Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Who to Add? Draft and Free Agency Linked, Not to mention the 2007 Draft
beck72
post May 27 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #1

12th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 62

Little is mentioned about how who the Bulls draft this year is linked with the ability to sign a free agent. The draft is at the end of June [28th?] and free agency begins in July. While most people expect the Bulls to draft Aldridge or Thomas with the #2, how will that affect the Bulls ability to get a low post scorer via free agency? Yet if the Bulls do draft a PF with the top pick, the free agents will look elsewhere. No guy wants to come into a situation where they have to be looking over their shoulders at a top pick who will get a lot of playing time in the years ahead. A team drafts a guy at #2, that guy will get every chance to succeed. That means the vet will get less and less time, probably right away.

I know there aren't many ideal options out there for power forwards or centers in free agency. There might be one via trade but I think the Bulls rightly don't want to break up the young core. IMO, the two best bets are Drew Gooden and Al Harrington.

Say the Bulls draft Brandon Roy with the #2 pick [Portland will take him with the #4--he's the drafts best bet to immediately help an NBA team], and get a PF/ C with the 16th [a solid defender and rebounder, who has upside on offense but will make an immediate impact on defense], that wouldn't affect the Bulls ability to sign a low post guy via free agency

Will it take them deeper into the playoffs? Yes. Will it make them contenders? Probably not. Yet no scenario even with the Bulls taking a big with the #2 will take the Bulls into the finals in 2007.

Here's where the Bulls taking Thomas or Aldridge this year could hurt them--the 2007 draft. Next year's draft is loaded with impact big men. Not just Oden. But guys compared to Garnett and McGrady. Of the top 10 prospects from NBAdraft.net, 6 are either PF or C's. The kid from Texas and the PF Wright bound for NC immediately come to mind. Not to mention Noah or Horford who could come into the Bulls and contribute.

The Bulls should be able to switch picks w/ the Knicks, who should be a virtual lock to be in the top 7. The Bulls can't just hope on getting Oden. But they should be able to get a PF with a much better upside than Thomas or Aldridge in next yr's draft. But if the Bulls get a project PF with the #2 this yr, that big man likely won't have a spot to play and develop.

Ideas? Other likely scenarios that take into account free agency and next yr's draft?

Here's the link to the mock 2007 draft:
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2007
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post May 27 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Your forgetting that if we drafted a PF wich IS Thomas,Aldridge,Bargnani etc that we can still sign Ben Wallace. He wouldnt be looking over his shoulder cuz we have basically nothing at canter. Tyson is already pretty much cemented his position,coming off the bench so if we can sign big Ben then we COULD go to the finals in 07.

Look at Miami, we played them better than anyone else thusfar and thats shows a good thing for the future.

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 27 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #3

12th Man

Signing Wallace won't help the Bulls with the low post scoring. Neither will Aldridge or Thomas for 2007. The Bulls can't get both a Wallace and a project #2 pick who aren't scoring options

Yet if they could sign him, i'd be all for it because of what he could bring to the Bulls on defense. Though that would mean the bulls would need scoring from the other three spots [with Wallace and Tyson as starters] and off the bench. A SG like Roy would help with that more than Thomas/ Aldridge.

And that would still leave the Bulls with a great shot at getting a top prospect PF or C in 2007 via the draft [which will be stronger than the 2006 draft].

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 27 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #4

Starter

Member No.: 118

Drafting Alridge and Signing Big Ben would be awesome for the bulls.... This is almost like the best thing that can happen for the bulls. I wouldnt be woried about our low post scoring down low... Ben can Finish strong around the basket, and as far as Alridge goes, he will have some good games here and there... That front would be waaaayyy better than what we have right now. Plus w/ Chandler and Wallace, those guys would be controling the boards like crasy. Both of them averaged over 3 offensive rebounds... There would be games when the bulls would get 5, or maybe even 10 more boards in a game over the opposing teams. And defense and rebounding is very important. Plus Ben would bring in some veteran leadership.

Our Defense is pretty good right now, but we can definately use some height, and strenth down low. Alridge, and Ben would help us out in that. Our defense would be scary. VERY SCARY. unsure.gif

If opposing teams know that they cant drive in.... WOWOWOWOW. Kirk hinrich would WITHOUT QUESTION be one of the best defenders in the league. Players would have to settle for jump shots, and we all know kirk doesnt really leave his feet and jump on everything...The Bulls defense will be scary. jpshakehead.gif

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post May 27 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 66

C - Wallace | Harrington
PF - Chandler | Aldridge
SF - Deng | Nocioni
SG - Gordon | Some draftee
PG - Hinrich | Duhon

I like it a lot!

