DutheDoduhon21
post Dec 8 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 99

bulls.com
Status for Tuesday's home game versus the Knicks is TBA
Missed Monday’s practice after he needed 10 stitches to close a gash suffered when he said he rolled onto a knife while eating an apple in bed
"I was cutting up some food and I laid on a knife getting lazy in bed," Rose told the Chicago Tribun. "I went to go get a bottle of water, came back, forgot the knife was there, then sat down and sliced my arm. I panicked when it first happened and called my trainer. It was painful but I should be alright."
Rose said he would have the stitches in his arm for 10-14 days
"It’s just an unfortunate thing, but he’ll be fine," Head Coach Vinny Del Negro told the Tribune. "He could’ve practiced today but more precautionary to let him relax a little after that incident and get some rest. Thank goodness it’s not serious. It could’ve been a lot worse."

Tracked down in a United Center hallway after being benched for all of Saturday's victory over the Wizards, Joakim Noah responded with "Ask him" when a reporter from another publication asked if Vinny Del Negro warned the second-year center beforehand what was coming. Del Negro was asked and offered some of the most blunt criticism of his coaching tenure on the subject. Typically, Del Negro deals in generalities and niceties even when discussing obvious shortcomings. But he said Noah needed to do a better job in remembering plays and being in the right defensive position. And this doesn't even account for Noah's conditioning problems, which Del Negro has talked about consistently. The point is: In benching Noah and playing Tyrus Thomas just over five minutes, Del Negro is sending his loudest message yet. If these big men want to play, they need to produce consistently.

the rose thing scared me when i read the headline, i thought it was alot worse, but he should be good to go tomorrow.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Dec 8 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

dimemag.com and deadspin are all over it... poor rose

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Dec 8 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #3

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

Balta will tell you that it's the inconsistent minutes as to why Noah and Tyrus suck, not the inconsistent production.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Dec 8 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I was at the Washington game and watched the shoot around, and my god, Joakim Noah couldn't even make a succesfull shot unguarded in the post. I laughed. Tyrus doesn't even come out and work with the big guys, and when he shoots I never saw him once work in the post. He'll never be a post player, and I don't think he'll ever be a good shooter. We need to trade some of these guys.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 9 2008, 11:13 AM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 23

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 8 2008, 02:21 PM) *
Balta will tell you that it's the inconsistent minutes as to why Noah and Tyrus suck, not the inconsistent production.

With Tyrus right now yes I will make that case, because that's what my eyes keep seeing. He's no more inconsistent than any of our other key big minute guys (Seriously, Nocioni and Deng and Hughes aren't inconsistent?) but he still has more room for development than any of them. But every time he has a good game, he's rewarded with more time on the bench, while every time the other guys stink it up for several games in a row, they're rewarded with Tyrus getting more time on the bench.

Noah right now though is just turning in to something obnoxious. It seems almost certain to my eyes that he blew off the whole offseason, Tyson Chandler-the-year-before-we-traded-him style. He didn't work hard over the summer, he came in out of shape, and even the "Energy" he supplied to the team last year when he came in off the bench is gone.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 9 2008, 01:42 PM
Post #6

All-Star

Member No.: 43

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Dec 9 2008, 11:13 AM) *
With Tyrus right now yes I will make that case, because that's what my eyes keep seeing. He's no more inconsistent than any of our other key big minute guys (Seriously, Nocioni and Deng and Hughes aren't inconsistent?) but he still has more room for development than any of them. But every time he has a good game, he's rewarded with more time on the bench, while every time the other guys stink it up for several games in a row, they're rewarded with Tyrus getting more time on the bench.

He's still averaging 21 minutes per game, exactly how much court time does he have to see before we can say he sucks? It's not like he's regularly the last man on the bench that never sees any time, he's had several shots as a starter to prove himself and has consistently averaged at least 15 MPG when he's come off the bench. He has 166 games played under his belt now, 3 off-seasons since getting drafted to work on his game, and 2+ seasons of practices, a few more minutes per game isn't going to drastically change things. Maybe we should go get Darko Milicic too. Sure, he's on his third team at the age of 23 and has regularly been considered one of the worst big men in the league, but hey, no one has ever given him over 24 minutes per game yet, he still might figure it out! I'm getting really tired of the playing time excuse, eventually you have to suck it up and do something. Sure, the guys in front of him aren't great either, but at least they've shown the ability to be productive at the NBA level for more than 1 game out of every 5 and have some actual skills.

