IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Skiles pondering lineup changes, Gordon to Bench, Sef to inactive list?
Balta1701-B
post Nov 13 2007, 11:46 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Doesn't it seem like every year, after about 4-5 games of Gordon struggling, we wind up sticking him on the bench until he finds his shot? Seriously, what's with this dude? Why in the world can't we ever get a good November out of him?

And Sefalosha to the inactive list in exchange for Gardner and Griffin...that sure ought to send a message to anyone who thinks that our SG spot would be covered just fine if we had to trade Gordon. Right now, they're saying Thabo isn't even good enough to be on the 12 man roster.
A busy Monday at the Berto Center featured a 3-hour-10-minute practice, a players-only meeting and Bulls coach Scott Skiles looking at lineup changes.

Beyond all that, one comment stood out.

"After what happened right before training camp with all the [Kobe Bryant] rumors out there, to start more would be a really bad thing," general manager John Paxson said. "I'm not going there."

In other words, it's on the current batch of players to dig themselves out of this mess — for now.

"I evaluate every day," Paxson continued. "Time will tell what direction we need to go."

A lengthy players-only meeting called by Adrian Griffin is a start. So are lineup changes, with players confirming Skiles began looking at some of several different combinations in the first of three practice days before a six-game trip begins Thursday night in Phoenix.

"We're not going to do anything crazy," Skiles said. "But is 1-5 the right time? 1-9? It's not even so much the record. It's the way we've played. This is different than wanting to hold, say, two guys accountable or anything like that.

"We have to find a way to get shocked out of our malaise. It's probably going to have to come initially from me and then see what happens."

At least one known lineup under consideration features guard Ben Gordon coming off the bench, according to players.

Skiles also said he would revisit the inactive list, with both Griffin and Thomas Gardner likely to be activated. That could mean struggling second-year guard Thabo Sefolosha could get an unwanted break.

"Our spacing hasn't been good," Skiles said. "So a change may be something that hopefully provides us more spacing. The other thing is we have to get better bench performances. If that means I have to take somebody out of the lineup because I like them matching up against some second-unit guys, then that's an element too."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
72-10
post Nov 13 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #2

Rookie

Group: Members
Member No.: 160

I think Sef. needs to play more. He hasn't been given enough time, I dont think, to be what he can be. Most teams would die for a player of his type. I think we need to utilize him more. Anyone else?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 13 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

I think the ankle problems have put Gordon behind schedule this year...

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Nov 13 2007, 02:51 PM
Post #4

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

QUOTE (72-10 @ Nov 13 2007, 01:25 PM) *
I think Sef. needs to play more. He hasn't been given enough time, I dont think, to be what he can be. Most teams would die for a player of his type. I think we need to utilize him more. Anyone else?

Obviously in the article they were alluding to using Gordon in the 2nd unit bc of his shooting and matchup problems. He is so deadly when he spends most of his minutes guarding 2nd tier players.

We need to have a big guard out there to start the game and more often. I like thabo out there. But while I expect this to change soon, right now both he and Luol aren't 3pt shooters.

Move Lu to SG and bring in Noc?

Here's my ideal lineup:
Krich
Deng
Noc
TT
Smith

Bench:
BG
Wallace
Noah
Du
sef

I really really like that starting lineup. Still have 2 3pt shooters. And we're only a bit undersized at the 5. And TT should be taking the best offensive big anyway.

+Quote Post
72-10
post Nov 13 2007, 02:56 PM
Post #5

Rookie

I really like that lineup as well. I always wanted Noc to start and I think BG is just better off the bench. That way our starting line looks good, but our bench looks nice with that lineup model as well.

+Quote Post
72-10
post Nov 13 2007, 02:57 PM
Post #6

Rookie

but what about Grey? I def. think he needs to be utilized more. He is a good big man, plain and simple. he is a bit slow, but we need to find where to fit him in, instead of dismissing him.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Nov 13 2007, 03:25 PM
Post #7

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Sure glad we drafted Sefolosha and not Ronnie Brewer. Another miss by Pax.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 13 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 73

My guess is its either Gordon to the Bench or Big Ben. Most likely it will be him IMO.

