madisonsmadhouse
post Sep 18 2007, 07:39 AM
Post #32

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 21

QUOTE (DPETE56 @ Sep 17 2007, 09:03 PM) *
who else thinks that noah is completly nuts

Dennis Rodman was completely nuts, and I wouldn't have kicked him out of Chicago.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rowand44
post Sep 18 2007, 02:16 PM
Post #33

12th Man

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 55

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Sep 18 2007, 08:48 AM) *
Dennis Rodman was completely nuts, and I wouldn't have kicked him out of Chicago.

Rodman was indeed nuts but he's one of the smarter players there was.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Sep 21 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #34

Superstar

Member No.: 23

Big Ben doing an ESPN Sportsnation Chat in about 15 minutes.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Sep 21 2007, 10:53 AM
Post #35

Superstar

Hopefully ESPN doesn't get too pissed @ me for doing this one.

Brian (NY, NY): Ben, is it just me, or do you seem to play better when you've got the full 'fro going, as opposed to the corn rows?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:40 PM ET ) No, it's not just you. I think a little bit of everybody thinks that. Maybe I do, maybe I don't.

Henry (Buffalo): How important was it to you to make a shoe affordable for all kids out there?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:40 PM ET ) It was very important. I knew when I was growing up, I couldn't afford the shoes I really wanted. This is a chance for people to buy the shoes and to help out not just the families buying the shoes, but the players playing the game. It was very important.

Kyle (Kansas): Ben, will you be wearing your Big Ben shoe this season?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:41 PM ET ) Oh yeah. Most definitely. I wouldn't ask anyone else to wear them if I wasn't wearing them.

JJ: Sup Ben. Your take on Garnett and how will you stop him. Or can you stop him at all?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:41 PM ET ) I think it's a good move for the Celtics. They're reloading and trying to make some things happen. They look good on paper. That's why we play the game.

Fred (Atlanta): What are we going to see opening night - fro or rows?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:42 PM ET ) Oh we still have yet to decide. It's going to be a surprise for everybody. It might be something other than a fro or the rows.

Hakim from Anaheim, California: Hey Big Ben, what are your thoughts on Kobe Bryant's trade demands to chicago this summer, and if he did become a bull, would you welcome his arrival? Thanks! Hakim

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:43 PM ET ) Yeah, I would welcome him. I think he could do some things to help us get to the next level.

Deegan (Kentucky): Is there any talk about any other NBA players joining your shoe line?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:43 PM ET ) Not at the moment, but we're always open.

Scott (chicago): What was your first impression of the Bulls? Has is changed at all, and what are you most excited about the upcoming season?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:44 PM ET ) I think my first impression was that they were a young team that played hard. I'm excited that they had a chance to get a year under their belt. Now I think they're hungry to get at it.

Matt (Scranton, PA): Hey Big Ben...just wondering if there's gonna be any clothing to go along with the shoe line...Thanks....GO BULLS...

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:44 PM ET ) Yeah, we're going to have sweats, T-shirts, button up shirts. We're going to have clothing.

Robbie (Chicago): Have you seen Ty Thomas this summer yet? If so how much has he improved from last season?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:45 PM ET ) I haven't seen him in person. I've talked to him. I think he's one of those guys that every year he can get in this league he's going to get better and improve.

Alan (new York, New York): hugh Bull Fan, What do you think of your new teamate Noah? what does he need to do to play on this level like he did in college. Also Tyrus Thomas looked good in the summer leauge do you think he is ready for the next level?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:46 PM ET ) I think he's going to stay active. He can't get caught up in the hype of the NBA. He just has to come out and play. As long as he plays the same as he did the last couple of years in college, he'll be all right.

Frank (Chicago): Who will the Bulls be playing in the NBA finals this season?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:46 PM ET ) Probably it will be the Suns. If the Suns are fortunate enough to get there.

Robbie (Chicago): Hey Ben whats up? So i was wodnering, do you think Deng will take the next step and become an all-star this year?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:47 PM ET ) You know, being an all star is a popularity contest. We thought he should have been an all star last year, along with Ben Gordon. As long as they keep playing like all stars, we'll be happy with that.

Tom (MI): Ben, I was a little heartbroken when you left detroit because no center can replace your defense and defense wins championships. any chance of ever goin back to the pistons?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:48 PM ET ) I don't really have any plans too. Even if I did, my defense wouldn't be as good as when I left.

Doug Chicago: Who do you think will have the biggest breakout season this year amongst the Baby Bulls?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:48 PM ET ) I think last year Luol Deng had a breakout year. I think this year it will be Tyrus Thomas.

Andre (Chicago): If the Bulls don't make it to the Eastern Conference Finals will you feel like the season was a disappointment?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:49 PM ET ) Not when you do it with a young team. It takes some time to where you're trying to go. This year, we're planning on getting to the East Finals. But if we don't, it will be another year of experience. Any time you can get the experience, it will benefit you in the long run.

Doug Chicago: Whose going to have the bigger fro this year, you or Joakim Noah?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:50 PM ET ) Joakim is going to have the biggest fro, but I have the best known fro.

Sebastian (Honolulu): Big Ben, Bulls fan here. What's your take on why the West is viewed as a much stronger conference than the East?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:51 PM ET ) I think because of the run and gun style of basketball. It's a little more attractive than the grind it out style in the East. I don't think the better basketball is in the West, I think it's in the East. We play both ends of the floor.

