Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Oden is at 290 pounds!! Yikes
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 18 2007, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Members
Member No.: 73

Do you guys think this is good or bad for him? I mean, he does have a bad knee so putting on all the muscle is going to put too much weight on that already sore knee. He looks fat faced to me now. I liked the old Oden. I saw him the other day on TV and he looked totally different than he did at Ohio State. Sure its muscle but what do you guys think about this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 18 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

If he's up to 290 and it's mostly muscle, he's going to dominate the world. Where did you hear this?

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Dec 19 2007, 07:24 AM
Post #3

All-Star

Member No.: 21

The weight is what finally slowed down O'Neal in his career. Hopefully Oden is smart about the playing weight for his own sake.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 19 2007, 12:45 PM
Post #4

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Dec 19 2007, 07:33 AM) *
The weight is what finally slowed down O'Neal in his career. Hopefully Oden is smart about the playing weight for his own sake.

Well, what finally slowed down Shaq is that he got fat and lazy the last few years. He basically did nothing in the off-season and wouldn't round into game-shape until mid-February or so. There were times when Shaq was pushing 350. Plus he didn't really drop under All-Star levels until last year, when he turned 34.

Oden is still young enough that it shouldn't really be an issue as long as the knee heals, and he's already doing light workouts. The bigger thing is going to be how it affects his mobility, and considering he was already around 275 at the end of his college season I wouldn't think it'd be a huge difference. He's going to have to avoid the nagging foot issues too, a lot of big guys get that, especially if you're that big.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Dec 19 2007, 02:43 PM
Post #5

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Dec 19 2007, 07:33 AM) *

That and becoming old. He dominated for years and won 4 championships... I'd think the Trailblazers would settle for that.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 19 2007, 08:25 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Here is the article.. http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/stor...792759804623200

+Quote Post
Brian
post Dec 30 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #7

Bench

Member No.: 106

Need to see pics. Muscle or fat?

+Quote Post
Chisoxfn
post Dec 31 2007, 07:09 PM
Post #8

All-Star

Member No.: 3

If it is muscle it is probably a good thing. I'm sure throughout his physical therapy regime they are working incredibly hard on his knee and his leg will probably end up being stronger than ever due to him working on it on a day to day basis for an extended period of time (something he probably has never done before in his life).

If it is fat, than thats another story and I would agree that for the most part there is probably some benefit to being a little thin, but than again when you are 7FT, approaching 300 pounds (if it is all muscle isn't a big deal).

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jan 4 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #9

6th Man

Member No.: 781

well the knock on young guys coming into the league is taht their bodies just are built up enough to hang with the big boys and this is critical for guys like oden who is going to be facing all the great centers and forwards in the west like duncan, stoudamire and yao. hes just trying to stay ahead of the game.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:05 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home