Just face it already, Tyrus is bad and the chances of him still being good are slim. He's a horrendous offensive player and though he'll occasionally make plays with his length and athleticism on the defensive end he's still getting lit up by opposing players. He's a VERY long way away from being any more than a fringe starter for defensive purposes, and to even do that he'd have to cut his bad shots and stupid turnovers.

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Dec 9 2008, 04:32 PM
Post #7

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

Tyrus freaking blows and he always will.

It's over for him.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 9 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #8

Superstar

I'll throw this blog-a-bull post out as my response.
At least in the summer when he hired Vinny, it seemed like Paxson had a plan to commit to these players. But like seemingly always, there's no plan. The coach has obliterated any idea of a reliable frontcourt sub pattern to instead give in to 'matchups'. Thomas, Noah, and Sefolosha are not only not being developed, they're regressing.

The trade season will be very interesting. Drew Gooden's putting up solid numbers on an expiring deal. Larry Hughes was likely told in that famous meeting he'll be moved if he keeps quiet and performs as a sixth man. And since he's hitting 47% of his threes (after a career at 30%. That's um, a fluke) maybe it'll work. Perhaps Paxson feels that Noc couldn't be stapled to the bench either for him to retain any trade value, even knowing that it'd mean between Noc and Hughes there's very little time for Thabo to play at all.

But, again: that'd imply a plan on Paxson's part, a bit of a micromanaging one at that. And reportedly Paxson is notoriously hands-off when it comes to coaching.

So maybe it is what it is. Vinny likes Noc's heart, Hughes' versatility. Think's Gooden has to play 40 minutes for the team to be successful, and that Aaron Gray really is good at knowing the defensive schemes, even though he can't quite move his feet enough to execute them...and thinks he can't win with their younger counterparts. Maybe Noah's a lost cause, but Thomas and Sefolosha are just victims of 'matchups'. We'll be seeing more gimmicks, more small-ball. It's the only way to compete.

So then instead of the likeliest tradees, instead Thomas, Noah and Sefolosha will be the ones dealt. Even if they succeed elsewhere, we'll be told that it just wasn't going to happen here. Paxson will have said now these are the 'character' guys we want, forget those others that were drafted based on their 'character' in the first place.

At that introductory press conference, Vinny and Pax didn't know they'd have Derrick Rose. But with a goal of building around him, why wasn't there more of a comittment to seeing if the young talent fit or not? And if they're not only ill-fitting but busting themselves off the team, why is the same guy who picked them now in charge of their replacements? Paxson should've drafted better, he should've had more of a hand in getting them better, and he should be fired before he has the chance to 'build' around Derrick Rose. But the man has a lifetime contract after participating in some tearful trust falls with Reinsdorf, so maybe he doesn't see the urgency with his recent draftees that I do. If you can't tell, I'm getting pretty sick of seeing this happen in yet another season.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 9 2008, 07:49 PM
Post #9

All-Star

It's kind of hard to have a reliable plan when your two lottery picks up front aren't playing anywhere near the level you expected. I'm not arguing that Pax should stick around long term by any stretch, but the guys on the floor aren't exactly helping his cause the last two years. No one on this team has anywhere near the value that they had two years ago.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Dec 9 2008, 08:04 PM
Post #10

Superstar

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 9 2008, 05:49 PM) *
It's kind of hard to have a reliable plan when your two lottery picks up front aren't playing anywhere near the level you expected. I'm not arguing that Pax should stick around long term by any stretch, but the guys on the floor aren't exactly helping his cause the last two years. No one on this team has anywhere near the value that they had two years ago.

At this point, it's a chicken and egg problem though.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Dec 9 2008, 09:15 PM
Post #11

All-Star

QUOTE (Balta1701-B @ Dec 9 2008, 08:04 PM) *
At this point, it's a chicken and egg problem though.

No, it really isn't. Playing time isn't the magical elixir for producing good players, they're not any more dependable when they get minutes. If they had ability they'd play more, they've both been terrible when they got chances and so they don't. Three different marginal players have beaten these guys for playing time in the last two years, what does that tell you about them? This organization had no problem playing their young guys before the Tyrus/Noah/Thabo group, Rose is getting as many minutes as he can handle and Gray is just as young. That should tell you that just maybe there's a reason they're on the bench. I don't know what else to say if you really think more playing time is the only thing seperating Thomas and Noah from being solid, dependable players.

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Dec 10 2008, 07:10 PM
Post #12

Leading Scorer

vinny gave rose a little gift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1XxgVt8NMA

laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th June 2024 - 03:00 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home