Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bring Back Curry?
sport1016
post Jun 13 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

We need a proven low post scorer and some bulk in the middle. He proved he could play all year without health issues this year. He is of no use to the knicks.
#2 for Eddy straight up? We could even throw in Sweetney....

I wonder if a trade has ever been "undone" before. I know guys have been traded for eachother multiple times (Jalen and AD Bulls-Raptors and Knicks-Raptors) but that wasn't involving the same teams.

If Antoine Walker could go back to Boston for a playoff run last year, why not Curry back here? It would probably help Chandler's numbers too.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post Jun 13 2006, 02:30 PM
Post #2

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 117

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Jun 13 2006, 02:13 PM)
We need a proven low post scorer and some bulk in the middle. He proved he could play all year without health issues this year. He is of no use to the knicks.
#2 for Eddy straight up? We could even throw in Sweetney....

I wonder if a trade has ever been "undone" before. I know guys have been traded for eachother multiple times (Jalen and AD Bulls-Raptors and Knicks-Raptors) but that wasn't involving the same teams.

If Antoine Walker could go back to Boston for a playoff run last year, why not Curry back here? It would probably help Chandler's numbers too.

interesting.. i would welcome him back.. Im a Curry fan... but i dont think Paxson would let him back without taking that DNA test...

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Jun 13 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #3

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I wonder if he would take it. I am sure he already has privately, and if he failed it then that is one thing. If he passed it or hasn't taken it yet, then it could be handled and he could come back.

I would rather get Jermaine Oneal or Chris Wilcox or shareef abdur rahim, but I would much rather have Curry than a rookie project or Drew Gooden or Pryzbilla in the starting lineup.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 13 2006, 03:19 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

That entire Curry ordeal left a bad taste in my mouth....I'll pass.

Ew, that sounds weird.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 13 2006, 03:53 PM
Post #5

All-Star

Member No.: 3

I'm a Curry fan and his low post presence would be welcome, but I have to think the bridges have been burned. Plus, the Knicks were really high on him. I hvae no idea if they still are, but there is a reason they gave him the contract they did last year (not saying it was the right move by the Knicks, just saying Isiah liked the move then and I'm sure he likes it now; too bad for Knick fans Thomas is an idiot).

+Quote Post
Goldmember
post Jun 13 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #6

12th Man

Member No.: 20

no way in hell.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jun 13 2006, 04:51 PM
Post #7

6th Man

Member No.: 61

QUOTE (Goldmember @ Jun 13 2006, 03:53 PM)
no way in hell.

^^^^^
What he said?

+Quote Post
bulls91
post Jun 13 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 70

why when we could get a better player then him in the draft through the first 10 rounds.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 13 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #9

All-Star

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (bulls91 @ Jun 13 2006, 02:56 PM)
why when we could get a better player then him in the draft through the first 10 rounds.

I honestly think if Curry were to enter the draft right now, he'd still probably be the #1 overall draft pick (thats mainly because this is a week draft). Secondly, big men with his skill set are an in demand commodity.

Not that I'm saying I'd deal our 2nd pick for Curry or that this will happen, but if I were looking for a big and Curry didn't have that health issue (and if he passed a DNA test) I would have absolutely no problem re-acquiring him.

Although I do believe the bridges have been burnt.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 13 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 23

I have a better idea. Why don't we hug and kiss some poisonous snakes.

+Quote Post
The Dude Abides
post Jun 13 2006, 06:56 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 65

He's not a pax or skiles guy. no defense, no heart, cant rebound. we can do better.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jun 13 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #12

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Pax was really pissed when he announced the trade....

I really don't see him taking Curry back unless its a deal that really makes Thomas look stupid... which is always possible.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 13 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 13 2006, 05:12 PM)
I honestly think if Curry were to enter the draft right now, he'd still probably be the #1 overall draft pick (thats mainly because this is a week draft). Secondly, big men with his skill set are an in demand commodity.

Not that I'm saying I'd deal our 2nd pick for Curry or that this will happen, but if I were looking for a big and Curry didn't have that health issue (and if he passed a DNA test) I would have absolutely no problem re-acquiring him.

Although I do believe the bridges have been burnt.

I'll agree with you on the first part. He'd almost certainly be the top pick in this draft. He's a legit center that can score, so teams would definitely be dying to get him.

There's also probably no chance that he comes back to Chicago. Besides the heart thing and the burned bridges, his contract is quite a monster.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Jun 14 2006, 01:46 PM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 21

Please no. We did this already and it did not work. Yeah the points would be nice, but the terrible defense and the bad attitude are not worth it.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 15 2006, 09:21 AM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 163

No to Curry! Its a shame because he fit this system very well and was on the rise until that damn heart thing came up. The Knicks can have him, and its obvious they dont know what to do with him, only the Bulls knew.
Its okay we have the #2 pick in the draft now, and i expect mighty big things from Pax coming up very soon! I can't wait to see what he does. Will we draft some young talent to add to the baby bulls? Will we trade the picks for a phenom such as Garnett? Will we sign free agents such as Harrington or Wallace?
WWPD? What will Paxon Do??? The offseason begins in 2 weeks!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th June 2024 - 05:56 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home