Reply to this topicStart new topic
> W/ The 1st Pick, Blazers Select.......LaMar-, Bargs vs. Thomas
Bullies4Life
post May 13 2006, 10:03 AM
Post #1

Starter

Group: Members
Member No.: 118

Lets say the Blazers got the 1st pick, and we got the second....LaMarcus Arlridge has been picked. Blazers are thinking they will get rid of Randolph and they need some size for the future. So they will start making a team around Alridge... And they dont want to trade him.(this could happen)

Soo.... Who should Pax go after?... Tyrus Thomas or Andrea Bargnani?

Im leaning towards the Bargnani Bandwagon.I know a lot of people dont know about him.... And heck, me personally have just heard some things about him. Ive also watched a lot of highlights from this guy... but then again, they are just "highights"...

From what ive read, scouts do think this guy is the real deal... I know maybe some people are saying he could be the next Nikoloz Tskitishvili... but that guy was just based all on potential... The guy didnt play much before coming here to the NBA... As far as bargnani goes... the guy is playing in probably the best league in Europe, and a good team.And he's posting up some pretty desent numbers.

Anyways, i think Bargs would fit pretty good in our Offense. I can see the Bulls running some pick and rolls, and the guards dishing it back to bargs for some 3's, or long range jumpers... What i also like about him is that he drives a lot, and he's not afraid to take contact... so thats a good sign....

Sometimes i think to myself how it might be better if we draft him over LA... but then again.... Alridge looks pretty good right now...

And Yeah Bargs would be a project, but so is Tyrus...

So Who's with meeeee?!!! bullssmilie1.jpg
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 13 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #2

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

I'm with you. I have made it clear that I would only take Thomas as a last resort.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 13 2006, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Guests

Absolutley not! A European is considered a risk, and ive talked about why I dont like drafting them enough on this board and im not stating it again. I dont know why you guys cant see it. HES A EURO WICH MEANS THEY TAKE FOREVER TO DEVELOP! And most of the time never do. This team isnt in position to be taking any sort of risks. We dont want the next darko and thats exactly what Barg is IMO. We must take Thomas if Aldridge is gone, its that simple. I dont know why people cant understand it.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post May 13 2006, 12:03 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 70

QUOTE (Bullies4Life @ May 13 2006, 09:56 AM)
Lets say the Blazers got the 1st pick, and we got the second....LaMarcus Arlridge has been picked. Blazers are thinking they will get rid of Randolph and they need some size for the future. So they will start making a team around Alridge... And they dont want to trade him.(this could happen)

Soo.... Who should Pax go after?... Tyrus Thomas or Andrea Bargnani?

Im leaning towards the Bargnani Bandwagon.I know a lot of people dont know about him.... And heck, me personally have just heard some things about him. Ive also watched a lot of highlights from this guy... but then again, they are just "highights"...

From what ive read, scouts do think this guy is the real deal... I know maybe some people are saying he could be the next Nikoloz Tskitishvili... but that guy was just based all on potential... The guy didnt play much before coming here to the NBA... As far as bargnani goes... the guy is playing in probably the best league in Europe, and a good team.And he's posting up some pretty desent numbers.

Anyways, i think Bargs would fit pretty good in our Offense. I can see the Bulls running some pick and rolls, and the guards dishing it back to bargs for some 3's, or long range jumpers... What i also like about him is that he drives a lot, and he's not afraid to take contact... so thats a good sign....

Sometimes i think to myself how it might be better if we draft him over LA... but then again.... Alridge looks pretty good right now...

And Yeah Bargs would be a project, but so is Tyrus...

So Who's with meeeee?!!! bullssmilie1.jpg

i am going to say that we take Roy if aldridge is gone then we will just have to go deeper in to the FA then we wanted to and get nene and gooden possibilty nazr. then with the 16th pick go with O'
bryant or Armstrong

what do you think? huh.gif

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 13 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Guests

QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 13 2006, 11:56 AM)
i am going to say that we take Roy if aldridge is gone then we will just have to go deeper in to the FA then we wanted to and get nene and gooden possibilty nazr. then with the 16th pick go with O'
bryant or Armstrong

what do you think? huh.gif

I like Roy but number 2 is way too high for him.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 13 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #6

Superstar

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 13 2006, 11:06 AM)
Absolutley not! A European is considered a risk, and ive talked about why I dont like drafting them enough on this board and im not stating it again. I dont know why you guys cant see it. HES A EURO WICH MEANS THEY TAKE FOREVER TO DEVELOP! And most of the time never do. This team isnt in position to be taking any sort of risks. We dont want the next darko and thats exactly what Barg is IMO. We must take Thomas if Aldridge is gone, its that simple. I dont know why people cant understand it.

