> Thibodeau has knee surgery
Balta1701-B
post Jul 29 2011, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 23

Link
Tom Thibodeau underwent partial right knee replacement surgery on July 13 to fix a painful arthritic condition dating to an injury from his playing days at Salem (Mass.) State. Thibodeau tore cartilage in college and had his meniscus completely removed during the ensuing surgery, leaving bone to basically rub on bone for the last 30 years. Colleagues said the condition began affecting what little sleep Thibodeau bagged last season. Befitting the tough-minded team he led to a league-high 62 victories and Eastern Conference finals berth last season, Thibodeau never discussed the situation, even making light of it on Thursday. 'It's my kicking leg,' he said, in reference to his custom to stand virtually the entire game and occasionally object to calls. Thibodeau, 53, did turn serious when discussing the benefits the surgery will bring. 'I worked out every day in Boston and my previous (NBA) stops,' Thibodeau said. 'I didn't work out last year. It's good to do so again.' Indeed, Thibodeau, who said he's virtually pain-free, has been lifting weights and exercising on an elliptical machine at Berto Center.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rockren
post Aug 6 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #2

6th Man

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,947

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Jul 29 2011, 01:44 PM) *

Thibs has quickly become my role model.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 06:01 PM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home