PG Kirk
SG Gordon
SF Deng
PF Thomas
C Smith or Noah

We simply don't have a shooting guard capable of coming in for Gordon. It looks like Thabo's career isn't taking off like we all had thought. I'll be damned if we see Duhon in the starting lineup again..

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Nov 13 2007, 04:41 PM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i want to see jamesOn at least be activated and get a shot, im sure it will come later in the season, he can shoot better than thabo, havnt seen enough to know about his defense, thabo is probably better. maybe BG being the 6th man will wake him up alittle, i agree with wallace going to the bench as well, you cant even notice him out there because he hasnt been doing anything positive.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Nov 13 2007, 05:09 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (DutheDoduhon21 @ Nov 13 2007, 02:50 PM) *
i want to see jamesOn at least be activated and get a shot, im sure it will come later in the season, he can shoot better than thabo, havnt seen enough to know about his defense, thabo is probably better. maybe BG being the 6th man will wake him up alittle, i agree with wallace going to the bench as well, you cant even notice him out there because he hasnt been doing anything positive.

Is it possible that the what, 5 day layoff here will be enough to help Wallace get over that injury the rest of the way?

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Nov 13 2007, 06:57 PM
Post #11

Starter

I don't think they will send Big Ben to the bench. As much as it shouldn't disrupt and even motivate Gordon bc this has happened to him every single year, is as much as it would disrupt Big Ben and get him down on himself.

I would seriously doubt them benching wallace. I just hope they bring in Noc and not Duhon for BG. I am soo soooo sooooooooo tired of having a consistently undersized backcourt.

Thabo is still young. I think we all have high standards for rooks bc Kirk, BG, Deng, Noc, and even Duhon all came right in and contributed immensely. Let along all of us flashing on the amazing stagnation in the development of Baby Bulls version 1.0 (Crawford, Curry, Chandler) But they all received regular heavy minutes. It is going to take more time for someone like thabo who is not getting a chance to play through his mistakes bc this team always has another option. Don't forget he was slowed in training camp by a hamstring injury.

+Quote Post
BigEdWalsh
post Nov 14 2007, 08:59 AM
Post #12

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 973

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Nov 13 2007, 04:00 PM) *
Here's my ideal lineup:
Krich
Deng
Noc
TT
Smith

Bench:
BG
Wallace
Noah
Du
sef

I like the lineup and think it could work out. Man, I was just looking at the Bulls stats. Looking at FG pct.'s, I couldn't help but think it was like looking at White Sox batting averages early last year. Shooting has been atrocious.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Nov 14 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #13

All-Star

Member No.: 21

It is interesting to hear Skiles talking about moving Deng to the two guard spot. The Bulls have played decent D for the most part this year, so getting Noc's fire and post game on the front line, should be a bigger help than the D they lose with Deng matching up with a guard.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Nov 14 2007, 03:56 PM
Post #14

Starter

if you have TT, Noc, and Deng in the starting lineup one word comes to mind. Versatile.

With those three, the bulls can pick advantageous match ups b/c any of them COULD guard a 2,3, or 4.

TT is fast enough to stay with any sfs and Noc would be better agst stronger pfs if they aren't too tall. There are no teams in the league, besides the celtics, who have firepower at all three spots, so you can hide anyone who doesn't match up well

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Nov 14 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I don't like Nocioni starting at all. He has regressed so much over the last two years, that contract they gave him was laughable for a role player, although same could be said for Ben Wallace.. He doesn't do anything for the Bulls other than throw up shots and if they go in, good, if they don't its bad. He plays horrendous defense, and is a step slow on every dribble drive. The one thing he does great on defense is draw charges, thats about it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home