Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trade down to get Roy?, AND get a veteran post player too
sport1016
post Jun 14 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I know that my trade suggesting getting Zach Randolph and being able to draft Roy at the #4 got shot down, but it got me thinking.....

What the Bulls NEED to do is trade down to get a veteran post player (but i guess not randolph) and be able to take a guard that is better than the #16 (hopefully Roy)

Here are some scenarios that I thought of

Please comment and/or add more ideas!

Sean May and #3 for #2 and #16-If he had played 32 mins a game he would've averaged 16 and 10 as a rookie. Health stuff. Draft Roy.

Primoz Brezec and #3 for #2 and #16- Good shooter and plays on the block. A bit slow. Draft Roy.

Al Harrington and #5 for #2 and #16-draft roy. Have to be a sign and trade. Even with Deng's build he is "above average defender at either spot" according to ESPN's John Hollinger.

Al Jefferson and #7 for #2 and #16-Boston has soured on him, but at 6'10 265 with soft hands and an array of post moves, he's just what the bulls need. Draft Roy, unless he's unavailable, then draft brewer.
-while it is risky to hope roy falls to #7, it is very possible that he will and i like jefferson better than any post player in the draft. He is truly a force down low, and next year should be the year he takes the next step to stardom.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 14 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

You just suggested we trade FOR Primoz Brezec....

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 14 2006, 03:32 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 14 2006, 03:05 PM)
I know that my trade suggesting getting Zach Randolph and being able to draft Roy at the #4 got shot down, but it got me thinking.....

What the Bulls NEED to do is trade down to get a veteran post player (but i guess not randolph) and be able to take a guard that is better than the #16 (hopefully Roy)

Here are some scenarios that I thought of

Please comment and/or add more ideas!

Sean May and #3 for #2 and #16-If he had played 32 mins a game he would've averaged 16 and 10 as a rookie.  Health stuff.  Draft Roy.

Primoz Brezec and #3 for #2 and #16- Good shooter and plays on the block.  A bit slow.  Draft Roy.

Al Harrington and #5 for #2 and #16-draft roy.  Have to be a sign and trade.  Even with Deng's build he is "above average defender at either spot" according to ESPN's John Hollinger.

Al Jefferson and #7 for #2 and #16-Boston has soured on him, but at 6'10 265 with soft hands and an array of post moves, he's just what the bulls need.  Draft Roy, unless he's unavailable, then draft brewer. 
-while it is risky to hope roy falls to #7, it is very possible that he will and i like jefferson better than any post player in the draft. He is truly a force down low, and next year should be the year he takes the next step to stardom.

Charlotte- Very doubtful. May was picked like #11 in a stronger draft, and they don't really need to move up to get the guy they supposedly want (Gay). In fact, they might trade down. Brezec is also probably worth more than the #16 pick, and frankly he isn't much of a rebounder or defender.

Atlanta- Al Harrington is a FA, so that situation doesn't really work. Why bother giving up the picks when it sounds like he wants to sign here anyways? He's also not really a post player.

Boston- Also not a great fit. Their biggest need is PG, and they can probably get Marcus Williams at #7. With the two picks they can probably get Aldridge and Rondo, but that's probably not as good as Jefferson and Williams, or at best a draw.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 14 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

good post, you beat down all my ideas

do you have any other ideas?????????

What about Chris Wilcox and #10 for #2 and #16? We wouldn't get roy but we'd get brewer. How does that work with restricted FAs? Can we do a sign and trade before the draft?

Or we could just draft roy, take a project at 16 like alexander johnson or cedric simmons and try to outbid seatle for him. I would do that.

It will be exciting to see what happens if we draft roy, bc if paxson doesnt address our big man issues at #2 that means paxson has got to have his eye on someone big in free agency that would be more than just a rotation player.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 14 2006, 03:40 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 14 2006, 03:31 PM)
good post, you beat down all my ideas

do you have any other ideas?????????

What about Chris Wilcox and #10 for #2 and #16? We wouldn't get roy but we'd get brewer. How does that work with restricted FAs? Can we do a sign and trade before the draft?

Or we could just draft roy, take a project at 16 like alexander johnson or cedric simmons and try to outbid seatle for him. I would do that.

It will be exciting to see what happens if we draft roy, bc if paxson doesnt address our big man issues at #2 that means paxson has got to have his eye on someone big in free agency that would be more than just a rotation player.

That one might work, but it's probably just a better idea to just offer him a contract.

There really isn't that much difference between the players in this draft to make it worth trading up, so it would be hard for us to get another top-10 pick AND a proven post player for just the two picks.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 14 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 65

No to Randolf and no to Roy. We need 2 to 3 low post players. Randolf is a cancer and will be given the tim thomas treatment here in chicago. Roy is a nice player...but he's not a cant miss prospect. we already have good sg's and sf's...draft aldridge...he is a perfect fit for this team.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:36 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home