> Bulls 2007-2008 Catch-All Thread, Notes That Don't Need A New Thread
Chisoxfn
post Dec 31 2007, 07:14 PM
Post #61

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Dec 31 2007, 03:41 PM) *
I hated Skiles, Boylan is doing what he can with what he has been given. I think he is doing a fine job with the exception of playing Nocioni too much and some of the younger guys not enough (Noah and Tyrus).

Boyland is going to continue to play the key guys (the guys that have been the reason for the Bulls upswing the past two seasons, not counting this one) until they can get into a groove (or at least give them every opportunity to find themselves) and after that you will than see the attention turned to getting the bench straightened out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jan 8 2008, 11:56 AM
Post #62

Superstar

Member No.: 23

The Bulls today have traded JamesOn Curry to the Iowa Energy for Demetris Nichols. Or something like that.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jun 17 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #63

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

They should have waited on Thibidou....

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 23 2008, 11:20 AM
Post #64

All-Star

Thib is a free agent and it sounds like the Bulls are going to make a serious run at hiring him to be an assistant. It would obviously cost some serious coin to land him and even than I don't know if it would be wise to leave Boston where he should be very confident that the team he's coaching will make it back to at least the playoffs next season (which should put him yet again in a position to get a head coaching job). Than again, winning the finals isn't necessarily good for getting a coaching job immediately (since it means teams end up having to wait).

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 23 2008, 03:21 PM
Post #65

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 23 2008, 10:29 AM) *
Thib is a free agent and it sounds like the Bulls are going to make a serious run at hiring him to be an assistant. It would obviously cost some serious coin to land him and even than I don't know if it would be wise to leave Boston where he should be very confident that the team he's coaching will make it back to at least the playoffs next season (which should put him yet again in a position to get a head coaching job). Than again, winning the finals isn't necessarily good for getting a coaching job immediately (since it means teams end up having to wait).

One thing a guy like Thibodeau ought to be thinking about right now...if he ever wants to land a big money, head coaching spot, he's not going to do it by grabbing another team like the Celtics and helping them get over the top, because then he'll still be coaching to mid June and no one will really want to wait that long on a coach. At least at some level, it makes sense for him to jump to a younger team for a year or two if that's his long term goal, because he can still put together a defense that shows it has some skill but at the same time probably won't lock himself in on too long of a playoff run next year.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 23 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #66

Starter

Member No.: 84

If we could add Thibodeau, that would be awesome. It would be one hell of a start to the coaching staff.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 23 2008, 10:47 PM
Post #67

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 23 2008, 02:30 PM) *
One thing a guy like Thibodeau ought to be thinking about right now...if he ever wants to land a big money, head coaching spot, he's not going to do it by grabbing another team like the Celtics and helping them get over the top, because then he'll still be coaching to mid June and no one will really want to wait that long on a coach. At least at some level, it makes sense for him to jump to a younger team for a year or two if that's his long term goal, because he can still put together a defense that shows it has some skill but at the same time probably won't lock himself in on too long of a playoff run next year.

The Bulls are a good fit because they are a strong defensive team and that means he won't be making a risky move (as in they should remain strong defensively which won't hurt his resume). However, going to a young team is risky because he could jump ship and that team struggles and all of a sudden his name falls off the radar (staying in Boston makes the most sense, but if he wanted to leave, Chicago is a good fit given there defensive strengths and all around good personell (regardless of last year, this is a quality team that could make it back to the playoffs with no changes, let alone the #1 overall pick).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 27 2008, 10:50 PM
Post #68

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

If the Bulls sign Thibideau, that would ease my hate for what we lost in the D'Antoni situation. This guy is certified, he's got a championship ring, and the Celtics had the best defense in the league this year.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Jun 29 2008, 06:11 AM
Post #69

Skills Competitor

Member No.: 52

Anyone know when/if the Bulls will be in the rookie league? I've only been able to find details on the vegas league and the Bulls are going to be there.

The vegas leage is lot more organized then the one in orlando...

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 29 2008, 01:22 PM
Post #70

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

for the sumer league i want to see the bulls bring in chris lofton, i just realized he went undrafted. eventhough we have alot of gaurds and he probably wont make the team, it would be nice to give him a shot and maybe send him to the d-league. who do you guys want to see the bulls bring in?

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 30 2008, 04:27 PM
Post #71

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i was bored and looking at all the players websites and tyrus thomas is new, and pretty sweet. it says his weight is 230 lbs...wasnt he like 215 when he came in? also on thabo's it says he is now a father
I would like to announce that I'm a happy Daddy of a young and wealthy girl named "Lesedi", she was born on May 15th, 2008.
derrick rose's is also updated and it has bulls all over the place.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 07:57 PM
Post #72

All-Star

I can't remember where, but I did see somethign which confirms CBF's initial post which indicated he had grown an inch.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 08:08 PM
Post #73

All-Star

With Maggette and Brand becoming UFA's, I wouldn't expect any team significantly under the cap to make a serious offer at Deng or Gordon. This likely will impact there market values and as such, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Bulls sign both of these guys to the exact extension they offered last year (in fact, they could probably play hard-ball and get them to sign lesser deals). I'm sure you could get Deng to take a lesser deal, less sure about Gordon as he thinks higher of himself than he really is (not necessarily a bad thing) and may not be willing to take the hit to his ego.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 08:09 PM
Post #74

All-Star

Baron Davis will also be joining the free agent ranks as he has opted out.

Note: Brand was quoted as saying he hopes to rejoin the Clippers (and I think he'll give them strong consideration).

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 30 2008, 08:30 PM
Post #75

Superstar

Member No.: 73

One of Maggete and Brand will be gone next year, I'm thinking its going to be Maggete. For some reason I keep envisioning him on the Miami Heat, I don't know how that'll workout, ha.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
8 User(s) are reading this topic (8 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:17 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home