Oh my goodness. you have got to stop your Tyrus Thomas love-fest. It's getting out of hand. All Europeans take time to develop, GMAB.

Ever heard of Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic, Arvydas Sabonis, Predrag Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Vladimir Radmanovic, Marko Jaric, Radoslav Nesterovic, Andrei Kirilenko, Manu Ginobili (although Argentinian, drafted out of Italy), Hidayet Turkoglu, Pau Gasol, Mehmet Okur, Nenad Krstic, Darko Milicic (who has been nothing short of phenomenal since joining Orlando), Mickael Pietrus, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Boris Diaw, and Tony Parker?

+Quote Post
bulls91
post May 13 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #7

6th Man

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 13 2006, 12:57 PM)
I like Roy  but number 2 is way too high for him.

not really he has people saying that in one or two years he could be the next wade i know that it is potential but down the road and he does we will not regret it.

+Quote Post
bulls91
post May 13 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #8

6th Man

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 13 2006, 02:56 PM)
Oh my goodness. you have got to stop your Tyrus Thomas love-fest. It's getting out of hand. All Europeans take time to develop, GMAB.

Ever heard of Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic, Arvydas Sabonis, Predrag Stojakovic, Vlade Divac, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Vladimir Radmanovic, Marko Jaric, Radoslav Nesterovic, Andrei Kirilenko, Manu Ginobili (although Argentinian, drafted out of Italy), Hidayet Turkoglu, Pau Gasol, Mehmet Okur, Nenad Krstic, Darko Milicic (who has been nothing short of phenomenal since joining Orlando), Mickael Pietrus, Aleksandar Pavlovic, Boris Diaw, and Tony Parker?

also nocioni he was also an agrentian but it took him olny two years and will be an all star some day.

+Quote Post
Guest_The Gladiator_*
post May 13 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #9

Guests

Ever heard of Dalibor Bagaric,Darko Millicic (Who sucks even on orlando, I believe hes avg like 6 ppg and 3 rbpg), Nicholi Schitishvili, Martynas Andriuskevicius,Zalgiris Kaunas , Shawn Lampe, Slavko Vranes ,Lionel Simmons ,Bo Kimble ,Yinka Dare ,Ed O’Bannon ,Trajan Langdon , o the list goes on and on.. its not even close. Europeans are RISKS and we arent in a place to take one unless it was mid draft but we have the number 2 pick, we need Aldridge or Thomas. I wouldnt mind taking one with the 16th but defenatley not 2.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Ever
post May 13 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #10

12th Man

Member No.: 117

wow.. excelent post there bud...

the thing i like about barnani:

-proven himself in Europe as opposed to Darko..
-can spread the floor big time
-makes the 3 ball look easy (well i cant really say that becuase i havent watched him play.. but ive seen highlights of games where he makes like 4 threes in a game
-can put the ball in the floor and dunk
-the guy can create monster matchups
-has good lateral movement to play in Skiles system

at first i wasnt a fan of this guy.. I was just like gladiator when i first heard about this guy.. (i didnt know much) .. but know i do know something about him...
and can play the game like Nowitski can... (shoot 3s, dribble, dunk)

and also at first i didnt think he would fit in our system...

but wow.... can u imagine this...

lets take this scenerio:

Ben playing the point.... dribbling across mid court... Barnani sets a pick ... perfect timing... the opposing C....(most likely Pf though) comes out to challenge the pick... Ben goes to his right.... and the C has to guard Ben now... Ben skools him past the dribble help out D comes in... but what does Ben do... he can either shoot it or look at this... he passes it back for barnani... for a wide open 3....

oh no... its a pump fake... the defender goes by flying... Barnani puts the ball on the floor and goes to his left..... help out D comes on to help and then Bargnani finds an open Hinrich on the corner for a three.....

