> Bulls Work Out Sean May, Maybe He Can Finally Realize His Potential
eddog2
post Jul 17 2009, 09:17 AM
Post #1

Leading Scorer

Group: Members
Member No.: 193

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....t-sean-may.html

The Bulls worked out Sean May in Las Vegas. I would love to add May. He's had injury problems his entire career but the guy had serious talent coming out of college. Maybe a change of scenary would be good for him. At worse he can take the limited minutes that Tim Thomas used to get. Ideal case, he becomes a good low post scorer for us off the bench. Best case, he really realizes his full potential and becomes a very cheap starter.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 17 2009, 09:38 AM
Post #2

All-Star

Group: Administrator

Member No.: 43

He was pretty damn awful the little that he did play last year and missed all of 07/08 with injury. He's horribly out of shape and injury prone. I seriously doubt he makes any kind of impact unless we're talking about the one on the post-game buffet.

+Quote Post
Balta1701-B
post Jul 17 2009, 09:59 AM
Post #3

Superstar

Member No.: 23

If we trade Tyrus for Boozer, sure. Worst thing that happens then is he's the 3rd/4th power forward option and he plays 15 minutes a game on the days Boozer is hurt.

Otherwise, after our draft...unless he's a SG, I don't want him. No more benching of our young guys.

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 17 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #4

Superstar

Member No.: 73

Meh.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #5

Superstar

Member No.: 12

The ABSOLUTE best we can hope for from him is a poor-man's Michael Sweetney.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 17 2009, 01:13 PM
Post #6

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 17 2009, 02:10 PM) *
The ABSOLUTE best we can hope for from him is a poor-man's Michael Sweetney.

He is out of shape but I don't think anyone is as out of shape as Sweet. Anyway, he is a decent scorer in the post. At this point since we probably won't get a big time PF I'll take all the help we can get as long as it is not a long term deal. Of course I would prefer that they convert their cap space into a quality SG (that's better than Pargo) but if they don't then I would be okay with them adding a player I used to like.

+Quote Post
ZoomSlowik
post Jul 17 2009, 01:16 PM
Post #7

All-Star

Member No.: 43

He WAS a decent scorer in the post 3 years, several injuries, and probably 40 pounds ago. He didn't even shoot 40% from the floor last year. dry.gif

I'd much rather be giving PT to Johnson and Gibson.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 17 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #8

Leading Scorer

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindblazersbe...or_blazers.html

"May displayed three-point range, low-post ability and looked as if he had lost a significant amount of weight since the end of the regular season. May said his weight remains near 260 pounds, but that he has shed four percent of his body fat since the end of the season, his fourth with the Charlotte Bobcats."

"Both workouts went really well," May said. "Portland was really good and I like their staff a lot. I think they like me. I think they can see it fitting. Right now, I'm fighting for my career, to get my career back on track. I think they notice that. I'm in the best shape of my life. I feel great, I move great, the workout went well and I shot the ball well. I think they like that."

"My knee is 100 percent and I feel great," May said. "You ask the coaches or guys who are working me out, I haven't moved this good since '06 or '05. Bobby (Medina), the strength coach from Portland, says this is the best he's seen me since I've been in the league. So the knee is good. It's the best I've felt in years."

I say why not take chance. For a player with his potential that has had injury issues and only played for the Bobcats why not take a chance. Give him a low 3 year deal with the team option to cut him after this year. Then get him in the gym every day and see what happens. At the worst, he ends up being the 15th man on the roster. But I think he has more upside than that. A move to a new team and a new staff could be just what he needs to get his career jump started.

+Quote Post
Sanitarium
post Jul 17 2009, 01:29 PM
Post #9

6th Man

Member No.: 781

QUOTE (eddog2 @ Jul 17 2009, 11:17 AM) *
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune....t-sean-may.html

The Bulls worked out Sean May in Las Vegas. I would love to add May. He's had injury problems his entire career but the guy had serious talent coming out of college. Maybe a change of scenary would be good for him. At worse he can take the limited minutes that Tim Thomas used to get. Ideal case, he becomes a good low post scorer for us off the bench. Best case, he really realizes his full potential and becomes a very cheap starter.

are you the same guy who's crying rivers over signing pargo and hunter?

+Quote Post
Chicago Bulls Fr...
post Jul 17 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #10

Superstar

Member No.: 73

I'm just not sure we really need him. I mean if he's just going to sit on the bench like Aaron Gray then okay. I just don't really understand the reasoning behind him. We have Taj for garbage time and James will probably get a few minutes at PF when Tyrus subs out, and also Joakim when Miller's in.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #11

Superstar

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jul 17 2009, 02:29 PM) *

You know it.

+Quote Post
SoxFan1
post Jul 17 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #12

Superstar

What the hell would we do with Tyrus, Noah, Miller, Gibson, Johnson, Gray, and May?

+Quote Post
Steve9347
post Jul 17 2009, 01:43 PM
Post #13

I'm fresh.

Member No.: 131

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 17 2009, 02:40 PM) *
What the hell would we do with Tyrus, Noah, Miller, Gibson, Johnson, Gray, and May?

Lose a f*ckton of games.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 17 2009, 04:49 PM
Post #14

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (Sanitarium @ Jul 17 2009, 02:29 PM) *

He likely won't get $2M. The minimum on him is like $880K which is the minimum we are going to have to spend anyway to fill the roster. We probably need one more big and another real SG. My deal with Pargo was the $2M and if he is going to be our main SG/PG with Kirk off the bench. I don't want that. Pargo sucks and was only signed b/c he had name recognition and the team wanted to make headlines after they lost BG.

May has potential. An $880K risk is not much. Even a $1.5M risk is not much. Yes I complained about Pargo b/c Pargo sucks. May has just been injured. Will he get injured again? Who knows. But if he passes the physical and shows he has talent why not take the risk. He has potential to be a very solid 4 off the bench that can score in the post. Pargo can't do anything. He's 1/4 of the scorer BG was, is too small, and is nowhere near as good a 3 point shooter as BG was. And don't go quoting %'s and try to make it look close. BG took tough 3's and still buried them (b/c he gets great lift on his shots) so don't claim that the %'s are close.

+Quote Post
eddog2
post Jul 17 2009, 04:58 PM
Post #15

Leading Scorer

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 17 2009, 02:40 PM) *

Well hopefully Johnson can play all the backup minutes at 3 (plus start the 20+ games that Luol misses at some point during the year). Taj sucks so he shouldn't play at all. May > Gibson even if he's overweight and can only give you Michael Sweetney type stretches.

So we have Noah and Miller & Tyrus taking a majority of the minutes at C/PF and May/Johnson taking the rest. Maybe May can teach Taj how to eat and put weight onto his frame. Maybe if Taj gains 40lbs of muscle he'll be able to do something in this league. Otherwise he's going to get minutes that he does not deserve just b/c we drafted him 26th instead of taking a more NBA ready player like Blair.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 08:38 AM
Home | Home | Home | Home | Home