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 28 2006, 05:10 AM
Post #6

12th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 27 2006, 07:31 PM)
Drafting Alridge and Signing Big Ben would be awesome for the bulls.... This is almost like the best thing that can happen for the bulls. I wouldnt be woried about our low post scoring down low... Ben can Finish strong around the basket, and as far as Alridge goes, he will have some good games here and there... That front would be waaaayyy better than what we have right now. Plus w/ Chandler and Wallace, those guys would be controling the boards like crasy. Both of them averaged over 3 offensive rebounds... There would be games when the bulls would get 5, or maybe even  10 more boards in a game over the opposing teams. And defense and rebounding is very important. Plus Ben would bring in some veteran leadership.

Our Defense is pretty good right now, but we can definately use some height, and strenth down low. Alridge, and Ben would help us out in that. Our defense would be scary. VERY SCARY. unsure.gif

If opposing teams know that they cant drive in.... WOWOWOWOW. Kirk hinrich would WITHOUT QUESTION be one of the best defenders in the league. Players would have to settle for jump shots, and we all know kirk doesnt really leave his feet and jump on everything...The Bulls defense will be scary. jpshakehead.gif

I do like the Ben Wallace idea. Yet with a guy like that on board, the bulls wouldn't need an Aldridge with the #2 pick. [though the draft will be done before the Bulls can start talking to free agents] They could use the 16th pick on a big like Hilton Armstrong/ Shelden Williams/ Cedric Simmons who will be able to help right away with rebounds and defense [even Thomas/ Aldridge aren't expected to help right away on offense]. If the Bulls are "playing for the future", then they should go for the guy with the most upside. That probably is Aldridge/ Thomas. Yet if they do plan on trying to win [which signing Ben to a big contract would be "win now mode" [at least three yrs for over $15 mill per], getting a project like Thomas or aldridge doesn't make sense. Esp. when next yr the draft will be even better, and they could get a player with more upside than Aldrige/ Thomas. A guy who is a sure thing, who can play the most minutes his rookie yr is what the Bulls should be looking for.

If the Bulls use the #2 pick on the next biggest need, a tall guard who can score and play defense [which would allow Kirk to play mostly PG], to rotate in with Ben G and Kirk to play significant, meaningful minutes, Brandon Roy would seem the best fit. Esp as Duhon's coming off back surgery, and is a little overmatched to begin with.

The defense would be just as good if not better with Wallace, Roy and an Armstrong/ Simmons type. Having Roy on SG's like Wade for the majority of a game can save Kirk for crunch time. Then he can put the clamps down [which is what Paxson had said during his last round of interviews following the draft selection].

If there were a free agent SG out there who can do what Roy does, then it might be a different story [or even with the 16th pick--as most guys will be gone by then]. But I don;t see any

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 28 2006, 05:16 AM
Post #7

12th Man

QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ May 27 2006, 09:09 PM)
C - Wallace | Harrington
PF - Chandler | Aldridge
SF - Deng | Nocioni
SG - Gordon | Some draftee
PG - Hinrich | Duhon

I like it a lot!

That "some draftee" for SG should be a very good scorer, and quality defender. With both Wallace and Aldridge more defensive guys, they'll need more scoring from the other three spots as starters and bench guys. At the 16th pick, the Bulls really won't have a lot of options for SG who fit that description. [And they wouldn't have the money to get a guy via free agency with a Wallace signing] They would have a few PF/ C's to pick from who can add defense and rebounding though.

Also, is that Othella Harrington you have at C?

+Quote Post
Bullseye
post May 28 2006, 12:57 PM
Post #8

Bench

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (beck72 @ May 28 2006, 05:09 AM)
That "some draftee" for SG should be a very good scorer, and quality defender. With both Wallace and Aldridge more defensive guys, they'll need more scoring from the other three spots as starters and bench guys. At the 16th pick, the Bulls really won't have a lot of options for SG who fit that description. [And they wouldn't have the money to get a guy via free agency with a Wallace signing] They would have a few PF/ C's to pick from who can add defense and rebounding though.

Also, is that Othella Harrington you have at C?

Well, a SG that would fit that description would be J.J. Redick. He is an average defender and a great scorer.

