man

I think as the offseason goes on the Suns might not find any other offers out there for him

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 28 2009, 01:05 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 73

If that's the deal, I would definitely do that. Shaq is just really slow now and he'd certainly slow the tempo down when he's on the court but in the playoffs it seemed like we ran that type of offense anyways, we rarely looked to run unless we had a fastbreak.

PG Rose
SG Gordon
SF Salmons
PF Joakim
C Shaq

Now may be the time to deal Tyrus. Lets see what we can do for Amare's services first before we go to Shaq.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 28 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #12

Superstar

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ May 28 2009, 07:51 AM) *
I think as the offseason goes on the Suns might not find any other offers out there for him

A $20 million 2010 expiring contract? I think the Suns could get just about any player who's contract is considered slightly bad from any team in the league.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post May 31 2009, 09:35 PM
Post #13

Bench

Member No.: 163

I highly doubt this happens. . but you never know. I know Phoenix has been a fan of Deng since they traded the rights to him to us in the draft in
04 . I think a Deng/Thomas for Amare is more realistic.

Trading Deng for Shaq would clearly be a salary dump, an a super smart one at that. Pretty much all that would be under contract after next season would be Gordon (assuming he returns), Rose, Noah, and Hinrich. Salmons has a player option and Thomas would be a restricted free agent. So you would be in a great position to offer a max contract to one of Lebron, Bosh or Wade, even if Hinrich isn't traded.

The key to this offseson would be to deal away Dengs ridiculous contract.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jun 15 2009, 09:36 AM
Post #14

6th Man

Well now it sounds like they are going to trade Shaq straight up for Sasha Pavlovic (as Ben Wallace would probably get bought out/retire)... What part of that trade makes sense for the suns? Shaq's still got game and is a huge expiring contract... Surely they can get more than sasha pavlovic

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 15 2009, 09:49 AM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jun 15 2009, 08:36 AM) *
Well now it sounds like they are going to trade Shaq straight up for Sasha Pavlovic (as Ben Wallace would probably get bought out/retire)... What part of that trade makes sense for the suns? Shaq's still got game and is a huge expiring contract... Surely they can get more than sasha pavlovic

Depending on the exact buyout amounts, they save around $9 million. Maybe more.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th June 2024 - 08:56 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home