IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> March 31st Bulls vs Cavs, This one is HUGE!
truthandbasketba...
post Mar 31 2007, 02:19 AM
Post #1

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 256

Big game today, a win here would be a godsend!!! bullssmilie1.jpg bullssmilie1.jpg bullssmilie1.jpg
Here's a preview of the game from NBA.com

Bulls Could Take Second Place When They Host Cavaliers
By SANTOSH VENKATARAMAN, STATS Editor
Posted Mar 30 2007 2:44PM

The Chicago Bulls enter Saturday's game in fifth place in the Eastern Conference. A victory over LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers would move the Bulls all the way into second.

Chicago (43-30) trails Cleveland (43-29) by just a half-game in the conference. Both teams are chasing Detroit for the Central Division lead and top seed in the East.

Because the three division winners are guaranteed spots in the top four, the Bulls are in fifth despite owning the third-best record in the conference. They would, however, have home-court advantage over the fourth seed in such a scenario by virtue of their better record.

The second seed would be advantageous for both teams for a number of reasons. First, the second seed will likely play a team with a losing record in the first round of the playoffs, while the fifth seed will play a division champion.

Also, the team that finishes second would be on the opposite side of the bracket from the top seed, while the fifth seed would be in line for a possible meeting with the East's best team in the conference semifinals.

All that makes Saturday's game a critical one. The Bulls have won two of three meetings with the Cavaliers this season and can clinch the tiebreaker between the teams with a victory.

"We're looking at the standings every day," Bulls guard Ben Gordon said. "We've got Cleveland up next, and every game is really important for us."

Chicago has done an excellent job of limiting James' playmaking ability in winning the last two matchups. James averaged 31.0 points, but just 2.5 assists, in those two losses.

In the Cavs' lone win over the Bulls this season, James had 19 points and a season-high 12 assists in a 113-94 victory Nov. 9.

Chicago is on its second four-game winning streak of the month, having clinching a playoff spot with an 83-81 victory over Detroit on Thursday. Kirk Hinrich hit two of three free throws to snap a tie with 2.8 seconds left after he drew a foul on the Pistons' Carlos Delfino.

The Bulls shot just 35.7 percent - their lowest mark in a victory this season - but shut down Pistons star guard Chauncey Billups (3-of-16 shooting) and took a 2-1 lead in the season series.

Chicago has won eight of its last 10, a strong finish reminiscent of the previous two seasons. The Bulls won 15 of their final 19 in 2004-05 and 12 of 14 to close last season.

"These last nine games are important for us," Hinrich said. "The last few years we've fought hard down the stretch and we want to do that again. We've got a chance to win the conference. We've just got to take care of our business and we'll see what happens."

Cleveland has been struggling, falling to 2-4 in its last six with a 97-93 loss at New York on Wednesday. The Knicks shot 50.0 percent from the field, three days after Cleveland allowed Denver to shoot nearly 60 percent in the Cavs' 105-93 loss.

"My concern is that defensively we are not bringing it," Cleveland coach Mike Brown said. "We are not understanding what has gotten us to the level that we are at, which is at that end of the floor. We are not doing any of the things that we normally do that makes us a good defensive team. It is disappointing."

The Cavs will also have to contend with red-hot Bulls center Ben Wallace, who's averaging 8.1 points and 12.3 rebounds in March - his highest averages in a month in his first season with Chicago.

Copyright 2006 by STATS LLC and Associated Press. Any commercial use or distribution without the express written consent of STATS LLC and Associated Press is strictly prohibited

http://www.nba.com/games/20070331/CLECHI/preview.html
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 31 2007, 10:52 AM
Post #2

Skills Competitor

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 52

a win today would go a long way towards curing my hang over.

don't forget to get in your picks to click

+Quote Post
truthandbasketba...
post Mar 31 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #3

6th Man

Member No.: 256

QUOTE (TeaLeafReaderII @ Mar 31 2007, 10:45 AM) *
a win today would go a long way towards curing my hang over.
don't forget to get in your picks to click

You and me both man!!! cheers.gif bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Mar 31 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #4

Starter

Member No.: 118

bullssmilie1.jpg Big One today. Lets get it done fellas!

+Quote Post
Brian
post Mar 31 2007, 01:35 PM
Post #5

Bench

Member No.: 106

Tyrus, OH MY GOD.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post Mar 31 2007, 01:42 PM
Post #6

Starter

Member No.: 118

Tyrus Thomas playing above the rim... Having a very nice start for us

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 31 2007, 02:22 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Lol at that girl at halftime saying the Heat are the second best Eastern Conference team in the league!!!! WOW

If I were playing for the Bulls, I'd love to play the Heat the very first game of the playoffs because if you want to be the best you gotta beat the defending champs and the heat suck this year and are HIGHLY overated. I wouldn't be suprised if the Bulls dominated them in a sweep. WHO CARES if they have Shaq, he can't play anymore, and D-wade is there only dominant player. Williams is a nobody and so is the rest of there team.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 31 2007, 03:26 PM
Post #8

Skills Competitor

so close... just need to get a few stops and sink a few jumpers....

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 31 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #9

Skills Competitor

I <3 Tyrus Thomas.

I didn't know you could call timeout while lying out of bounds... what a bad call.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 31 2007, 03:40 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Ben Gordon is WAY too selfish, TYrus thomas was wide open on that last play but Gordon dribbles it off his foot and its clevelands ball with 3.0

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 31 2007, 03:41 PM
Post #11

Skills Competitor

OVERTIME!!!!!!! bringit.gif bullssmilie1.jpg

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 31 2007, 03:42 PM
Post #12

Superstar

Tyrus is the difference in this game. What a tremendous all around performance by the rookie! He is improving before our very eyes. He feels like he belongs out there and he is playing within himself. Kind of like LSU last year, during March Madness or crunch time in an NBA game he has stepped up.

+Quote Post
TeaLeafReaderII
post Mar 31 2007, 03:55 PM
Post #13

Skills Competitor

9-11 27 pts... how is that for efficiency.

How can wallace possibly be that bad at free throws... air ball

Tyrus can't do it himself.

come on wallace!!!

HE MADE A FREE THRWO!!!

TWO!!!!

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Mar 31 2007, 03:57 PM
Post #14

Superstar

Gordon cannot dribble. And I guess the refs missed that huge walk by Lebron????? Yeah im pretty sure you can't hop twice.

+Quote Post
AirScott
post Mar 31 2007, 03:58 PM
Post #15

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 40

ugh...I have an idea. let's keep giving Ben Gordon the ball in the last minute. how many of these can he miss?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:35 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home