Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Marc Stein: Tyrus Thomas on the Block
Chisoxfn
post Jun 24 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

Chicago, by all accounts, has been increasingly open in its willingness to move power forward Tyrus Thomas.

Sam Smith also said recently that the Bulls flat out know that Noah and Tyrus together doesn't work so one of the two has to go and it appears the Bulls have decided Tyrus is that guy.

I really don't think Tyrus has that much value. Heck, if he were in this draft he probably goes top 10. To me if we move Tyrus it has to be in a bigger package to get a star player, but that window might be gone now.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 24 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

I have a feeling Tyrus will be gone by draft night but If it's not for a star in return, I don't see what we would go after. Tyrus is really the only attractive piece we have that'll net us a player like Bosh/Amare in a packaged deal. If that doesn't happen, I bet we hold onto him.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 24 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Moving Tyrus would at this point be good for both sides...there's no way that next offseason is going to come around and they'll be on the same page for how much he's worth in a contract extension, and the team is too happy to bench him anyway. That does require we get a PF back though - no more d*mn small lineups for every key stretch of every game.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 24 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #4

All-Star

I think the Bulls will acquire Bosh this off-season. Colangelo isn't quite yet ready to move him though, but barring anything else I think the Bulls get there guy.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 24 2009, 05:49 PM
Post #5

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

It'd be great to move Tyrus for anything of value, but I have a feeling "value" will be a couple seconds or an expiring contract.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 24 2009, 06:29 PM
Post #6

Superstar

QUOTE (steve9347 @ Jun 24 2009, 04:49 PM) *
It'd be great to move Tyrus for anything of value, but I have a feeling "value" will be a couple seconds or an expiring contract.

A few months ago he was the key piece in a deal for Amare and now he's a couple seconds or a $5 million expiring contract?

Don't buy that at all. Even if the Bulls won't play him.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 24 2009, 06:30 PM
Post #7

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24 2009, 04:49 PM) *
I think the Bulls will acquire Bosh this off-season. Colangelo isn't quite yet ready to move him though, but barring anything else I think the Bulls get there guy.

I really hope you're right.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 24 2009, 06:31 PM
Post #8

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 24 2009, 05:29 PM) *
A few months ago he was the key piece in a deal for Amare and now he's a couple seconds or a $5 million expiring contract?

Don't buy that at all. Even if the Bulls won't play him.

Being in a cast (injured wrist) probably hinders any potential of moving him on draft day and I still think he's the raw type of piece you can sell to a team that is moving a high payroll guy looking to at least have some rationale for why they are moving one of there better players (ie, Bosh or Amare, etc). Sure Bosh/Amare are the main pieces and the main reason the teams are making the deals is probably financial reasons (although not really in the Toronto case, more that Bosh is walking so they should get something) but you still have to get someone of basketball value and Tyrus has basketball value, imo, at least raw upside (even if he's yet to live up to it).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 24 2009, 06:34 PM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24 2009, 05:31 PM) *
Being in a cast (injured wrist) probably hinders any potential of moving him on draft day and I still think he's the raw type of piece you can sell to a team that is moving a high payroll guy looking to at least have some rationale for why they are moving one of there better players (ie, Bosh or Amare, etc). Sure Bosh/Amare are the main pieces and the main reason the teams are making the deals is probably financial reasons (although not really in the Toronto case, more that Bosh is walking so they should get something) but you still have to get someone of basketball value and Tyrus has basketball value, imo, at least raw upside (even if he's yet to live up to it).

I didn't even know he hurt his wrist. When did htat happen?

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 24 2009, 06:36 PM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 24 2009, 05:34 PM) *
I didn't even know he hurt his wrist. When did htat happen?

Recently. The Bulls have been very quiet about it, but if you go to Tyrus twitter he mentions how he went to the doctor, etc. Nothing very concrete and the Bulls have been completely mum on it. Kind of interesting to be honest cause you think one of the best writers would have covered it by now.

Although no one has confirmed it, it sounds like it is minor and a couple week injury.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 24 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24 2009, 05:36 PM) *
Recently. The Bulls have been very quiet about it, but if you go to Tyrus twitter he mentions how he went to the doctor, etc. Nothing very concrete and the Bulls have been completely mum on it. Kind of interesting to be honest cause you think one of the best writers would have covered it by now.

Although no one has confirmed it, it sounds like it is minor and a couple week injury.

Hmmm...I wonder if that's something that happened when he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing if they're not talking about it.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 24 2009, 06:40 PM
Post #12

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 24 2009, 05:39 PM) *
Hmmm...I wonder if that's something that happened when he was doing something he wasn't supposed to be doing if they're not talking about it.

It very well could be and if that is the case it is probably more reason for him to be on the block as the Bulls could be tired of Tyrus.

Pure speculation though and it is all based upon speculation (that he wasn't doing something he should have been). For all we know he hurt himself training.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 24 2009, 06:43 PM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 24 2009, 05:40 PM) *
It very well could be and if that is the case it is probably more reason for him to be on the block as the Bulls could be tired of Tyrus.

After watching them decide they'd rather have Rose guarding Big Baby Davis than Tyrus in game 7, they needed to try to trade him anyway, and I called it back then.

I just don't want him to be moved in a deal that doesn't bring us Bosh. In part because I think he's still worth more than the Bulls give him credit for, in part because I'm not a fan of Amare.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 24 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #14

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 24 2009, 07:29 PM) *

That deal didn't happen, dude.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 24 2009, 07:39 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

KC Johnson commented on Tyrus' injury the other day on CTL and said it was minor and there is nothing to worry about. Just nicked it a bit.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th June 2024 - 08:11 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home