Scott (Chicago): Who was the one Bull that you didn't realize was that good until you played with him? Go Bulls!!!

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:52 PM ET ) Luol Deng. I knew he was long and he could get to the basket. I didn't realize how well he played on the defensive end and how much he does to change shots on the defensive end of the floor.

Fuad (Detroit, MI):: Hey Ben, do you still keep in touch with Sheed',Chauncey,Rip,Tay and those guys?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:52 PM ET ) Yeah, I talk to all of those guys. I talk to at least two of those guys every week. I keep in touch with all of them.

KC (Portland, OR): Ben, how do you see the East matching up with the West this coming season? It seems like some teams have made some good moves, including the Bulls. Is this the year that the West domination starts to dwindle?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:53 PM ET ) I definitely think that the East is going to be stronger than the West. That's still why we play the game. I guess the conference is only as good as the teams playing in it.

Nasir, Philly: Have you talked to Joe Smith? What do you think of his addition to the Bulls?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:54 PM ET ) I haven't had a chance to talk with him much. I had the chance to play with him in Detroit. I know what he's capable of doing.

Brian (Pasadena, CA): Ben, right after the "headband" incident last year, the Bulls really turned it on. Did that game feel like a turning point for the team to you guys?

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:55 PM ET ) I think sometimes you're out there and you think you're focused and you're not really focused on the job. Sometimes a distraction is a good thing. WE had a chance to talk about somethings that we weren't able to talk about.

SportsNation Ben Wallace: (12:56 PM ET ) Thanks for the support. Continue to write, call and asking questions. Go out and pick up the new Big Ben Wallace shoes at Steve and Barry's stores on Oct. 29.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Sep 28 2007, 12:12 PM
Post #36

Superstar

Captain Kirk opened up a Circuit City the other day.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 2 2007, 11:37 AM
Post #37

Superstar

Gordon drops by Oprah

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 2 2007, 11:41 AM
Post #38

Superstar

Skiles was so impressed he said Gordon's work "ranks with the greatest summers I've seen." Paxson said he saw Gordon every time he looked out from his office overlooking the court. Ditto for Deng when he wasn't playing for Great Britain.

"I don't put anything past those two," Paxson said. "Luol's just 22 years old. His best basketball is ahead of him. I can see him getting better and his average going up, his game expanding. ... I think we have two guys who have the ability to score when we need scoring."

Gordon and Deng weren't the only ones staying busy over the summer. Forward Andres Nocioni dropped about 10 pounds to ease the plantar fasciitis in his right foot that caused him to miss 28 of 29 games down the stretch and limited him in the playoffs.

He said he's pain-free. His health is an important issue for a team that relies on his energy and ability to hit the 3-pointer.
Post-Trib.

+Quote Post
madisonsmadhouse
post Oct 3 2007, 07:42 AM
Post #39

All-Star

Member No.: 21

There are two things that can derail this team

Ego and Injury.

If we avoid these problems, this is a damned good team, and I can't wait for the season to begin.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 3 2007, 10:02 AM
Post #40

Superstar

QUOTE (madisonsmadhouse @ Oct 3 2007, 06:51 AM) *
There are two things that can derail this team

Ego and Injury.

If we avoid these problems, this is a damned good team, and I can't wait for the season to begin.

And the cool thing is...as long as it doesn't involve probably just Hinrich for the long-term, this team is so deep it can deal pretty well with injuries too

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 3 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #41

Superstar

Adrian Griffin skipped practice with a sore back that also plagued him last season.
Trib blurb

+Quote Post
Schalke
post Oct 3 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #42

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,904

meh, I don't see Grif getting any minutes anyway. The only thing I remember him doing last year was that game in Milwaukee when Redd was lighting us up and Griff came in to slow him down.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Oct 3 2007, 08:04 PM
Post #43

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

will the bulls be "painting the town red" this year like last year?

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 5 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #44

Superstar

The United Center will name the arena’s club level after Lexus, Toyota’s luxury vehicle brand, under a new sponsorship agreement with the Japanese automaker.

The “Lexus Club Level” will feature seats with waiter and waitress service and other amenities, according to a statement from the Chicago Bulls. Terms of the deal weren’t disclosed.

A plus to Lexus-driving Bulls fans: There will be designated parking spots in the club-level parking lots K and C specifically for fans driving Lexus vehicles, according to the statement.

“A major trend in sports marketing is rebranding areas within an arena,” said Steve Schanwald, executive vice-president of business operations for the Bulls. “We believe our new partnership will provide Lexus with a wonderful opportunity to deliver a direct, positive message to everyone who visits the United Center.”
Link

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Oct 13 2007, 01:05 PM
Post #45

Superstar

Bulls beat the Mavs by 10 last night. Lu led the way with 18 points on 6/7 shooting. TT added 13 points, 7 rebounds, in 26 minutes. 3 Turnovers, 2 fouls, 4/7 from the field and 5/7 from the line for TT. I could probably put up with those being his numbers for most of the season. Aaron Gray put up a double double playing mainly in the 4th. Gordon, Thabo, Smith, and Griffin all still DNP. Smith's health appears to be becoming something of a concern for Skiles, who wants him in the lineup somehwat to adapt more to his new team.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home