Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 24 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 781

i think he'd be good to bring in because he's versatile enough to be a 3rd option at the 1,2, and 3. And when you figure that deng will probably go down at some point in the year, thats pretty valuable

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 24 2010, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Ugh, I don't like Rose saying McGrady and Lebron were his favorite players.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jul 24 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #4

6th Man

Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 24 2010, 04:08 PM) *
Ugh, I don't like Rose saying McGrady and Lebron were his favorite players.

I wouldn't read too much into that. There was a lot of hype on how Rose "didn't recruit" LBJ when in fact he texted LBJ and they spoke the night after the Cavs were bounced by the Celtics. Rose played that situation as well as anyone could have IMO.

Rose's relationship with LBJ won't change regardless of what happened in FA....which shows how cool of a guy Rose is.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jul 24 2010, 06:56 PM
Post #5

6th Man

If McGrady was "OK" with coming off the bench and minutes could be scarce unless he shows a few flashes of his old self again AND could be had to close to the vet minimum AND understanding he was only filling out the roster...

I guess I just stated that would probably be too much to ask of T-Mac. Besides, he had his chance in 2000 and chose Orlando. I would pass if I were the Bullies on this one.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 24 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #6

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (rockren @ Jul 24 2010, 08:56 PM) *
AND could be had to close to the vet minimum

We've got about $3 million remaining under the cap and 11 players on the roster plus D league-2nd round guys. I'd have no problem signing him for that. And if it's a 1 year deal...then he's also an expiring deal that could be traded mid-season if needbe.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 24 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #7

Superstar

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (rockren @ Jul 24 2010, 07:52 PM) *
I wouldn't read too much into that. There was a lot of hype on how Rose "didn't recruit" LBJ when in fact he texted LBJ and they spoke the night after the Cavs were bounced by the Celtics. Rose played that situation as well as anyone could have IMO.

Rose's relationship with LBJ won't change regardless of what happened in FA....which shows how cool of a guy Rose is.

It has nothing to do with recruiting and everything to do with him understanding his status as a budding superstar in the NBA. It looks goofy for someone to come out and say that. Ya, I know he's 21, but seriously. It's just weird. I want my leader to try and be better than all of his favorites. Not be wowed by the possibility of playing with them.

+Quote Post
rockren
post Jul 25 2010, 12:07 AM
Post #8

6th Man

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25 2010, 12:56 AM) *
It has nothing to do with recruiting and everything to do with him understanding his status as a budding superstar in the NBA. It looks goofy for someone to come out and say that. Ya, I know he's 21, but seriously. It's just weird. I want my leader to try and be better than all of his favorites. Not be wowed by the possibility of playing with them.

If you asked LBJ who his favorite players are/were- I'd put money he'd list Rose as one of them. He practically did say that on his post interview of "The Decision".

He and LBJ are friends- I have no problem with Rose admiring LBJ's game whatsoever in that fashion.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 25 2010, 11:39 AM
Post #9

Superstar

Member No.: 73

The interviewer really lead Rose into the answer he gave with that question. Notice how he said "IF he shows anything". McGrady was also one of my favorite players growing up, but now he's a shell of his former self because he's older and is always injured. I don't have a problem getting him on a 1 year deal because we can just cut him if he doesn't pan out or trade him mid-season. The main issue I'd have is he'd be taking away alot of minutes from Watson and Korver at the 2/3 spots. At best I can see T-Mac playing 15 mpg but can he swallow his ego for the betterment of the team? If he's willing to take a couple of DNP's and play 12-15 mpg then I don't have a problem with getting him. But there is alot of question marks with him that make me uneasy.

+Quote Post
dasox24
post Jul 25 2010, 03:03 PM
Post #10

Starter

Group: Forum Moderator

Member No.: 84

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nba/news/story?id=5408617

Looks like McGrady is definitely a legit possibility. I'd be happy if the 2 prerequisites are met for signing him - he's healthy and agrees to come off the bench.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jul 25 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #11

6th Man

Member No.: 61

hell...why not? Sounds like a low risk/high reward-type signing.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 25 2010, 04:12 PM
Post #12

6th Man

Member No.: 781

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 25 2010, 01:56 AM) *

Just cause he grew up watching mcgrady doesn't mean that he doesn't want to be better than him, or is suddently going to stop being a leader of the team

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 25 2010, 04:36 PM
Post #13

Superstar

At least as of now, McGrady couldn't be saying things more correctly.
The Bulls are prepared to sign Tracy McGrady if he proves to be sufficiently healthy in a workout Monday and can convince the team he is willing to accept a bench role, one source familiar with Chicago's thinking said Sunday.

"Nothing is done until it's done, but I expect the Bulls to sign McGrady later this week," the source said.

Another unknown is what kind of contract McGrady can command from the Bulls. But McGrady has said money and years are not priorities after earning nearly $23 million last season with Houston and New York.

Although he has expressed interest in snagging one of the spots on Miami's bench in support of the LeBron James-Dwyane Wade-Chris Bosh triumvirate and he auditioned for the Los Angeles Clippers last week, Chicago is undeniably where McGrady has been hoping to wind up.

McGrady made his desires evident in several recent messages on his Twitter feed, including his pronouncements Saturday that he has "unfinished business" with the Bulls and that it "could be fate this time round" with Chicago after drawing serious interest from the Bulls in the 1997 draft and again during free agency in 2000.

+Quote Post
GreatScott82
post Jul 26 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #14

Bench

Member No.: 163

If its between the Clippers and Bulls I'd say the Bulls have the edge here. McGrady has been working out in Chicago for a long time now trying to get his body back in shape. Not to mention the Bulls have a very competitive young team where he can rejuvinate his career.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 26 2010, 09:19 AM
Post #15

Superstar

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 26 2010, 10:57 AM) *
If its between the Clippers and Bulls I'd say the Bulls have the edge here. McGrady has been working out in Chicago for a long time now trying to get his body back in shape. Not to mention the Bulls have a very competitive young team where he can rejuvinate his career.

There's talk that the Bulls may only be willing to offer him a non-guaranteed contract. The Clippers can probably offer him more guaranteed playing time, if that's what he's after...but it'd be for the Clippers, and frankly the Bulls right now at least look a lot closer to contention, so some of that may be up to what TMac wants.

The workout and interview is supposed to be today.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:26 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home