Also, that is Othella. But, maybe Schenscher would be the backup C if he continues to develop.

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 28 2006, 03:20 PM
Post #9

12th Man

QUOTE (|DaBulls| @ May 28 2006, 12:50 PM)
Well, a SG that would fit that description would be J.J. Redick. He is an average defender and a great scorer.

Also, that is Othella. But, maybe Schenscher would be the backup C if he continues to develop.

JJ may be an avg defender in college. In the pros he'll be below avg.

I like Roy because he'll be and avg to above avg defender, and he can create his own shot and for others. Reddick is a spot shooter, and more of a sixth or seventh man.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post May 28 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #10

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (beck72 @ May 27 2006, 05:02 AM)
Little is mentioned about how who the Bulls draft this year is linked with the ability to sign a free agent. The draft is at the end of June [28th?] and free agency begins in July. While most people expect the Bulls to draft Aldridge or Thomas with the #2, how will that affect the Bulls ability to get a low post scorer via free agency? Yet if the Bulls do draft a PF with the top pick, the free agents will look elsewhere. No guy wants to come into a situation where they have to be looking over their shoulders at a top pick who will get a lot of playing time in the years ahead. A team drafts a guy at #2, that guy will get every chance to succeed. That means the vet will get less and less time, probably right away.

I know there aren't many ideal options out there for power forwards or centers in free agency. There might be one via trade but I think the Bulls rightly don't want to break up the young core. IMO, the two best bets are Drew Gooden and Al Harrington.

Say the Bulls draft Brandon Roy with the #2 pick [Portland will take him with the #4--he's the drafts best bet to immediately help an NBA team], and get a PF/ C with the 16th [a solid defender and rebounder, who has upside on offense but will make an immediate impact on defense], that wouldn't affect the Bulls ability to sign a low post guy via free agency

Will it take them deeper into the playoffs? Yes. Will it make them contenders? Probably not. Yet no scenario even with the Bulls taking a big with the #2 will take the Bulls into the finals in 2007.

Here's where the Bulls taking Thomas or Aldridge this year could hurt them--the 2007 draft. Next year's draft is loaded with impact big men. Not just Oden. But guys compared to Garnett and McGrady. Of the top 10 prospects from NBAdraft.net, 6 are either PF or C's. The kid from Texas and the PF Wright bound for NC immediately come to mind. Not to mention Noah or Horford who could come into the Bulls and contribute.

The Bulls should be able to switch picks w/ the Knicks, who should be a virtual lock to be in the top 7. The Bulls can't just hope on getting Oden. But they should be able to get a PF with a much better upside than Thomas or Aldridge in next yr's draft. But if the Bulls get a project PF with the #2 this yr, that big man likely won't have a spot to play and develop.

Ideas? Other likely scenarios that take into account free agency and next yr's draft?

Here's the link to the mock 2007 draft:
http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2007

these next two years will be interesting with all of the good picks we have in the future and all the FA's

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 28 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #11

12th Man

QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 28 2006, 06:13 PM)
these next two years will be interesting with all of the good picks we have in the future and all the FA's

No doubt. It'll be interesting to see who Paxson matches the young talent he picked up and developed [Kirk, Ben, Luol, Noc] with.

What stood out to me in Pax's post lottery interviews is him trying to build a team with solid people who also have good talent.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 28 2006, 10:59 PM
Post #12

Starter

QUOTE (beck72 @ May 28 2006, 05:03 AM)
I do like the Ben Wallace idea. Yet with a guy like that on board, the bulls wouldn't need an Aldridge with the #2 pick. [though the draft will be done before the Bulls can start talking to free agents] They could use the 16th pick on a big like Hilton Armstrong/ Shelden Williams/ Cedric Simmons who will be able to help right away with rebounds and defense [even Thomas/ Aldridge aren't expected to help right away on offense]. If the Bulls are "playing for the future", then they should go for the guy with the most upside. That probably is Aldridge/ Thomas. Yet if they do plan on trying to win [which signing Ben to a big contract would be "win now mode" [at least three yrs for over $15 mill per], getting a project like Thomas or aldridge doesn't make sense. Esp. when next yr the draft will be even better, and they could get a player with more upside than Aldrige/ Thomas. A guy who is a sure thing, who can play the most minutes his rookie yr is what the Bulls should be looking for.

