> Elton Brand proposed trade, Involves Hinrich & Gooden or Tyrus
Chisoxfn
post Jun 29 2008, 08:54 PM
Post #1

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 3

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9278

Interesting, I've seen a bunch of articles recently talking about how the Bulls would absolutely love to get Brand. I think either of this deals would be more than fair in my eyes. Well, as long as Brand passes the physical they are fair.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 29 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #2

All-Star

Member No.: 43

I like it A LOT assuming the achilles isn't a lingering issue.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 29 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 12

Do. It. Either deal...do it.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 29 2008, 10:31 PM
Post #4

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

if it is hinrich and gooden for brand do it. im not giving up on tyrus yet, i think this will be his year.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jun 29 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #5

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

That would make me so happy to see Brand back in Chicago. I've been talking about wanting to bring him back for a long time now, and I really hope it happens.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 29 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

He was on the radio the other day talking about how he'd love to come to Chicago if it ever happened!

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 29 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #7

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

He was on the radio the other day talking about how he'd love to come to Chicago if it ever happened!

nice. we are trying to bring everyone home. lol

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jun 29 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:40 PM) *
if it is hinrich and gooden for brand do it. im not giving up on tyrus yet, i think this will be his year.

Tyrus will NEVER consistently produce like Brand. That is a guarantee. If all it takes is Tyrus/Hinrich, you do that deal and run away laughing like little girls.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 29 2008, 11:55 PM) *

Get his ass on board!

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jun 30 2008, 07:27 AM
Post #9

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Jun 29 2008, 11:40 PM) *

Yeah you are if it gets us Brand, lol.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 09:56 AM
Post #10

All-Star

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 29 2008, 09:55 PM) *

I guess the question is do the Bulls believe in Tyrus Thomas and if so, what do they expect the Bulls timetable to be. Is a low to mid 30's Brand better than Tyrus Thomas in 3 years time when the Bulls are probably going for the title? Obviously Brand is superior now and there is a good chance he'll still be superior than, but if the Bulls believe in Tyrus than that is the only legitimate reason I could see passing on the proposed deal (assuming Elton is healthy).

I'd prefer Gooden/Hinrich simply because it enables the Bulls to keep there youth and I have no problem giving Tyrus one more year, however, if it took Hinrich/Tyrus I'd have absolutely zero problem doing it.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 30 2008, 02:01 PM
Post #11

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30 2008, 11:05 AM) *
I guess the question is do the Bulls believe in Tyrus Thomas and if so, what do they expect the Bulls timetable to be. Is a low to mid 30's Brand better than Tyrus Thomas in 3 years time when the Bulls are probably going for the title? Obviously Brand is superior now and there is a good chance he'll still be superior than, but if the Bulls believe in Tyrus than that is the only legitimate reason I could see passing on the proposed deal (assuming Elton is healthy).

I'd prefer Gooden/Hinrich simply because it enables the Bulls to keep there youth and I have no problem giving Tyrus one more year, however, if it took Hinrich/Tyrus I'd have absolutely zero problem doing it.

Before we got Rose I was thinkin that Gordon was going to be the odd man out, but the more I hear Pax talking about how Gordon will become a better player because of Rose the more I think less that he will be traded. I don't know how much I should be reading into this but, Paxson has mentioned Gordon, Tyrus, Joakim, Thabo, and Larry as players that will become better because of Rose, yet he hasn't mentioned Luol's name once (That I have heard). Maybe its Deng that is becoming the odd man out?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 30 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ Jun 30 2008, 01:10 PM) *
Before we got Rose I was thinkin that Gordon was going to be the odd man out, but the more I hear Pax talking about how Gordon will become a better player because of Rose the more I think less that he will be traded. I don't know how much I should be reading into this but, Paxson has mentioned Gordon, Tyrus, Joakim, Thabo, and Larry as players that will become better because of Rose, yet he hasn't mentioned Luol's name once (That I have heard). Maybe its Deng that is becoming the odd man out?

The only way that Deng being the odd man out makes sense is if you've targeted a young, potentially better SF as his replacement, because no one wants Nocioni holding down that spot. Interestingly, I think Denver might well be shopping one of those.

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Jun 30 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #13

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jun 30 2008, 01:34 PM) *
The only way that Deng being the odd man out makes sense is if you've targeted a young, potentially better SF as his replacement, because no one wants Nocioni holding down that spot. Interestingly, I think Denver might well be shopping one of those.

There is also a guy named Andre Iguodala out there. However, I've seen where Paxson has indicated that Rose will make Deng better and I fully believe Deng is still in the Bulls plans despite a down season.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jun 30 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 30 2008, 01:46 PM) *
There is also a guy named Andre Iguodala out there. However, I've seen where Paxson has indicated that Rose will make Deng better and I fully believe Deng is still in the Bulls plans despite a down season.

AI is of course just an RFA and Philadelphia is a team with cap space. If AI really wants out of Philly, then we'll see him signing his 1 year tender offer. Otherwise he's going to get locked up for a few years.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jun 30 2008, 05:20 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 163

Elton Brand back to the Bulls... HELL YES! Bring him back here Pax.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:12 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home