IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> mavs interested in P.J Brown, what would we want to get for him?
bulls91
post Feb 21 2007, 04:04 PM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 70

according to the article the mavs are interested in P.J Brown. I was thinking that we should get a good trade for him because he has a expiring contract and they need to get out of debt but they do not have anything that is useful to us no low post scorers no nothing except guards and second round draft picks which we have enough of already. So there is nothing that we will get worth value in return. I say no to the trade and find some other team to trade for that will help us.

What do you all think here is the article.

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/sports/266096,211SPT8.article
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Feb 21 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #2

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I want to send him to sacramento for shareef abdur rahim, check the other thread for my posting on this. But people seem to forget he has been an allstar and put up excellent numbers for a very long time 18.5ppg, 7.7rpg, 2.6apg career avgs, and is only 30. And he's available as the kings need to get cap space. They want PJ.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 21 2007, 07:15 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (sport1016 @ Feb 21 2007, 02:19 PM) *
I want to send him to sacramento for shareef abdur rahim, check the other thread for my posting on this. But people seem to forget he has been an allstar and put up excellent numbers for a very long time 18.5ppg, 7.7rpg, 2.6apg career avgs, and is only 30. And he's available as the kings need to get cap space. They want PJ.

If the Kings would actually do that deal, the Bulls should jump at it. Absolutely jump at it. Don't care about the height difference, or the fact that the Kings would have to toss something in to make the salaries work...Get a guy signed to a non-future-hindering contract who can at least score some in the post without having to give up any of the big 6 pieces or the Knicks pick, and avoid winding up holding onto PJ Brown'd contract to the end of the season, that would be such a beautiful way to end this matter.

He wouldn't be the greatest offensive threat of all time down there, but with the talent we have on the wings we don't need that, we just need a little more than what we have.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Feb 21 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

If we aren't getting Gasol then yes, PJ for Shareef is fine with me. Maybe then we can get Bonzi too by trading sweets and we will have two former Sacramento players biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
taurus515th
post Feb 21 2007, 09:08 PM
Post #5

Rookie

Member No.: 161

I wouldnt might getting SAR. Id would not want to trade P.J. Brown for him tho. Id much rather trade Malik Allen, Mike Sweetney, and our 2 2nd round picks for him.

To me P.J. Brown and Malik Allen are basically the same type players only Brown is better and since hes better id much rather keep him.

-Brown is a better defensive player
-Better help at PF with Wallace
-Better veteran
-Taller

Id rather have our big men be Brown, Wallace, SAR, and Thomas rather than Allen, Wallace, SAR, and Thomas since 2 of our bigs dont play much defense on the second one. Since we dont have an all-star post-player we can atleast play good defense and give those type of post-players alittle bit of a challenge since they we have to score over Brown, Wallace, or Thomas (great defensive players instead of only 2 while 1 is a rookie and wont get much calls).

Although SAR is not known 2 much on his defensive side we have Wallace that will take care of that while he can give us 12 ppg and is more reliable 4 when our players are having a bad shooting night or our opponents use zone defense on us.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Feb 21 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Feb 21 2007, 07:01 PM) *
I wouldnt might getting SAR. Id would not want to trade P.J. Brown for him tho. Id much rather trade Malik Allen, Mike Sweetney, and our 2 2nd round picks for him.

To me P.J. Brown and Malik Allen are basically the same type players only Brown is better and since hes better id much rather keep him.

-Better veteran
-Taller

Id rather have our big men be Brown, Wallace, SAR, and Thomas rather than Allen, Wallace, SAR, and Thomas since 2 of our bigs dont play much defense on the second one. Since we dont have an all-star post-player we can atleast play good defense and give those type of post-players alittle bit of a challenge since they we have to score over Brown, Wallace, or Thomas (great defensive players instead of only 2 while 1 is a rookie and wont get much calls).

Although SAR is not known 2 much on his defensive side we have Wallace that will take care of that while he can give us 12 ppg and is more reliable 4 when our players are having a bad shooting night or our opponents use zone defense on us.

I'm honestly not sure which of those 2 options I'd prefer, but if the Kings would take either one, I'd be willing to jump at it.

If the Bulls trade away Brown, they manage to get something hopefully of decent value in exchange for an expiring contract, which is what I want them to do.

On the other hand, subtracting some depth in exchange for getting a quality player is the other thing I'd like them to do, and the other option (which does work in the trade machine whereas Brown straight up for SAR does not). And if PJ has been working with TT, as has been reported, keeping him around for a full season might not be a bad thing.

Either way, if the Kings are willing to do it, I pull the trigger.

+Quote Post
sport1016
post Feb 21 2007, 11:13 PM
Post #7

Starter

Group: Global Moderators

Member No.: 98

I really hope this happens. I understand the gasol thing is dead, but pax has the assets to get at least SOMEONE before tomorrow afternoon. He really needs to do something.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Feb 22 2007, 08:08 AM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (taurus515th @ Feb 21 2007, 09:01 PM) *

-Better veteran
-Taller

The Kings don't care about PJ Brown the player, they care about the expiring contract. They would have no interest in the rest of that package.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:38 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home