If the Bulls use the #2 pick on the next biggest need, a tall guard who can score and play defense [which would allow Kirk to play mostly PG], to rotate in with Ben G and Kirk to play significant, meaningful minutes, Brandon Roy would seem the best fit. Esp as Duhon's coming off back surgery, and is a little overmatched to begin with.

The defense would be just as good if not better with Wallace, Roy and an Armstrong/ Simmons type. Having Roy on SG's like Wade for the majority of a game can save Kirk for crunch time. Then he can put the clamps down [which is what Paxson had said during his last round of interviews following the draft selection].

If there were a free agent SG out there who can do what Roy does, then it might be a different story [or even with the 16th pick--as most guys will be gone by then]. But I don;t see any

I do like the Ben Wallace idea. Yet with a guy like that on board, the bulls wouldn't need an Aldridge with the #2 pick.

Why wouldnt the bulls need Alridge? Is it bad to have too many talented big guys in the future? I dont think so....

W/ Alridge and Ben, the bulls would finally have a good front court in the next couple of years. Ben Wallace isnt much of an offensive weapon, and same w/ chandler. And thats why Alridge is needed. Hes gonna be our guy that can give us 14+ points in the paint in the future. Theres really no free agent that you can count on, that will be able to do that except 4 maybe Al Harrington, but i really think he's not the right guy 4 our team. Bargnani can take Alridges place here, but i think Alridge is more NBA ready, and thats why i want him.

And another thing, im totaly w/ u in that we need a bigger defensive minded guard. But we need Big over small w/ our second pick. Geting bigger is a bigger must.

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 29 2006, 04:16 AM
Post #13

12th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 28 2006, 10:52 PM)
Why wouldnt the bulls need Alridge? Is it bad to have too many talented big guys in the future? I dont think so....

W/ Alridge and Ben, the bulls would finally have a good front court in the next couple of years. Ben Wallace isnt much of an offensive weapon, and same w/ chandler. And thats why Alridge is needed. Hes gonna be our guy that can give us 14+ points in the paint in the future. Theres really no free agent that you can count on, that will be able to do that except 4 maybe Al Harrington, but i really think he's not the right guy 4 our team. Bargnani can take Alridges place here, but i think Alridge is more NBA ready, and thats why i want him.

And another thing, im totaly w/ u in that we need a bigger defensive minded guard. But we need Big over small w/ our second pick. Geting bigger is a bigger must.

IMO, the biggest reason the Bulls don't need Aldridge is because he won't be the low post scoring option-at least for a few years. [I was watching the Pax ch 9 interview with Dan Roan Sun. night and he slipped, saying about Thomas and Aldridge, "Other teams will value their He'll add some defense and rebounding. But that kind of guy will be available with the 16th pick from the likes of Hilton Armstrong or a Cedric Simmons. The Bulls should address the low post scoring via free agency. Pax should have a handle on Gooden from his brother jim and insight from Kirk who played w/ him. The Cavs won't be able to match a $9 mill a yr deal. Harrington also can get the points the bulls need, esp with Noc able to play both the 3 and 4 like Harrington.

The Bulls need a guy who can create his own shot, and who can get the ball to others when teams try to double team [and this guy also has to be able to play solid defense]. Right now, and for the next few years, Brandon Roy fits that bill best in this draft. At a position the bulls have a need--SG. Roy can break a guy off the dribble and hit guys like Ben and Noc for open shots.

the bulls are young enough. Almost too young. With getting a college senior who can fit right in and play significant minutes, that will ease the burden on Kirk and Ben, keeping them fresh. Aldridge or Thomas will need at least 2007 to adjust to the league as both don't have the strength to pound away in the post.

With a Wallace signing, the Bulls would still need more scoring from other spots. Aldridge would be a luxury the Bulls really wouldn't need. Esp. with Tyson around just for his defense. The 16th pick should net the Bulls another big

another reason not to "settle" for Aldridge is the 2007 draft. Along with Oden, there are probably 6-7 guys with just as much upside than him. The Bulls should have a top 5 with the Knicks in total disarray.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 29 2006, 09:40 AM
Post #14

Starter

QUOTE (beck72 @ May 29 2006, 04:09 AM)
IMO, the biggest reason the Bulls don't need Aldridge is because he won't be the low post scoring option-at least for a few years. [I was watching the Pax ch 9 interview with Dan Roan Sun. night and he slipped, saying about Thomas and Aldridge, "Other teams will value their He'll add some defense and rebounding. But that kind of guy will be available with the 16th pick from the likes of Hilton Armstrong or a Cedric Simmons. The Bulls should address the low post scoring via free agency. Pax should have a handle on Gooden from his brother jim and insight from Kirk who played w/ him. The Cavs won't be able to match a $9 mill a yr deal. Harrington also can get the points the bulls need, esp with Noc able to play both the 3 and 4 like Harrington.

