Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trade Proposal, Can this work?
BG7
post Jun 30 2007, 10:07 PM
Post #1

10 Day Contract

Group: Members
Member No.: 129

How about this trade. Does anyone think it can work?

Ben Gordon, Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah, and PJ Brown (in a sign-and-trade) for KG and Corey Brewer.

This makes our lineup look like:

PG: Hinrich
SG: Brewer
SF: Deng
PF: Garnett
C: Wallace

That is an instant championship team. Corey Brewer, in my honest opinion, will make a case for Rookie of the Year. Yes, even against Durant and Oden. Plus he brings desparately needed size and defense to the backcourt, with a good set of offensive skills.

Make it happen!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DutheDoduhon21
post Jun 30 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 99

i dont think brewer is a G, he like 6' 7, and he needs to work on his shot, but i like him alot. as far as the trade goes, i think the wolves would still want Lu, i just dont see pax doing a blockbuster trade like that. but its a good looking trade, i just dont think it will happen.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jun 30 2007, 10:39 PM
Post #3

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

While it'd be about right financially assuming that Noc and Brown both got $6 mil, there are other issues with it.

Minnesota has been EXTREMELY demanding on the talent front, they'd almost certainly be demanding Deng back (yes, I know, McHale is incompetent, we have to deal with it). You gotta remember that in the rumored deals they're getting back guys like Al Jefferson or Amare Stoudemire, or at least Shawn Marion and some other pieces. In all likelyhood we'd AT LEAST have to add Tyrus.

Also, there's no way they'd send Brewer back. McHale is dumb, but not that dumb. The whole point of unloading Garnett is to start over with a young core, dealing a good, young piece that you just acquired doesn't mesh with that at all, especially since they passed on Noah to take him.

And no, at best Brewer will finish a distant 3rd in ROY voting. Durant is basically a lock for at least 18 PPG, and Oden should be good for about 14 and 9 with stellar defense. Both of those are fairly conservative as well, and doesn't factor in guys like Horford or Green that could also do pretty well.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jun 30 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

That might not be enough to get just Garnett, let alone Brewer too.

+Quote Post
BG7
post Jul 1 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #5

10 Day Contract

Member No.: 129

I think the package is a perfect deal for Minnesota. It's true that the whole idea behind unloading KG is to get young players. Well, they've always wanted Ben Gordon, who is a high-scoring AND proven guard who is still very young. They get Joakim Noah, a college superstar. They get veteran PJ Brown, and Nocioni, who brings pure energy and passion. Ben Gordon + Nocioni = 35 ppg.

I'd say it is a fair trade.

Minnesota gets:
Ben Gordon
Andres Nocioni
Joakim Noah
PJ Brown

Chicago gets:
Kevin Garnett
Corey Brewer

I think both sides win on that one. BG is a proven 20ppg scorer and Noch is also a 15ppg scorer with good defense. Joakim is all defense and rebounding, and PJ gives you 10 pts 7 boards per game. Not bad of a trade.

+Quote Post
Wanne
post Jul 1 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #6

6th Man

Member No.: 61

You guys are nuts if you even remotely think they'd give up Brewer.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 1 2007, 01:43 AM
Post #7

Superstar

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 12

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 1 2007, 01:38 AM) *
You guys are nuts if you even remotely think they'd give up Brewer.

Yeah, Brewer ain't happening. The more likely deal would be something like:

Gordon, Noc, PJ, and Tyrus for KG

which I would do in 1/100th of a second.

+Quote Post
ChWRoCk2
post Jul 1 2007, 10:24 AM
Post #8

6th Man

Member No.: 41

QUOTE (BG7 @ Jul 1 2007, 01:27 AM) *
I think the package is a perfect deal for Minnesota. It's true that the whole idea behind unloading KG is to get young players. Well, they've always wanted Ben Gordon, who is a high-scoring AND proven guard who is still very young. They get Joakim Noah, a college superstar. They get veteran PJ Brown, and Nocioni, who brings pure energy and passion. Ben Gordon + Nocioni = 35 ppg.

I'd say it is a fair trade.

Minnesota gets:
Ben Gordon
Andres Nocioni
Joakim Noah
PJ Brown

Chicago gets:
Kevin Garnett
Corey Brewer

I think both sides win on that one. BG is a proven 20ppg scorer and Noch is also a 15ppg scorer with good defense. Joakim is all defense and rebounding, and PJ gives you 10 pts 7 boards per game. Not bad of a trade.

Definitely not fair, why would they want a guy like PJ back, plus hes a free agent so they could just sign him. Noah Noch and BG just dont equal Brewer and Garnett, throw in next years first round draft pick and cash and maybe just maybe it would work.

Oh and if this is for your xbox console, you should probably set the 'force trades option' to on. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 1 2007, 11:52 AM
Post #9

Leading Scorer

Member No.: 193

I think they'd do the deal if we threw in Tyrus but not for what you mentioned.

Maybe for what you mentioned and our next 3 1st round picks but not just for Gordon, Nocioni, Noah & PJ. I agree that they probably wouldn't accept that for KG alone. There is no way that would work out for Minnesota over the long run. However, if you throw in Tyrus, they basically have a new young starting 5 after the trade.

Foye/Hudson
Davis/Gordon
Nocioni/Smith
Howard/Tyrus/Richard
Noah/Blount

This group will likely finish last in the West and maybe the league for a couple of years but that will mean a few years of top 5 picks for the Wolves which could possibly put them back on the map in a real way in the next 3 years. You have some great young pieces in Gordon/Tyrus/Foye/& Noah as well as good character guys in Gordon/Nocioni to teach the young rookies in the future how to work hard. Ricky Davis could then be dealt for future picks (maybe to Golden State)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 03:49 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home