Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Paxson shoots down Beasley report, ESPN 1000 reporting
GreatScott82
post May 22 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #1

Bench

Group: Members
Member No.: 163

Just heard the last report and said that a source has it that Pax will select Beasily. What the hell?!? Not that Beasily is bad.. but we need a point guard!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 22 2008, 01:45 PM
Post #2

Bench

Member No.: 7

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 22 2008, 07:52 PM) *
Just heard the last report and said that a source has it that Pax will select Beasily. What the hell?!? Not that Beasily is bad.. but we need a point guard!!

I don't know how paxson would know for sure who he is selecting until he knows what type of offense and defense we are running and until he has exhausted all trade options.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 22 2008, 01:49 PM
Post #3

Bench

We are going to hear a lot of crap in the coming days. Here is some more crap...

Andrew (Hollywood, FL): Pat Riley has made it clear that Rose is at the top of his board. What do you think the future looks like if Rose goes first and the Heat take Beasley?

Chad Ford: (2:14 PM ET ) Good. I think Beasley would be a good fit on the Heat. I think he can play with Marion and Wade. However, it sounds like given the choice, they might opt to trade the pick or ... I'm hearing they'll also seriously consider O.J. Mayo. He's here working out with Dwyane Wade. I think they'd actually be a better combo in the backcourt than Wade-Rose because O.J. can really shoot the ball.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 22 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

The Mayo/Wade thing definitely sounds like crap to me, both guys are at their best with the ball in their hand. Putting them in same backcourt would likely hurt the efficiency of both of them, you need to pair those guys with spot-up type shooters. I suppose you could say the same thing for Rose, though he co-existed pretty well with a somewhat similar type of player in Chris Douglas-Roberts.

As for the Beasley thing, I haven't heard the comment at all, I would think it'll depend on what kind of deals, if any, they can set up by the draft.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 22 2008, 02:35 PM
Post #5

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

No, they aren't reporting this. Pax would never make this selection until working both players out as well as working the phones.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 22 2008, 02:41 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I'm pretty sure he knows he better select Rose to keep his job. He already exclaimed how great Chris Paul was which hinted that he was leaning toward Rose. Like usual, the Bulls always do things in a slow manner.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post May 22 2008, 02:44 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 22 2008, 03:50 PM) *
I'm pretty sure he knows he better select Rose to keep his job. He already exclaimed how great Chris Paul was which hinted that he was leaning toward Rose. Like usual, the Bulls always do things in a slow manner.

I wouldn't go THAT far, it's not like Beasley blows...

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 22 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #8

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ May 22 2008, 03:53 PM) *
I wouldn't go THAT far, it's not like Beasley blows...

haha I know but it seems like, atleast to me, since Rose is a hometown guy, the fans are drawn to him so much more than Beasley and if they took Beasley I think it would be a bit of a dissapointment for a while.. Plus I don't like the idea of Riley stealing both Wade and Rose from us!

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 22 2008, 02:47 PM
Post #9

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (Chicago Bulls Franchise @ May 22 2008, 03:50 PM) *

Hey Mr. President of the Derrick Rose fanclub.

Yeah, we all like Rose. Guess what? We all don't know spiff. If Pax selects Beasley, he'll do so because he thinks Beasley has the highest ceiling. This ESPN 1000 report is false, however.

The annoying thing about your post is saying he'd get fired if he took Beasley, who most people outside of Chicago feel is the better choice.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post May 22 2008, 03:18 PM
Post #10

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

you cant just base the pick on where the player is from, it seems like most people in chicago want rose just becuase he is from chicago and they think fans will like him more. i dont care where he is from. he is a great player, but i would rather have beasley like most of the country becuase the bulls have been dying for a low post scorer for a long time, and i think he has more upside. both will be all-stars but right now i think beasley is the better choice.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 22 2008, 03:29 PM
Post #11

Superstar

My thought process on this goes as so...

Why to take Derrick Rose:

- He's a leader

- He's a freak of nature for his position

- He is from Chicago and that would be cool

- Its more important to have a great point guard first, before you have a good low post player IMO

- Its a point guard's game now. Point guards are dominating the playoffs

- Rose has the ability to make others better with his driving ability that leaves wide open shots to guys like Deng and Gordon and guys hanging around the basket like Noah and Tyrus.

- We would have somebody that can actually "Pass" the ball.

- Would dramatically increase our fastbreak numbers. We have been notoriously known as thee worst fast break team in the NBA. How many times have we seen a 3 on 1 fast break that ends up with a Tyrus dribble off the leg or a Kirk Hinrich missed layup?

- We would actually have a POINT guard, and not an imitator like Kirk who's not a point guard but because of his lack of size, he's forced to play the position.

I think Beasley would be a great player like Rose and most likely will make a quicker impact in the NBA but I don't want to be known as the team that past up on the next great point guard in Derrick Rose. I almost compare this decision as to the one made by Kevin Pritchard (sp?) (Portland's GM) a year ago when he decided to take Oden over Durant. Even though Durant dominated in the stat category, Oden was just too hard to pass up because he was a physical freak at his position.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post May 22 2008, 04:06 PM
Post #12

Bench

Member No.: 163

First off i am just posting what i heard during the 2:00 pm update on ESPN 1000. I havent heard anything since, and its likely speculation from an NBA writer or some sort. Whoever edited to say "Not, im dumb" is not very nice. Believe me i want Rose more than anybody.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post May 22 2008, 04:23 PM
Post #13

I'm fresh.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 22 2008, 05:15 PM) *
First off i am just posting what i heard during the 2:00 pm update on ESPN 1000. I havent heard anything since, and its likely speculation from an NBA writer or some sort. Whoever edited to say "Not, im dumb" is not very nice. Believe me i want Rose more than anybody.

I just cleaned up the title, don't worry about it.

+Quote Post
rangercal
post May 22 2008, 04:49 PM
Post #14

Bench

shot down by PAX

http://podloc.andohs.net/dloadTrack.mp3?pr...adish080522.mp3

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post May 22 2008, 06:20 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ May 22 2008, 03:15 PM) *

If you don't listen to the whole Chad Ford interview, Pax credits it to some Florida paper, and shoots it down specifically.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 07:56 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home