The Bulls need a guy who can create his own shot, and who can get the ball to others when teams try to double team [and this guy also has to be able to play solid defense]. Right now, and for the next few years, Brandon Roy fits that bill best in this draft. At a position the bulls have a need--SG. Roy can break a guy off the dribble and hit guys like Ben and Noc for open shots.

the bulls are young enough. Almost too young. With getting a college senior who can fit right in and play significant minutes, that will ease the burden on Kirk and Ben, keeping them fresh. Aldridge or Thomas will need at least 2007 to adjust to the league as both don't have the strength to pound away in the post.

With a Wallace signing, the Bulls would still need more scoring from other spots. Aldridge would be a luxury the Bulls really wouldn't need. Esp. with Tyson around just for his defense. The 16th pick should net the Bulls another big

another reason not to "settle" for Aldridge is the 2007 draft. Along with Oden, there are probably 6-7 guys with just as much upside than him. The Bulls should have a top 5 with the Knicks in total disarray.

BULLS NEED ALRIDGE, PERIOD.

All this talk about not taking him is crazy. All this talk about how we dont need him right now is CRAZY.

-So we draft Roy.... And then whats next? Are we gonna become just a perimeter team again for the next couple of years?.... O wait, we draft a big guy in the 2007 draft right? And now ur saying that the big guys we draft will take some years to develop their offensive games, and will just be there to rebound and play some D right?.... So that means that our 2007 pick wont be contributing on offense that much till what?... 2009? 2010 maybe?.... The only one who might come in right away and be ready to go and everything is Mr Oden... But i have a hard time believe the bulls will get lucky and get him.....

Let me try and make this easy... Im w/ you that Alridge wont come in here and be posting up some nice numbers on the stat sheet. (most big guys dont do this when they are barely Drafted) ) I see him having some nice games here and there... but for the most part, his first year he might avg a little bit just under 10... and who knows, he might even avg a little over that, we dont know... And just a quick question to throw at you... How many points do you think Roy will average?

Anyways, we need Alridge now, and for the future... Its okay if he's just there for rebounding and defense his first year... the Bulls averaged about a little over 97 pts, yet allowed just around 97. (im not 100% sure on this, but i remember seeing this just about a few games before the season ended, so it might have chanced a little.) IMO, the bulls weakness in defense was that we didnt have any length... Chandler was our only 6'10 over guy... and we all know he didnt stay much on the court...
W/ adding some lenght, like Alridge, and some strenght, like Ben Wallace (which i dont think we might be able to get, but u never know... and i was talking about him in my previous posts about how this would be one of the best scenarios that could happen for the bulls.) W/out question our defense would be better w/ Alridge and the main guy, Mr defensive player of the year, Ben Wallace.
With them, i could see the Bulls opponents average around 93-95 points, instead of 97. And by the end of the season, once the team starts getting used to every1, their opponents can avg around maybe even like 90 pts a game, who knows.... I think Scott Skiles is great defensive coach, and makes sure that every1 is playing D.
As far as the offense goes, just by adding Ben and Alridge, that already makes us waaayyy better. One of the biggests knocks on this years Bulls roster was that no one in our front court, (im not talking about Noc) could really catch and finish strong down low... The bulls need those easy points where the point guards, or any1 driving in, can get to the paint and dish it off to a guy w/ solid hands, and finish strong down low. Ben Wallace can do this for us right now, and players can use that one passing move.... its call something like an Alley-Oop...
I can see the bulls average about 98+ points once the group all starts gellin in... And as far as rebounding goes... I personally think this area is VERY IMPORTANT. If your team can control the boards, then that team has a great chance of wiining.... And our team w/ out question would be better than what we have right now...

