Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bulls Vs. T-Wolves, Preseason game 3, 10/14/08, 7:30 CST, CSN
Balta1701-B
post Oct 14 2008, 10:38 AM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Bulls versus Minny tonight. Bulls a little bit banged up still. Noah practiced yesterday wearing goggles to protect his eye. Gordon was hoping to be back yesterday but still couldn't practice and will sit again tonight. Nocioni is complaining about general aches and pains, right knee tendinitis, and says he's playing badly right now (This kind of admission would cause Boylan to play him an additional 20 minutes. Hopefully VDN doesn't follow that line). Rose was dealing with a death in the family, not sure if he'll be playing tonight or not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CryptViLL
post Oct 14 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #2

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

wish nocioni was 100% healthy... to bad sad.gif

condolences to rose

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 14 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #3

Superstar

The more 28-9 first quarter leads I see from the Bulls this season, the happier I'll be.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 14 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Deng Nails a 3 on an assist from Rose....

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 14 2008, 07:46 PM
Post #5

Superstar

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 14 2008, 06:11 PM) *
The more 28-9 first quarter leads I see from the Bulls this season, the happier I'll be.

And the fewer of them we blow, the better

+Quote Post
MB33
post Oct 14 2008, 08:10 PM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 477

deng needs to drive the ball more he relies too much on his jumpshot

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Oct 15 2008, 06:56 AM
Post #7

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

Behold Mr. Rose. The Bulls have someone who can finish at the basket. Someone who can force Nocioni into positions to take uncontested jump shots instead of allowing him to take stupid contested jump shots...

Stacy King put it best. The team needs to adjust to Rose. Rose should not be adjusting his game to his teammates (well, at least offensively).

I'd love to see this line up when the Bulls are rallying to whittle down a big league:

Pg: Rose
Sg: Gordon
Sf: Deng
Pf: Nocioni (If healthy)
C: Tyrus or Noah

You'll have Rose creating shots for three VERY efficient jump shooters.

Sure they'll be small and not too effective defensively, but that group will score in bunches and hopefully we'll get just enough defense to keep the other team from keeping up with them.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 15 2008, 09:01 AM
Post #8

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I now think Rose can become a 10 apg man in this league sometime. In his limited time he's dishing out assists left and right. It's great to see. He obviously needs to take care of the ball better though but I can live with it if he's going to take over games in the end and put his teammates in good positions to score.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 15 2008, 09:50 AM
Post #9

Superstar

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Oct 15 2008, 05:56 AM) *
Sure they'll be small and not too effective defensively, but that group will score in bunches and hopefully we'll get just enough defense to keep the other team from keeping up with them.

It's not the fault of anyone in that lineup...but I detest that lineup. Mr. Boylan permanently soured me on the 1 big guy lineup last year; every damn time he went to it the other team went on a run and he was baffled about why it happened and why they couldn't finish in the 4th quarter. You can't finish in the 4th quarter Mr. Boylan because you can't get a damn rebound, that's why!

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Oct 15 2008, 10:51 AM
Post #10

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Oct 15 2008, 10:50 AM) *
It's not the fault of anyone in that lineup...but I detest that lineup. Mr. Boylan permanently soured me on the 1 big guy lineup last year; every damn time he went to it the other team went on a run and he was baffled about why it happened and why they couldn't finish in the 4th quarter. You can't finish in the 4th quarter Mr. Boylan because you can't get a damn rebound, that's why!

I loathed it last year (and really wasn't a fan of nocioni at PF at all) as well. But I think the addition of Rose I think makes it a whole lot more viable. Almost everyone there can hit open jumpers at a really good clip, and I'm confident that Rose will be creating the open shots and finding them. Like I said they will struggle a little on defense but few teams will be able to keep up with their scoring proficiency.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Oct 15 2008, 12:42 PM
Post #11

All-Star

Member No.: 43

That's actually a VERY woeful defensive lineup when you think about it. No one on the floor in that group can defend one on one in the post (well, okay, Noah a bit, but not a true banger) AND your perimeter defense is suspect with two smaller guards. When they threw that lineup out there last year (well, with Kirk obviously and Gooden a bit more often) they got lit up from the perimeter roughly as often as they did inside. Remember that New Jersey game when they blew that huge lead? That was mostly 3's. I'm pretty sure Indiana did it to us once or twice too. The Bulls were actually one of the worst in the league in 3-point D, allowing their opponents to shoot 38% from behind the arc. Gordon and Kirk don't really have the length to bother the shot when they close out with any kind of regularity. I don't know how much of a difference putting in Rose instead of Kirk makes, I kind of doubt it's huge.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Oct 16 2008, 12:45 AM
Post #12

Skills Competitor

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 15 2008, 01:42 PM) *
That's actually a VERY woeful defensive lineup when you think about it. No one on the floor in that group can defend one on one in the post (well, okay, Noah a bit, but not a true banger) AND your perimeter defense is suspect with two smaller guards. When they threw that lineup out there last year (well, with Kirk obviously and Gooden a bit more often) they got lit up from the perimeter roughly as often as they did inside. Remember that New Jersey game when they blew that huge lead? That was mostly 3's. I'm pretty sure Indiana did it to us once or twice too. The Bulls were actually one of the worst in the league in 3-point D, allowing their opponents to shoot 38% from behind the arc. Gordon and Kirk don't really have the length to bother the shot when they close out with any kind of regularity. I don't know how much of a difference putting in Rose instead of Kirk makes, I kind of doubt it's huge.

I agree completely with your assesment (well everything but this: "I don't know how much of a difference putting in Rose instead of Kirk makes, I kind of doubt it's huge.")

I wouldn't want that line up in there in a close game, or in with a big league. However if the Bulls are down 20 or more points. I think this line up will be scoring in bunches. The other team clanks 3 shots and all the sudden the Bulls have shaved the league by 9 points.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Oct 16 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #13

Skills Competitor

P.s. anybody notice how Deng played 44 minutes in a preseason game? WTF?

What the hell is the deal there. According to post game quotes Vinny tried to sub for him a few times, but Deng kept waiving him off. I really think Del Negro should be commanding a little more respect from his players. Especially when we're talking about 80 million dollar player with an injury history, who is coming off a summer of international play, and its the FREAKING PRESEASON!

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Oct 16 2008, 09:52 AM
Post #14

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Oct 16 2008, 01:45 AM) *
I agree completely with your assesment (well everything but this: "I don't know how much of a difference putting in Rose instead of Kirk makes, I kind of doubt it's huge.")

I wouldn't want that line up in there in a close game, or in with a big league. However if the Bulls are down 20 or more points. I think this line up will be scoring in bunches. The other team clanks 3 shots and all the sudden the Bulls have shaved the league by 9 points.

I should clarify, I don't think Rose makes a huge difference in stopping the other team, his penetrating skills are a huge difference.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Oct 16 2008, 03:24 PM
Post #15

Superstar

Member No.: 73

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Oct 16 2008, 01:49 AM) *
P.s. anybody notice how Deng played 44 minutes in a preseason game? WTF?

What the hell is the deal there. According to post game quotes Vinny tried to sub for him a few times, but Deng kept waiving him off. I really think Del Negro should be commanding a little more respect from his players. Especially when we're talking about 80 million dollar player with an injury history, who is coming off a summer of international play, and its the FREAKING PRESEASON!

Well atleast he wants to be in there, unlike Ben Gordon..

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:01 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home