Swwwiisshhhh

bulls win...

Barnani would be a monster with the pick and roll... We would kill Shaq and the Heat...

laugh.gif

if the guy has heart.. and shows and tells Paxson he wants to be one of the best out there.... both on offense and defense... if he has the passion for the game and is a gym rat.. im all up for taking this guy....

i think its time to start making a bargnani bandwagon....

bringit.gif

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 13 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (The Gladiator @ May 13 2006, 04:47 PM)
Ever heard of Dalibor Bagaric,Darko Millicic (Who sucks even on orlando, I believe hes avg like 6 ppg and 3 rbpg), Nicholi Schitishvili, Martynas Andriuskevicius,Zalgiris Kaunas , Shawn Lampe, Slavko Vranes ,Lionel Simmons ,Bo Kimble ,Yinka Dare ,Ed O’Bannon ,Trajan Langdon , o the list goes on and on.. its not even close. Europeans are RISKS and we arent in a place to take one unless it was mid draft but we have the number 2 pick, we need Aldridge or Thomas. I wouldnt mind taking one with the 16th but defenatley not 2.

Lionel Simmons? You mean the Lionel Simmons drafted frin Lasalle University and averaged 18 ppg in his rookie season with Sacramento? Bo Kimble? You mean the Bo Kimble from Loyola Marymount who would have averaged over 20 ppg if he had gotten the playing time. Ed O'Bannon? You mean the Ed O'Bannon drafted out of UCLA? Trajan Langdon? You mean the Trajan Langdon drafted fresh out of Duke? And no, I have not heard of Shawn Lampe.

All the ACTUAL European players you listed were drafted in an era where over-seas scouting was not too extensive. Oh, and Milicic is good.

+Quote Post
Bullies4Life
post May 13 2006, 06:05 PM
Post #12

Starter

Member No.: 118

Ever heard of Dalibor Bagaric,Darko Millicic (Who sucks even on orlando, I believe hes avg like 6 ppg and 3 rbpg), Nicholi Schitishvili, Martynas Andriuskevicius,Zalgiris Kaunas , Shawn Lampe,  Slavko Vranes ,Lionel Simmons ,Bo Kimble ,Yinka Dare ,Ed O’Bannon ,Trajan Langdon ,  o the list goes on and on.. its not even close. Europeans are RISKS and we arent in a place to take one unless it was mid draft but we have the number 2 pick, we need Aldridge or Thomas. I wouldnt mind taking one with the 16th but defenatley not 2.

Yes Euros are risks... but so are a lot of players...
But anyways, If u notice, most of those players werent drafted very high.

On the other hand, Bargnani is gonna be a player drafted high. And why is that? Because of what he can do right now, and what he has proven... I would not be surprised one bit if he went first pick overall. The guy is sooo explosive..The guy has a monster first step for being that tall. He looks for like a small foward. And the guy has raaaange....shoot 3s all day long. I would just hate for us to lose an oportunity to get a guy like Dirk for our team. And what i also like about this guy is that he doesnt really need to dominate the ball... It looks like he can shoot a wide open shot from anywhere, or drive in and finish strong, or dish it out.... Im afraid if we get a low post guy, that would slow down our ball movement at times... But thats all good too tho.

Also, the guy is from Italy... those guys are tuff. mad.gif Just like Argentinans mad.gif

And Tyrus scares me at times too. He hasnt really proven that he might be an elite Offensive player for the future. He might be able to do it, but he will need to work hard. And the last thing i want is another shorter version of a Chandler. And Tyrus's stats arent all that either... he just had a couple of good games in the tourney.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post May 13 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #13

Superstar

QUOTE (bulls91 @ May 13 2006, 03:04 PM)
also nocioni he was also an agrentian but it took him olny two years and will be an all star some day.

He was a Free Agent. He wasn't drafted.

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post May 13 2006, 06:11 PM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 27

So how many of those are actually euros? unsure.gif

I'm pretty sure the alaskan assassin isn't along with a couple others...

+Quote Post
SleepyWhiteSox
post May 13 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #15

Bench

Member No.: 27

And the thought of tyrus thomas on the same team as tyson terrifies me.

We'd be here debating which number 2 pick is more worthless.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 10:29 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home