Anyways, getting back to my original topic... the Bulls will need a front court player in the future who can get 13+ points... Around 16-19 would be GREAT. No one will be able to do this unless we make a trade... (probably AH, but he doesnt solve a lot of our front court problems, and we will probably have to overpay him, so i say we dont sign him) but why trade when we can ALREADY draft him?... His name is Alridge, and thats why we need to take him now, if he's available... Not wait till next year or whatever to adress our big guy scoring issue.... Lets do it now. And to repeat myself, so that hopefully there isnt any confusion... Alridge will take a few years to establish himself as a scoring threat in this league.. but thats okay... Our core right now is good, and still getting better, and we will be alright right now.
And dont get me wrong here... I really do think the Bulls need a taller guard. Its a MUST. And Roy sounds good right now... But i would rather take a talented big guy right now than a talented guard. Hopefully we can find a tall guard by a small trade, or free agency... biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
beck72
post May 29 2006, 03:08 PM
Post #15

12th Man

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 29 2006, 09:33 AM)
Let me try and make this easy... Im w/ you that Alridge wont come in here and be posting up some nice numbers on the stat sheet. (most big guys dont do this when they are barely Drafted) ) I see him having some nice games here and there... but for the most part, his first year he might avg a little bit just under 10... and who knows, he might even avg a little over that, we dont know... And just a quick question to throw at you... How many points do you think Roy will average?

Anyways, we need Alridge now, and for the future... Its okay if he's just there for rebounding and defense his first year... the Bulls averaged about a little over 97 pts, yet allowed just around 97. (im not 100% sure on this, but i remember seeing this just about a few games before the season ended, so it might have chanced a little.) IMO, the bulls weakness in defense was that we didnt have any length... Chandler was our only 6'10 over guy... and we all know he didnt stay much on the court...
W/ adding some lenght, like Alridge, and some strenght, like Ben Wallace (which i dont think we might be able to get, but u never know... and i was talking about him in my previous posts about how this would be one of the best scenarios that could happen for the bulls.) W/out question our defense would be better w/ Alridge and the main guy, Mr defensive player of the year, Ben Wallace.
With them, i could see the Bulls opponents average around 93-95 points, instead of 97. And by the end of the season, once the team starts getting used to every1, their opponents can avg around maybe even like 90 pts a game, who knows.... I think Scott Skiles is great defensive coach, and makes sure that every1 is playing D.
As far as the offense goes, just by adding Ben and Alridge, that already makes us waaayyy better. One of the biggests knocks on this years Bulls roster was that no one in our front court, (im not talking about Noc) could really catch and finish strong down low... The bulls need those easy points where the point guards, or any1 driving in, can get to the paint and dish it off to a guy w/ solid hands, and finish strong down low. Ben Wallace can do this for us right now, and players can use that one passing move.... its call something like an Alley-Oop...
I can see the bulls average about 98+ points once the group all starts gellin in... And as far as rebounding goes... I personally think this area is VERY IMPORTANT. If your team can control the boards, then that team has a great chance of wiining.... And our team w/ out question would be better than what we have right now...

Anyways, getting back to my original topic... the Bulls will need a front court player in the future who can get 13+ points... Around 16-19 would be GREAT. No one will be able to do this unless we make a trade... (probably AH, but he doesnt solve a lot of our front court problems, and we will probably have to overpay him, so i say we dont sign him) but why trade when we can ALREADY draft him?... His name is Alridge, and thats why we need to take him now, if he's available... Not wait till next year or whatever to adress our big guy scoring issue.... Lets do it now. And to repeat myself, so that hopefully there isnt any confusion... Alridge will take a few years to establish himself as a scoring threat in this league.. but thats okay... Our core right now is good, and still getting better, and we will be alright right now.
And dont get me wrong here... I really do think the Bulls need a taller guard. Its a MUST. And Roy sounds good right now... But i would rather take a talented big guy right now than a talented guard. Hopefully we can find a tall guard by a small trade, or free agency... biggrin.gif

IMO, the bulls don't want the #2 pick this yr to be a project. Aldridge, as good as he is now, will be a project. He'll get his butt kicked in the post vs. the 4's in the league until he fills out a little and learns the pro game. That's where the Bull missed Antonio Davis this past yr. Sure the bulls missed Curry's points. But AD's missing defense hurt the Bulls more.

Aldridge will play less than 20 minutes a game this year. He'll avg somewhere around 5pts and 5 reb. a game. If the Bulls add a veteran like gooden / Harrington, they can get the missing Curry points there. The 16th pick can give them the rebounding and defense they missed from Davis.

I'd expect Roy to be in the top 3 for ROY voting. He should be able to score 10-14 pts a game.

And the 2007 draft is much more than Oden. It has guys compared to McGrady, Garnett; not to mention a 7 foot center, Noah, Josh Roberts. If the bulls want a project those are the type of projects they should wait on.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:49 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home